Post-Game Talk: “Okay campers, rise, and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cold out there…“

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Letang I agree with but Malkin, you will never have me agree with moving Malkin. Because you can get another C in here and the same issues will persist - catering to Crosby's line and throwing shit at the wall for the second line.

This franchise has been doing Geno dirty for years and blaming him for not making random ideas work, meanwhile Crosby gets specific wingers catering to his strengths.

A superstar centre that makes 9,5 mln per season and is regarded as top 100 in the history of the game MUST work fine and produce regardless of the linemates.

And the age. Even if he agreed to stay for a league minimum - I would object. This team needs to get faster, younger and fresher. And trading him away would've brought us some draft picks and prospects.

This team should have been dismantled after losing the PO series to Caps in 2018. Mario's refusal to let that happen has had this team stagnating for tha las 4 years.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Good. 3rd seed against the Rags is what I want at this point. If the Pens can’t step up healthy and handle that f*** them and blow up the team.

Mario won't let to blow up the team if they make the playoffs. He wants 87/71/58 to keep playing for the Pens until they are 60 or something.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
I actually agree, we beat the Isles 5 out of the last 6 times we played them last regular season and we see how that played out.

Getting your shit kicked in like that can be an easy motivator. If we play them with a healthy roster (lol), I still like our chances. Think it’s a big positive they haven’t really seen us at full strength yet.

These players don't care. They don't have any pride left. They are too old, washed out and satiated, they don't care about winning any more. They don't care.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006

You whole account is posts like this. Social media ain't healthy for you boss, I'd consider taking a step back

That poster definitely takes things too far, but you’re really no better saying things like 87 pencils in the lines and pouts when he isn’t playing with his chosen linemates, despite never having a lick of proof of that ever occurring.

I realize that fans get frustrated and spout off emotionally on here sometimes, but your narratives of Crosby being a prima donna about his linemates and such are just as ridiculous.

Reactions: TheSniper26

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
A superstar centre that makes 9,5 mln per season and is regarded as top 100 in the history of the game MUST work fine and produce regardless of the linemates.

And the age. Even if he agreed to stay for a league minimum - I would object. This team needs to get faster, younger and fresher. And trading him away would've brought us some draft picks and prospects.

This team should have been dismantled after losing the PO series to Caps in 2018. Mario's refusal to let that happen has had this team stagnating for tha las 4 years.
Yes the the team should have been dismantled after 9 straight series wins…

Also Malkin isnt worth the minimum…

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
That poster definitely takes things too far, but you’re really no better saying things like 87 pencils in the lines and pouts when he isn’t playing with his chosen linemates, despite never having a lick of proof of that ever occurring.

I realize that fans get frustrated and spout off emotionally on here sometimes, but your narratives of Crosby being a prima donna about his linemates and such are just as ridiculous.
Meh. Sid does pout a little. I love Sid and have never called him a prima donna about anything. You seem mad that people are frustrated about Sullivan’s stubbornness with lines.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Meh. Sid does pout a little. I love Sid and have never called him a prima donna about anything. You seem mad that people are frustrated about Sullivan’s stubbornness with lines.
Not mad at all about it. I’ve been over Sullivan for at least 3 years so…try again?

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006

Corey has Malkin as the third best player on the ice this game.

Maybe? I don’t put a lot into those “stats” though. A lot of those statistics only as good as the people who are compiling and publishing them. There’s a lot of room for their interpretation of game events to be flat out wrong.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Not mad at all about it. I’ve been over Sullivan for at least 3 years so…try again?
It doesn't matter to me. The stars aren't perfect and Sid isn't above some bad body language when he doesn't get what he wants. Neither is Geno for that matter. If you think that's a 'narrative' not sure what to tell you. GCR is the only line on this team that keeps getting put back together no matter what, and is almost always at the expense of Malkin's line and in my opinion what is best for the team. I can appreciate both stars while accepting that. It has hurt the team in the past and will again if they don't find a combo that works for L2. Hopefully this playoff isn't year four of it.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
It doesn't matter to me. The stars aren't perfect and Sid isn't above some bad body language when he doesn't get what he wants. Neither is Geno for that matter. If you think that's a 'narrative' not sure what to tell you. GCR is the only line on this team that keeps getting put back together no matter what, and is almost always at the expense of Malkin's line and in my opinion what is best for the team. I can appreciate both stars while accepting that. It has hurt the team in the past and will again if they don't find a combo that works for L2. Hopefully this playoff isn't year four of it.
Right. So blame the coaching staff and not the players. I want to see Rakell with 87. I just think he plays a game that would mesh well with Sid. But it will never happen. I don’t blame Geno for that. I blame the coach for not trying it beyond 5 shifts.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Right. So blame the coaching staff and not the players. I want to see Rakell with 87. I just think he plays a game that would mesh well with Sid. But it will never happen. I don’t blame Geno for that. I blame the coach for not trying it beyond 5 shifts.
I think it's foolish to think that Sidney Crosby doesn't have a say in who his linemates are. He's top 5 all time. Players aren't always right. I have never not had issue with Sullivan's stubbornness to keep GCR, but I don't think it's all him. We'll have to hope Zucker works on L2 because GCR will never be broken up

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I think it's foolish to think that Sidney Crosby doesn't have a say in who his linemates are. He's top 5 all time. Players aren't always right. I have never not had issue with Sullivan's stubbornness to keep GCR, but I don't think it's all him. We'll have to hope Zucker works on L2 because GCR will never be broken up

If we have a coach who doesn't have the balls to put out the lines he wants, I think that's the real problem. I don't think we have to worry about Crosby demanding a trade or something if he only gets Guentzel and not Rust too. Either that's what Sullivan wants, or he's not taking charge the way he should be.

P.S. remember the whole duos concept Sully had? What happened to that? Who is Geno's guy right now? Is it supposed to be Carter? :wally:

Reactions: Andy99

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I cannot but agree with you, that these raw stats by themselves are not acceptable.

Lets consider it noted that you don't believe he should be extended (at any price, I suppose), but I assume as a fan of the team you would also prefer to see the Penguins win rather than lose in the post-season.
Rather than quibbling about "reasons" or "excuses" for 71 - extensively addressed in many other posts - I will therefore ask you this:

How do YOU think Malkin should be deployed for the rest of this season?
Ie. the last 10 games and whatever kind of playoff run might occur? Who do you think are the best line-mate fits to make him give the most possible value to the team, of course relative to where those assets might otherwise be put to use?

Just curious.
So, confidential to @ronduguayshair
Do you have an answer?

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I’ll never agree with you that Sidney Crosby picks the lines. I’ll argue with you every time I see you post that he does.

* Just to add, I think it’s ludicrous that you think Sidney Crosby could somehow escape being an asshole to his teammates in this day and age. Hundreds of teammates over the years and not a bad word about him from anyone. Everyone in the game says he’s the consummate professional and class guy.

But you say he wines and picks his linemates at the detriment of the team. Lol.

Last edited:

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Corey is one of the best hockey minds in the game right now and those “stats” are his eye test.
Cool. That means nothing to me.

I watched a game where Chris Kunitz gave the puck away 5 times in his first shift of the 1st period of a game. The rest of the game didn’t get much better for him.

At the end of the game, he ended up being credited with 2 takeaways and 0 giveaways.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Why are the Pens facing NYR? I figured they were facing Carolina. 2nd vs 7th seed. Both CAR and NYR are in the same division as the Pens. Sorry for being stupid!

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Cool. That means nothing to me.

I watched a game where Chris Kunitz gave the puck away 5 times in his first shift of the 1st period of a game. The rest of the game didn’t get much better for him.

At the end of the game, he ended up being credited with 2 takeaways and 0 giveaways.

Corey has consulted with NHL, OHL, and USHL teams tracking data. You’re basically proving why you should appreciate his work based on your last sentence.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Corey has consulted with NHL, OHL, and USHL teams tracking data. You’re basically proving why you should appreciate his work based on your last sentence.
I dont care about consultants either. Lol. I’ll watch the game myself and come up with my own notions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad