Half-Assed GDT: “We got left out of the party” amalgamated SCP thread

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Game over.

Also can Perron getting scratched again finally put a stop to anyone that thinks we should consider bringing him back? He has 3 career playoff goals in 56 games. THREE.

I don't even need to begin to describe how putrid that is. Reaves has already tied him. He folds under pressure.

Oshie I sometimes miss. But Perron, never.

He has 8 assists and 12 games these playoffs, and scored 66 points this year. He's better than most of the 3rd liners we had this year.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
One win away from self loathing defeatism being decimated, but self loathing defeatism isn’t dead until we win one.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
He has 8 assists and 12 games these playoffs, and scored 66 points this year. He's better than most of the 3rd liners we had this year.
He had a career year he will never repeat, like some others in Vegas. He's not a 66-point guy and wouldn't have made much of a difference on this team.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Perron scratched for purpose. He has been Bad. Cant play physical game at all and cheat 2-way games.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
He had a career year he will never repeat, like some others in Vegas. He's not a 66-point guy and wouldn't have made much of a difference on this team.

A RW that would score 40-55 points is 100% a difference maker on the blues this year. That's not really up for debate with how little scoring depth we had.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Caps up 3-1 with a commanding series lead but this game could have gone the other way. Vegas is in a huge hole but I’m not calling the fat lady yet. Vegas goes home for game 5 and if they win all bets are off. Holtby so far this final is known for “the save” in game 2. He doesn’t look comfortable to me. He seems to fight routine saves.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
A RW that would score 40-55 points is 100% a difference maker on the blues this year. That's not really up for debate with how little scoring depth we had.
Who cares? Perron was the difference between missing the playoffs and beating Nashville? Not even close. The team was going nowhere this year.

We need a 2RW, but we need a better player than David Perron. That would be a complete failure of a signing.

Reactions: simon in canada

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Perron remains unforgiven in my books because of his disappearing act in the last Blues playoffs. He was a complete non-factor. He is infuriatingly inconsistent. One game he will forecheck, to the point of being a pest. The next game he wont. One game he will play good defensive hockey. The next game he wont. I would be very, very disappointed if he was our choice for a 2nd RW. Heck, he actually prefers LW! Grabner, Neal, Comeau, even Hansen, would be better RW choices from the UFA pool, should we choose to go that route.

Reactions: The Note in Ky

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Who cares? Perron was the difference between missing the playoffs and beating Nashville? Not even close. The team was going nowhere this year.

We need a 2RW, but we need a better player than David Perron. That would be a complete failure of a signing.

He was already under contract for another year. Making the playoffs is important for the Blues as a franchise for financial reasons even if they're going nowhere. Nashville looked pretty vulnerable anyways and you never know. Having Perron over the revolving door of rookies who don't belong would have made a huge difference this year, to the point where we're probably still competitive in the division and are playing Winnipeg instead of Nashville.

Perron at 3.75 was good value anyway you want to look at it.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Will be happy for Oshie but **** Ovi, hate his political ****.
ovi.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad