Half-Assed GDT: “We got left out of the party” amalgamated SCP thread

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
It seems like niether third line has really done anything this series. Eller did some stuff last game, but that was after he moved up to replace Kuznetsov

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Oshie is such a clutch. Huge 2-way plays, 2 goal Post (unlucky), winning goal Oshie forced turnover and give pass to Kutz. Oshie is warrior.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Oshie is such a clutch. Huge 2-way plays, 2 goal Post (unlucky), winning goal Oshie forced turnover and give pass to Kutz. Oshie is warrior.
Loved Oshie when he was here. It's a shame we got rid of him just to satisfy Hitch, only to finally move Hitch when we realized his system was the real problem as pertaining to offensive potential. We could have had the same output out of him if he was surrounded by players like he has in Washington. It's depressing to see our players leave here and have success, but I think it will continue to happen until we put together a solid team from top to bottom.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Loved Oshie when he was here. It's a shame we got rid of him just to satisfy Hitch, only to finally move Hitch when we realized his system was the real problem as pertaining to offensive potential. We could have had the same output out of him if he was surrounded by players like he has in Washington. It's depressing to see our players leave here and have success, but I think it will continue to happen until we put together a solid team from top to bottom.

This is bold opinion, but Caps wouldn't have that leathal powerplay without Oshie. He just Make that powerplay More succesfull/complete then what is has been, it has come to turn point where Ovechkin Will leave open and hold tight Oshie, 'cus he is far danger then Ovechkin. Ofc this all Tells Oshie's position compare to Ovechkin, but it Tells that how good Oshie 1-timer really is and how accurate its, it might Be The quickest 1-timer, its like half of 1-timer, but danger one.

Shame our coaching Staff was poor and Army was all over The place what this team needs.

Just shame. Wasted good assets' for nothing.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
This is bold opinion, but Caps wouldn't have that leathal powerplay without Oshie. He just Make that powerplay More succesfull/complete then what is has been, it has come to turn point where Ovechkin Will leave open and hold tight Oshie, 'cus he is far danger then Ovechkin. Ofc this all Tells Oshie's position compare to Ovechkin, but it Tells that how good Oshie 1-timer really is and how accurate its, it might Be The quickest 1-timer, its like half of 1-timer, but danger one.

Shame our coaching Staff was poor and Army was all over The place what this team needs.

Just shame. Wasted good assets' for nothing.

Oshie is not the top performer on that team, not even top 3. Looking back, I think DA let his friendship with Hitch interfere with good reasoning in letting Oshie go. That being said, Oshie would not be producing here at the level he is in Washington. There's simply not enough top end talent to drive offense here.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Oshie is not the top performer on that team, not even top 3. Looking back, I think DA let his friendship with Hitch interfere with good reasoning in letting Oshie go. That being said, Oshie would not be producing here at the level he is in Washington. There's simply not enough top end talent to drive offense here.
Oshie is a guy who's talents are complemented and raised by higher end talent. We just didn't have that level when he was playing here.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Oshie is a guy who's talents are complemented and raised by higher end talent. We just didn't have that level when he was playing here.

Oshie is a kind of moot for me in relation to the Blues at this point because his previous contract is up, and he is in year 1 of an 8 year deal that I am glad the Blues didnt sign him to. The Brouwer trade wasnt good for us value-wise, but its kind of in the past at this point and it didnt burn us too much in the long term.

Reactions: BlueDream

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Ovi's team smells blood. They'll close out the series.

The Blues, Canucks and Sabres remain as the long suffering teams without a Cup. If we don't win the next one out of that group... then f***.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Oshie is fighter. He has been Caps top 3 forward on these SCF series after Ovechkin and Kutznetsov.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Game over.

Also can Perron getting scratched again finally put a stop to anyone that thinks we should consider bringing him back? He has 3 career playoff goals in 56 games. THREE.

I don't even need to begin to describe how putrid that is. Reaves has already tied him. He folds under pressure.

Oshie I sometimes miss. But Perron, never.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad