Post-Game Talk: “Okay campers, rise, and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cold out there…“

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
I know Sully, Mario, etc will never wise up, but how many more years of this perimeter soft hockey are you all going to continue to think is a winning formula?

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
I know Sully, Mario, etc will never wise up, but how many more years of this perimeter soft hockey are you all going to continue to think is a winning formula?
Probably as long as this keeps happening

download3.jpeg

download2.jpeg

download1.jpeg

Attachments

• download1.jpeg
    download1.jpeg
    324.1 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Trade and Beauner

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I like how MSL has been teaching the youth in Montreal, I still think that's a bad idea for a head coach, but Martin St.Louis is the type you would want in your farm system as a coach, the stuff he's done for Caufield and others on that team, the youth have been doing very well there under MSL. I am not a fan of JD in WBS, I think he could be ready some day, it just isn't now.

But this team needs a retool big time and I think the fact that Ron and Mario are still running the show will never see it happen. They'll keep telling Hextall to build a contender and they'll destroy any future window this team will have.

If I was going to blow it up and Sid and Geno were like yeah we're done and will retire after this season - I hire Warsofsky as the head coach.
I don't know anything about Warsofsky as a coach, but I agree about MSL. It's refreshing to see a coach actually try and cater to skilled players and work with them to help them reach their potential. More of that please, NHL.

Are Mario/Burkle still involved heavily after the sale? That's a bummer.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
imagine if they are legit No.1 and No.2, they would be scarry!
Pretty much. I still think Lafreniere's gonna turn it around and be something--maybe not "the next Sid/McDavid" everyone thought based on his Junior stats, but something. Kakko's a f***ing bum though.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Sweet. How close have we been to that the last 5 years?
This is just unrealistic.

No NHL team has made more than two Stanley Cup appearances in any five year span since the mid-90s Red Wings.

The only ones who have come close:
Chicago won three in 6 years.
Tampa has made three Cup finals in 7 years, winning two.
And the Penguins made four Cup finals in 10 years, winning three.

That's it. For 30 years. And much like the Penguins, Chicago and Tampa also suffered through some quick first round exits in their runs.

Expecting a dynasty is insane, especially with an older core.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
This is just unrealistic.

No NHL team has made more than two Stanley Cup appearances in any five year span since the mid-90s Red Wings.

The only ones who have come close:
Chicago won three in 6 years.
Tampa has made three Cup finals in 7 years, winning two.
And the Penguins made four Cup finals in 10 years, winning three.

That's it. For 30 years. And much like the Penguins, Chicago and Tampa also suffered through some quick first round exits in their runs.

Expecting a dynasty is insane, especially with an older core.

Yet the same cast of characters are on here having meltdowns after not only every loss, but every goal against.

Reactions: Beauner

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Someone on twitter claimed Sid has malaria, what are the chances? Since its Sid I would not rule it out completely until I see him on the ice again...

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Updated stats in ice time minutes....Our #2 center is a 5 on 5 black hole that does not make his linemates better:

5 on 5 stats

34 games
489 Minutes
8 goals
6 assists (atrocious)

Only 2 primary assists!

Those are fourth liner numbers with more minutes played. Ok it checks out:

Brian Boyle
57 games
510 Minutes
8 goals
6 assists

3 Primary Assists.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Also, on Malkin—he was playing really well up until the Minn game and he appeared to get hurt in that game.

He was playing great then got creamed a couple times and limped back to the bench. His game has fallen off significantly since.

There's the hurt excuse. BINGO!

Why resign an always hurt player?

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Someone on twitter claimed Sid has malaria, what are the chances? Since its Sid I would not rule it out completely until I see him on the ice again...
Yes, Crosby slipped away to Africa, got bit by an infected mosquito, and now has malaria. You got it.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Yet the same cast of characters are on here having meltdowns after not only every loss, but every goal against.
Because they're spoiled.

The most any NHL fan should expect is to be competitive every year, which means make the playoffs. Strive for more. Have high hopes. But as long as you're making the playoffs, you have a shot.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Stupid effing losers.

I have zero trust in Sully's ability to figure out the ooposition and motivate the players.

TJ is a huge turd and will melt down.

It was a really stupid plan to build the team full of old washed out guys with nothing left in the tank like: Crosby, Letang, Malkin, Dumo, Carter, Boyle.

Burkie's and Hextall's roster building is atrocious. All their signings and trades are a big steaming pile of meh. Carter, ERod, Heinen, McGuinn, Rackell. Add there KK (I know he was acquired by GMJR). These so-called "secondary scorers" add absolutely nothing, they are absolute empty spaces.

Stupid effing losers.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Rangers players and fans laughing at this team is pretty fitting.

Take a Bow Ron & Mario, this is your team with your coach.
Mario fully shares the responsibility for this team. He vetoed trading away Malkin and Letang and starting the rebuild.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
2016 and 2017 were also because he had a plethora of young talent that was building in WBS that we hardly knew about because Bylsma and Johnston hated young guys. We also had a GM that was willing to wheel and deal. AND Sullivan who didn't have a lengthy contract who was actually willing to coach. AND we had two goaltenders that were world-class (at the time). AND we had generational/core players still in their late 20's.

Now we have a depleted WBS, a coach that has a cushy deal that won't coach, a decent goalie, and core/generational players in their mid-30s.

Boggles my mind why some people can't understand why we can't compete at the moment. Some of you think it's ERod and Kapanen. LOL. Laugh. Out. Loud.

Reactions: Andy99

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
I mean, we wouldn't want to try any of the young guys at any point. Much better to keep trotting out the KKs and E-Rods and hoping they suddenly decide to start contributing. Oh, and I am sure an injured Zucker will be the key to unlock this thing, so let's just wait for him to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad