Half-Assed GDT: “We got left out of the party” amalgamated SCP thread

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Yeah happy or whatever for Oshie and Eller but it was truly special to see Blues legend Pheonix Copley lift the Cup

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
tumblr_mdi1g3l8vJ1rzdljko1_r1_500-1.gif

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
k thank god this snoozefest postseason is over and we can move forward to next year

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Anyone checked in on Dizee recently?

I'm hoping he didn't explode when Washington/Oshie clinched the Cup. :laugh:
oshie didnt do a thing as usual. neither did perron for that matter, got scratched from what i heard. both of them are still losers.

but cg to the caps on beating a expansion team to win the cup. only won because of their goaltender really but they took out the pens and bolts so i guess they deserve it. sure wish the west gave them a better challenge though, pretty sad stuff from the west this season. i watched a grand total of 0 games after the bruins-leafs game 7.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
21 points in 24 games while playing two-way hockey= not doing anything as usual. Check. Got it.
and most of those points are secondary assists from backstrom feeding OV on the PP.

yawn

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
I am overjoyed to see the Caps win. They've been my second team for many years now, and I absolutely DID NOT want to see Vegas win despite how much I love that city ( grew up there ). I've been a Blues fan since 92ish, and Oshie was the first jersey I ever actually bought. I was big on Eller and super bummed to see him in the Halak trade.

Most of all, call this stupid superstition or optimism if you like, but with Vegas being the only expansion team to make it to the finals in their inaugural season, the curse should be lifted.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
oshie didnt do a thing as usual. neither did perron for that matter, got scratched from what i heard. both of them are still losers.

but cg to the caps on beating a expansion team to win the cup. only won because of their goaltender really but they took out the pens and bolts so i guess they deserve it. sure wish the west gave them a better challenge though, pretty sad stuff from the west this season. i watched a grand total of 0 games after the bruins-leafs game 7.

So in other words, you're just speaking out of your gaping asshole like usual since you didn't watch any of the finals.

Reactions: EternalOptimist

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
and most of those points are secondary assists from backstrom feeding OV on the PP.

yawn

You do know there are places you can check on these stats before typing them and sounding like an idiot, right? Oshie was 3rd on the team in goals and tied for 3rd in primary assists. Secondary assists made up exactly 1/3 of his points, much less than "most".

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

giphy.webp

Reactions: shmotz

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI

seems like an interesting thing to say for someone who seems so confident that Oshie did nothing as usual.

Reactions: PRicci09

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I find Dizee extremely entertaining but come on dude, is it so hard to admit that you were wrong on Oshie. I'll even concede that you're right on everything else you've predicted if you just admit that.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I'm happy for the Capitals to win. After all the crap that OV and that franchise gets for not winning anything in the post season...has to feel amazing to get it done and shut those people up. Good for them.

Obviously happy for Oshie too.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
I find Dizee extremely entertaining but come on dude, is it so hard to admit that you were wrong on Oshie. I'll even concede that you're right on everything else you've predicted if you just admit that.
Oshie is a loser and is not the same player he was before Sochi. He has been a loser ever since. Just because he pads on secondary assists on PP goals and gets carried by 3 people to a cup does not mean hes any less of a loser. Lots of undeserving people have won cups before, look at a player like Chris Osgood. I consider him the goalie version of Oshie aka a Overrated player

Plus there will always be a * next to this cup win for them anyways, they played a freaking expansion team in the finals. I wish the Blues could have played the Atlanta Thrashers back in the day they came in the league.

Reactions: The Note in Ky

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Oshie is a loser and is not the same player he was before Sochi. He has been a loser ever since. Just because he pads on secondary assists on PP goals and gets carried by 3 people to a cup does not mean hes any less of a loser. Lots of undeserving people have won cups before, look at a player like Chris Osgood. I consider him the goalie version of Oshie aka a Overrated player

Plus there will always be a * next to this cup win for them anyways, they played a freaking expansion team in the finals. I wish the Blues could have played the Atlanta Thrashers back in the day they came in the league.

In all honesty, I'm not sure I'm ever going to be able to take your opinions seriously after this thread. You have been presented with evidence that demonstrates that you are just flat out incorrect about how he got his points, you admit to not watching any of the games and then just make things up to fit the narrative you want to see in the world. We disagree a lot but I've always felt that your posts were based on observations you've made. It's pretty clear from this that what actually happens on the ice is completely irrelevant to your narrative.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis

You live in your own little world, don't you?

hullderko

Apr 21, 2015
I am glad that overrated Vegas lost, but indifferent that the Capitals won. The Jets would have given the Caps much more trouble than Vegas imho.

Watching the playoffs without the Blues reminds me of the fortitude (along with the talent) as the pressure and intensity grows, that is required to win the Cup. Imho, the Blues constantly move talent pieces but continue to miss the mark on fortitude. Nobody in this organization (Yeo included) has the winning mojo that would power the team through 4 rounds like Ovechkin had this year. The Blues are still a long way away.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I am glad that overrated Vegas lost, but indifferent that the Capitals won. The Jets would have given the Caps much more trouble than Vegas imho.

Watching the playoffs without the Blues reminds me of the fortitude (along with the talent) as the pressure and intensity grows, that is required to win the Cup. Imho, the Blues constantly move talent pieces but continue to miss the mark on fortitude. Nobody in this organization (Yeo included) has the winning mojo that would power the team through 4 rounds like Ovechkin had this year. The Blues are still a long way away.
I see this all the time and it just makes no sense. How do you know that?

This is the first time the Capitals even made it past the 2nd round in the Ovechkin era. So how did they all of the sudden do it? They didn't make many changes in the offseason. They lost some guys but didn't really add anyone. People said the same things about them before they finally won.

You know how you get winning mojo? Having good players and winning games. By adding a couple key pieces this offseason, we absolutely could.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014

schenn does and i think tarasenko does as well.

outside that, your right

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
schenn does and i think tarasenko does as well.

outside that, your right

I'd like to think Tarasenko does, but he sure hasn't shown it yet. He has another gear or two he can get to, but he rarely rarely shows it. Ovechkin did in this playoffs.

I see it in Schwartz and Schenn for sure though.

I remember Tarasenko, either this past year or the last, mentioned that some people think he's lazy. He responded that he's not lazy, he's just playing smart because he won't chase after a puck that he knows he can't get to...ok...I get what he's saying, but that sh** won't fly in the playoffs. You can't just decide "oh, it's not worth it, I won't get the puck anyway."

Last edited:

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I'd like to think Tarasenko does, but he sure hasn't shown it yet. He has another gear or two he can get to, but he rarely rarely shows it. Ovechkin did in this playoffs.

I see it in Schwartz and Schenn for sure though.

I remember Tarasenko, either this past year or the last, mentioned that some people think he's lazy. He responded that he's not lazy, he's just playing smart because he won't chase after a puck that he knows he can't get to...ok...I get what he's saying, but that sh** won't fly in the playoffs. You can't just decide "oh, it's not worth it, I won't get the puck anyway."

Nobody has it until they did it. Ovie was always great scorer, never won anything. Now he is gold standard because they won. We read way too much into small sample. Ovie has been great player for over a decade, with or without cup like Brett Hull before him.

The real lesson in Caps win to me is not to throw out baby with bathwater. Would have been so easy for them to give into urge to blow it up after some tough losses. They held on to their top players and kept coming back for another shot. Make adjustments, add to your core, but guys like Ovie and Backstrom etc. just needed a little help and a little luck. We need another top player or 2, quality goaltending, and some luck. Trading Tank or Petro because they're not "winners" is not path to winning.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Nobody has it until they did it. Ovie was always great scorer, never won anything. Now he is gold standard because they won. We read way too much into small sample. Ovie has been great player for over a decade, with or without cup like Brett Hull before him.

The real lesson in Caps win to me is not to throw out baby with bathwater. Would have been so easy for them to give into urge to blow it up after some tough losses. They held on to their top players and kept coming back for another shot. Make adjustments, add to your core, but guys like Ovie and Backstrom etc. just needed a little help and a little luck. We need another top player or 2, quality goaltending, and some luck. Trading Tank or Petro because they're not "winners" is not path to winning.
Woah, I didn’t say anything about trading anyone - just noting that some players (yes, Tarasenko included) need to hit another gear in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad