Friedman: “Toronto would move Martin Marincin”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Going through a few old posts, I've been sidetracked. I can say with certainty you do not believe he was ever even 7th D calibre player. Wow.

Anyway, back to sifting through a half decade of Tanev to Toronto threads.
Wanna have some real fun? Pull up the old Luongo to Toronto threads...

Reactions: 1specter

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Again, for younger posters, we had more threads in the Trade Forum then there were Bond movies. 24 and counting...

And to think, Toronto traded less then Vancouver fans wanted for a potential starter in Andersen, and Vancouver traded both goalies and got Horvat and Markstrom. And we all thought it was the only way!

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Again, for younger posters, we had more threads in the Trade Forum then there were Bond movies. 24 and counting...

And to think, Toronto traded less then Vancouver fans wanted for a potential starter in Andersen, and Vancouver traded both goalies and got Horvat and Markstrom. And we all thought it was the only way!

Thank god we didn't get Lou because we wouldn't have, Marner, Nylander or Matthews today and without them Tavares probably doesn't come home.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I’m going to go ahead and say this probably wasn’t worth bumping a three month old thread for.

hmm must have been some recent posts deleted before mine, because I didn't bump this - just saw it at the top of this forum and replied

anyone proactively looking for marincin threads need to have their head examined lol

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

24 Bond titles...and i can't remember how many Beatles one..good times!!:laugh:

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Thank god we didn't get Lou because we wouldn't have, Marner, Nylander or Matthews today and without them Tavares probably doesn't come home.

Now who's being revisionist?

Jokes.

I remember a lot of Leafs fans think Luongo wasn't enough to right the ship, but as a Canucks fan I believe you're right, things may have played out very differently from here. Kessel would almost definitely still be a Leaf, and Kadri and Rielly were the rising stars, with Gardiner and Bozak still being possible pieces for the future Leafs. Phaneuf was also there.

Who did Anaheim take with the picks for Andersen though?

Would have been a different team now, that's for sure.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I know a ton of Canucks posters stopped posting in the trade forums. It had to be even worse for anyone over seeing it I'm sure.
It's probably a big reason why Leafs fans started getting the rep they have on here...those threads got vicious.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Now who's being revisionist?

Jokes.

I remember a lot of Leafs fans think Luongo wasn't enough to right the ship, but as a Canucks fan I believe you're right, things may have played out very differently from here. Kessel would almost definitely still be a Leaf, and Kadri and Rielly were the rising stars, with Gardiner and Bozak still being possible pieces for the future Leafs. Phaneuf was also there.

Who did Anaheim take with the picks for Andersen though?

Would have been a different team now, that's for sure.

Sam Steel and Maxiem Comtois

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I have absolutely zero recollection of that.

As I'm going through mentions at work, most of it is more along the lines of Marincin is better than so-and-so, and so-and-so is a top four guy (DeHaan, Tanev and pre-trade Barrie were the popular targets). Or Marincin is playing top four minutes over someone. Or one specific advanced stat of Marincin is better than the same stat of a player fans are trying to acquire. Or that he can replace said player short term or until then end of the year.

I will eat humble pie, no one directly said he was a great top 4 player directly.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Hasn't this guy been on waivers at least two or three times? Not sure what the Leafs could possibly expect to get back for him. If he can't play on the current decimated TO blueline, it's hard to see him helping anyone else.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad