Friedman: “Lots of expectation St. Louis will be an aggressive trade partner”

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Tavares is definitely plan A, but probably won't happen.

We are in decent shape cap wise, but our cap casualty types should be available even if we don't land Tavares. JBo, Gunnar, Sobotka, and Berglund.

I feel like the Canucks can be kingmakers in the Tavares sweepstakes. We have room for pure cap dumps (on short term deals) and hybrid cap dumps (longer term contract, serviceable players). Berglund would be the latter and J Bo maybe the former.

Reactions: The Note in Ky

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Personally, I still pass, but many of my fellow Blues fans on our sub forum would do this in a heartbeat. I think a few Leaf fans might not like your proposal. :)
Well they'd be the unreasonable ones that wouldn't trade Nylander for anything less than McDavid.

The value is definitely fair, in fact, I would do it in a heart beat. Most of the people on these forums don't end up thinking about the long run.

With Paraykos 5.5m cap hit, it gives us a lot of cap room to re-sign JVR. And to be quite honest, JVR serves a more unique role than Nylander. It'd be harder to replace.

On the +, freeing up the cap space from zaitsev literally takes away any potential cap issues. I wouldn't think longer than a second if STL offered that proposal.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
I'd rather just wait on Lil and Rasanen, who has Parayko potential. Its not like we don't have a Num 1 d man.Kadri is a 30 goal shutdown center which is very valuable.Marner has franchise potential, nylander is a num 1 center playing wing as he learns how to babcock.I like Colton a lot but its not something i want to do.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Wow Your like a Lil kid. I'd thomas and kyrou are over rated then why did your entire fanbase, media, bloggers, and sports analyst all gushed over the two.

Give it up, it got old a long time ago. Not to mention it's revisionist and flat out wrong. You have no idea what the Habs' "entire fanbase" thinks. You don't even know what Montreal media, bloggers and sports analysts are saying and who cares really, it doesn't impact what happens in your market. Thomas and Kyrou are not overrated but what truly is overrated is the type of foaming-at-the-mouth imagined desperation you seem all too pleased to revel in.

Why don't we get back on topic as to which teams are likely to be trading partners for the Blues. I'm hoping like you, that the Habs are not involved.

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Zbad is the only player signed longer than Lundqvist and Staal. Shatty and Smith’s deals end the same year as Lundqvist.

All three of those guys signed the same year. I think Gorton plans on holding on to Mika.

We are starting a rebuild which will take 3 to 5 yrs , Zib is 26 now . We could get a very good pick and prospect for him that will help us in that time period.

RalphyDanger

"Where's the Hustle Boys!"
Nov 1, 2010
We are starting a rebuild which will take 3 to 5 yrs , Zib is 26 now . We could get a very good pick and prospect for him that will help us in that time period.

I’d rather keep Zib. He’s a good player, on a pretty good deal. We can’t have a team full of guys on their ELCs.

He’ll still be a good contributor on the team in 3-5 years. Nobody has any idea what a pick and a prospect could turn into in that time period. I understand the excitement that a pick could become a superstar, but the likelyhood is that they won’t be as good as Zbad. Plus for once the Rangers already have plenty of picks.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Give it up, it got old a long time ago. Not to mention it's revisionist and flat out wrong. You have no idea what the Habs' "entire fanbase" thinks. You don't even know what Montreal media, bloggers and sports analysts are saying and who cares really, it doesn't impact what happens in your market. Thomas and Kyrou are not overrated but what truly is overrated is the type of foaming-at-the-mouth imagined desperation you seem all too pleased to revel in.

Why don't we get back on topic as to which teams are likely to be trading partners for the Blues. I'm hoping like you, that the Habs are not involved.
Wow I posted that like several days ago so why do t you let it die. Obviously you wanted to continue the agrument. Fyi what I stated was a fact. There are about a dozen or so articles I could produce for to prove it.

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
I’d rather keep Zib. He’s a good player, on a pretty good deal. We can’t have a team full of guys on their ELCs.

He’ll still be a good contributor on the team in 3-5 years. Nobody has any idea what a pick and a prospect could turn into in that time period. I understand the excitement that a pick could become a superstar, but the likelyhood is that they won’t be as good as Zbad. Plus for once the Rangers already have plenty of picks.

The picks do not have to be for 2018

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Wow I posted that like several days ago so why do t you let it die. Obviously you wanted to continue the agrument. Fyi what I stated was a fact. There are about a dozen or so articles I could produce for to prove it.

Wow. Am I supposed to keep a schedule? Excuuuuuuse me for not checking this thread every day. I'm not a Blues fan, so why should I?

I don't know when you posted it and I don't care. I read through the thread and what a surprise, you coming back with this again. Let it go already.

Again, you have no idea what's going on in the Habs' market, nor do you really care. I'm fully plugged in and there are a ton of sources, several influential shows and sources that you are not privy to. You have it dead wrong, your articles are not painting the whole picture and are probably just baseless rumors and that's hardly surprising. Unlike St-Louis, the Habs represent the only major pro sports in Montreal. We have blanket coverage every day of the year, open line shows where callers are arguing about 4th liners in the middle of summer. And that doesn't include all the bloggers who make up dumb shit just to get noticed. It's so saturated that getting attention is a struggle and several of them will resort to fake rumors just to stay afloat. It's far too easy for someone like you, on the outside looking in, to definitively tell the difference between fact and fiction.

Whoever came up with Thomas and/or Kyrou rumors doesn't at all represent where the Habs market has been at. The Blues are not a primary trading partner for the Habs, nor are Thomas and Kyrou trade targets, in all of the shows and sources I consult daily. I'm one of the best informed posters when it comes to Hab news and rumors only because I take the time to listen and watch every media source and read everything that matters. Please don't come in here lecturing me about your "facts" -- you are not well-informed enough to know what's really going on in Montreal.

There are speculations and wishful thinking in any sports market, however having a multiplicity of sources doesn't necessarily establish credence, it all depends who they are and what the context may be. You continuing to beat the same drum so many weeks later is nothing more than creating a theory to fit a preconceived notion.

I just want to make it clear once and for all:
  • The Blues and Habs are not a match in terms of trade, they both have needs that the other can't fill.
  • Thomas and Kyrou are great assets but Thomas in particular, is obviously a better fit for the Blues given their needs at center. Kyrou as a RW would not be a need for the Habs, wingers are all they seem to be able to draft.
  • I have already mentioned in previous posts that there have been Hab posters who have made fools of themselves in this forum. They don't represent the Habs' posting base or Hab fans at large. They are solely responsible for their dumb droppings. Don't put us all in the same boat.
  • Our GM is an idiot and it is preferable that he doesn't deal with the Blues, he'd get fleeced. So it's to our advantage if our lame duck GM is not trading.
  • There have been no recent, authoritative Habs sources indicating that Thomas or Kyrou are being sought by the Habs. Of course, it never precludes discussions going on behind the scenes, however for the purpose of this post, we're dealing with published sources, since that's the crux of your contention.
I have no interest in continuing the "agrument". Only to have you stop spewing this stuff as you have done in other threads already. For the record, you are the one who is continuing this since you are the one who felt compelled to bring it up in this thread, when your same theories had already been debunked in a prior thread. If you really have no interest in pursuing it then let it go and don't bring it up again.

Looking forward to reading about potential Blues trades.

Last edited:

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago
Reactions: Colt55 and Heretic

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Im sure plenty of STL fans will think they could get more, any perhaps they can, but Parayko for O'Reilly really wouldn't be that bad of a deal.
Sorry but your wrong. We have schenn that's our 1c we can figure out short term stop gap till thomas can take the reigns we can not replace parayko. Getting. A#1 rhd is impossible parayko may be a #2 d but he is just not replaceable at the moment so no we keep parayko you keep statsny 2.0

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Sorry but your wrong. We have schenn that's our 1c we can figure out short term stop gap till thomas can take the reigns we can not replace parayko. Getting. A#1 rhd is impossible parayko may be a #2 d but he is just not replaceable at the moment so no we keep parayko you keep statsny 2.0

Schenn shouldn't be a number 1c.
Ror is better than statsny.
Blues still shouldn't do that trade even if you like a hyperbole.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Schenn shouldn't be a number 1c.
Ror is better than statsny.
Blues still shouldn't do that trade even if you like a hyperbole.
I'm sorry schenn hit 70pts played awesome as the 1c he performed perfectly, better than expected. So please explain why he shouldn't be 1c....

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I'm sorry schenn hit 70pts played awesome as the 1c he performed perfectly, better than expected. So please explain why he shouldn't be 1c....

Because if your aim is to win in the playoffs and set him beside 15 other 1cs he'd be at the bottom end. Hes a damn good player and one I'd want on my team. He's not a 1c on a cup winning team. No disrespect intended. That's just the way the nhl works. He's not great at creating offense or playing defense. Some playoff teams have 2cs better than him...is what it is. He's a solid 2C and a great player.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Because if your aim is to win in the playoffs and set him beside 15 other 1cs he'd be at the bottom end. Hes a damn good player and one I'd want on my team. He's not a 1c on a cup winning team. No disrespect intended. That's just the way the nhl works. He's not great at creating offense or playing defense. Some playoff teams have 2cs better than him...is what it is. He's a solid 2C and a great player.
Your assessment is a joke. He performed better than any center we have had since turgeon. He performed better than statsny who put up similar numbers to orielly did at his age when we got him from aves. Fyi schenn performed better than ROR did and the top 15 centers are unavailable except for taveres whom the blues will be courting. So take your ror and pawn him on someone else

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Respect his love of the team but that guy overvalues the crap out of our players.

Blues need another C. There’s lots of uncertainty of how Armstrong gets it. Doubt he views Colton as 100% untouchable but I know it would take a haul to get him. He acquired a 1st at the deadline for offseason flexiblility and we have a ton of good prospects that won’t all crack the lineup. If I had to bet I would guess those along with Sobotka will be what he’ll be trying to push. Not saying that lands ROR. Not saying Parayko is off the table but it’s very unlikely because of the hole it would cause at RD. ROR alone doesn’t help that. Just a warning to all but people who ask for Parayko are unlikely to receive a lot of approvals from the stl fan base. Someone will have to overpay or take a short term loss. Majority on this site won’t be able to accept that.

Last edited:
Reactions: stl76 and DJN21

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Your assessment is a joke. He performed better than any center we have had since turgeon. He performed better than statsny who put up similar numbers to orielly did at his age when we got him from aves. Fyi schenn performed better than ROR did and the top 15 centers are unavailable except for taveres whom the blues will be courting. So take your ror and pawn him on someone else

I don't want to trade ror.
I suggested trading parayko for ror would be a mistake for your team.

You didn't address anything I said and basically made up an nonexistent response to a trade I never proposed lol. You said my assessment was garbage but made no attempt to back it up based on what I said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
^Respect his love of the team but the guy overvalues the crap out of our players.

Blues need another C. There’s lots of uncertainty of how Armstrong gets it. Doubt he views Colton as 100% untouchable but I know it would take a haul to get him. He acquired a 1st at the deadline for offseason flexiblility and we have a ton of good prospects that won’t all crack the lineup. If I had to bet I would guess those along with Sobotka will be what he’ll be trying to push. Not saying Parayko is off the table but it’s very unlikely because of the hole it would cause at RD. ROR alone doesn’t help that. Just a warning to all but people who ask for Parayko are unlikely to receive a lot of approvals from the stl fan base. Someone will have to overpay or take a short term loss. Majority on this site won’t be able to accept that.

Absolutely. I'm a sabres fan saying the blues would be stupid to do parayko for ror. It plugs one hole while gauging another huge one.

On top of that the blues imo which doesn't mean much need a dynamic offensive 1c to bring the most out of tank and their youngsters. Ror would be a luxury not a necessity for them. They should go all in on Tavares he's the better fit. Cheers.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I don't want to trade ror.
I suggested trading parayko for ror would be a mistake for your team.

You didn't address anything I said and basically made up an nonexistent response to a trade I never proposed lol. You said my assessment was garbage but made no attempt to back it up based on what I said.
Schenn put up better numbers as a 1C then ror put up as 2c. But hey your the one who said schenn shouldn't be 2c so why don't you explain yourself or zip it

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad