Half-Assed GDT: “We got left out of the party” amalgamated SCP thread

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
It’s been a while since the Blues sat out the playoffs. Where do we go for GDTs?

NHL level threads?
Team level threads?
Our own bluesy “we got left out of the party” amalgamated SCP thread?

Update: Making this our own combined bluesy GDT for the whole SCP. A salty Blues fan safe zone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bendak

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Normally I'll watch other games even when the Blues get bounced, but this year feels different. I probably won't follow any games until maybe the finals, and maybe not at all. I'll see if I can follow some Rampage games and wait for the draft.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I wouldn't mind Boston (because if Backes) or Vegas (because of Reaves) win. Also I might root for NJ because I have a good friend who's a fan of theirs.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

LSAT-Or-300x300.jpg

latest

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Honestly, I'd like to root for Boston first, Wash 2nd, Vegas 3rd. If all else fails I'm rooting for WPG. I'd like to see one of our former guys win the cup. Although, I feel like if Wash finally wins we will most assuredly be the laughing stock of the postseason chokers.

Guys I do have good news about us sucking. We have about a 1-2% chance of getting one of Dahlin/Svech/Tkachuk/Zadina. Here's to hoping that our pick is either top 3 or 15th.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Lol, sorry to sound negative, but for me it is more about who I don't want to win. Anybody but the Perds and Loafs!

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
The NHL Playoffs are hands down my favorite sporting event of the year. I have less nerves and excitement when the Blues aren't involved, but I'll be watching as many games as I can. As always, I'll be on my couch for puck drop on Wednesday; drinking Canadian beer, eating game day snacks I made and quietly stewing about the fact that none of my friends like hockey enough to accept the invite to watch night 1 of the playoffs (by far the biggest down side to living in a mountain town filled with people who spend all of their free time skiiing, mountain biking or rock climbing is that no one cares at all about team sports).

I hate the division playoff format, but I'm excited for Pens/Flyers and I think there will be some great hockey in the first round. As much as I'd like to see the Jets have success, I can't root for that pick to drop to the end of the 1st round.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Rooting for Vegas and whoever wins the PIT/PHI series.

But I am picking a Kings/Bruins final.

Reactions: simon in canada

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Looking forward to Bos-Tor, Vegas-LA, and Pitt-Phl in round one, the last one just because it is bound to get stupid in some form or fashion.

I want Nashville to get bounced wherever they can, but I share the conventional wisdom that a Nash-Wpg series will be great hockey.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The playoffs will be fun to watch as usual. There's a lot of good series in this 1st round.

And the East is pretty loaded. I'm predicting a 2nd round of Boston vs. Tampa and Pittsburgh vs. Washington.

Umm yes please. Sign me up for that. Basically 4 powerhouses going head to head. Going to be interesting to see who can prevail.

West is less interesting as I don't see anyone getting past Nashville. But I am interested to see how Vegas does, no idea what to expect there. Their 1st round matchup vs LA is intriguing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad