Friedman: “Lots of expectation St. Louis will be an aggressive trade partner”

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Schenn put up better numbers as a 1C then ror put up as 2c. But hey your the one who said schenn shouldn't be 2c so why don't you explain yourself or zip it

I said schenn SHOULD be a 2c...not shouldn't get some sleep champ.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Wow. Am I supposed to keep a schedule? Excuuuuuuse me for not checking this thread every day. I'm not a Blues fan, so why should I?

I don't know when you posted it and I don't care. I read through the thread and what a surprise, you coming back with this again. Let it go already.

Again, you have no idea what's going on in the Habs' market, nor do you really care. I'm fully plugged in and there are a ton of sources, several influential shows and sources that you are not privy to. You have it dead wrong, your articles are not painting the whole picture and are probably just baseless rumors and that's hardly surprising. Unlike St-Louis, the Habs represent the only major pro sports in Montreal. We have blanket coverage every day of the year, open line shows where callers are arguing about 4th liners in the middle of summer. And that doesn't include all the bloggers who make up dumb **** just to get noticed. It's so saturated that getting attention is a struggle and several of them will resort to fake rumors just to stay afloat. It's far too easy for someone like you, on the outside looking in, to definitively tell the difference between fact and fiction.

Whoever came up with Thomas and/or Kyrou rumors doesn't at all represent where the Habs market has been at. The Blues are not a primary trading partner for the Habs, nor are Thomas and Kyrou trade targets, in all of the shows and sources I consult daily. I'm one of the best informed posters when it comes to Hab news and rumors only because I take the time to listen and watch every media source and read everything that matters. Please don't come in here lecturing me about your "facts" -- you are not well-informed enough to know what's really going on in Montreal.

There are speculations and wishful thinking in any sports market, however having a multiplicity of sources doesn't necessarily establish credence, it all depends who they are and what the context may be. You continuing to beat the same drum so many weeks later is nothing more than creating a theory to fit a preconceived notion.

I just want to make it clear once and for all:
  • The Blues and Habs are not a match in terms of trade, they both have needs that the other can't fill.
  • Thomas and Kyrou are great assets but Thomas in particular, is obviously a better fit for the Blues given their needs at center. Kyrou as a RW would not be a need for the Habs, wingers are all they seem to be able to draft.
  • I have already mentioned in previous posts that there have been Hab posters who have made fools of themselves in this forum. They don't represent the Habs' posting base or Hab fans at large. They are solely responsible for their dumb droppings. Don't put us all in the same boat.
  • Our GM is an idiot and it is preferable that he doesn't deal with the Blues, he'd get fleeced. So it's to our advantage if our lame duck GM is not trading.
  • There have been no recent, authoritative Habs sources indicating that Thomas or Kyrou are being sought by the Habs. Of course, it never precludes discussions going on behind the scenes, however for the purpose of this post, we're dealing with published sources, since that's the crux of your contention.
I have no interest in continuing the "agrument". Only to have you stop spewing this stuff as you have done in other threads already. For the record, you are the one who is continuing this since you are the one who felt compelled to bring it up in this thread, when your same theories had already been debunked in a prior thread. If you have really have no interest in pursuing it then let it go and don't bring it up again.

Looking forward to reading about potential Blues trades.
Excellent post. My brother lives in Montreal, and I visit frequently, so I do have an understanding of the Montreal media. I find your posts thoughtful, informative and insightful, and I look forward to more meaningful discussion. It is a shame that a few fans on both sides are trying to create a needless animosity between Blues and Habs fans here on HF.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Is Parayko actually available?
He struggled this season, although his numbers are still decent, and some Blues fans are more amenable to trading him now. He has been thrust in to the #2 RD slot since Shattenkirk left, and has had to shoulder heavier defensive assignments. He has looked more hesitant than in previous seasons, especially offensively. Having said that, I seriously doubt the Blues brass would consider moving him, and he is definitely not being shopped. Some fans are disappointed in his recent play and are more wiling to discuss trades involving him.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Sorry but your wrong. We have schenn that's our 1c we can figure out short term stop gap till thomas can take the reigns we can not replace parayko. Getting. A#1 rhd is impossible parayko may be a #2 d but he is just not replaceable at the moment so no we keep parayko you keep statsny 2.0
ROR is not "Stastny 2.0". The two are similar as in they both play a defensive game, and tend to be playmakers rather than shooters. ROR is a legit #1C, he is a much, much better player than Stastny.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
He struggled this season, although his numbers are still decent, and some Blues fans are more amenable to trading him now. He has been thrust in to the #2 RD slot since Shattenkirk left, and has had to shoulder heavier defensive assignments. He has looked more hesitant than in previous seasons, especially offensively. Having said that, I seriously doubt the Blues brass would consider moving him, and he is definitely not being shopped. Some fans are disappointed in his recent play and are more wiling to discuss trades involving him.

He really only looked bad for a small stretch of games which happened to be late in the year, like 3 games sadly it's what's on people's minds right now

Reactions: stl76

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
ROR is a legit #1C, he is a much, much better player than Stastny.

Depends on your definition of #1c is. If you are one of those that believes their is exactly 31(not 30 or 32) #1 centers then yes he is. Now if you feel like there is an elite group of 10-20 guys you would label a #1C then no he isn't.

My 2 cents with St Louis is they need one of those later type #1cs

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
ROR is not "Stastny 2.0". The two are similar as in they both play a defensive game, and tend to be playmakers rather than shooters. ROR is a legit #1C, he is a much, much better player than Stastny.

I mean you can also say that Stastny was a 1C before he came here as well, but nonetheless ROR is a better play than Stastny right now

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
If you compare there numbers when statsny went ufa from avalanChe to ror now not only do they match up age wise but there stats are very similar. If you remember statsny was suppose to be the guy and never panned out. That's why I throw our the stats 2.0 jab. I'm very worried to create a giant hole in our defense to get someone so siMilan to statsny. Also with Schenn performance I would rather take a stab at jt, if we don't get him then sign statsny as stop hap till robert thomas is ready. Thomas has some talent, tore up ohl, tore up wjc and is now tearing up ohl playoffs.

bluemike

Nov 2, 2005
The Winnipeg 1st alone ought to be enough for Hoffman if the Blues are going that route. No need to include Kyrou, Fabbri, or anybody else.
Hoffman is a nice player but not a game changer.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Pretty sure it would take more then just O'Reilly to get Parayko out of St Louis.

You didnt hear CP55 has the worst QOC on the team, (besides bortuzzo) so he is automatically not a top pairing dman on the team and we would need a significant add to get ROR.

Its still funny how much HF tries to make the players they want seem less valuable than they actually are LOL.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
The Winnipeg 1st alone ought to be enough for Hoffman if the Blues are going that route. No need to include Kyrou, Fabbri, or anybody else.
I have to disagree with the 1st round pick being enough.
I will agree under no circumstances do we trade Thomas, Kyrou or Fabbri for 2 years of hoffman. Fabbri could be that 25-30 goal 55-60 point Left winger if he returns healthy. Thomas will be the young stud 3/2 c center we need in years to come and Kyrou has that possibility to be the 2rw we really need. Left wingers are just not a team need.
Our positional Need from most important to least
(1)Centers (2)Rw, (3)Rhd, (4/5)Lhd (4/5)G (6)LW.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO

I mean a late first alone isn’t going to be enough to get you a guy who’s good for ~25G/60 points and signed for 2 more years.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
This will be year #2 in the Blues retool. I suspect that Army will be aggressive in trading away some of the veteran talent that isn't part of the solution going forward and to keep his powder dry in terms of bringing in big name talent. Sure, they'll take a run at JT, but I think most here realize that the Blues have better odds at winning the lottery this year than getting JT. I suspect you'll see one or maybe two of the kids make it out of camp, while some of the others will get short tryouts throughout the season. I look for them to be aggressive at moving JBo, Gunnerson, Sobotka, Berglund, and Thorburn at various times of the season, especially at the TDL to free up space for the youth as they are ready. Husso may be the backup, which could be a bit of a wildcard as he has zero games at the NHL level. Hopefully they keep their 1st round pick for next year as I wouldn't be shocked if it was a top 5 pick. The Central is tough and getting tougher. The Blues and the Blackhawks rode the wave for a while, but now the rest of the division has caught and passed them. Now it is there turn to take their lumps from the other teams and set their sights on being competitive in 2019-2020 again if they do it right and don't make any knee jerk reactions.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I mean a late first alone isn’t going to be enough to get you a guy who’s good for ~25G/60 points and signed for 2 more years.
I agree with that 100%. He is worth more than a 1st but at this point his chemistry with Matty D he is worth more to OTT than what his street value is currently

bluemike

Nov 2, 2005

Any first ought to be enough to land a player who is short of a 30-goal scorer. If not, then we move on to someone else.

bluemike

Nov 2, 2005
This will be year #2 in the Blues retool. I suspect that Army will be aggressive in trading away some of the veteran talent that isn't part of the solution going forward and to keep his powder dry in terms of bringing in big name talent. Sure, they'll take a run at JT, but I think most here realize that the Blues have better odds at winning the lottery this year than getting JT.

The Blues have a 1.5% chance of winning the draft lottery. I would at least HOPE the chances they sign Tavares are higher than that.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I'd prefer both Dahlin and Tavares.
If that happens I wouldn't know how to react. Never had anything great like that ever happen as a blues fan. There always seems to be some huge catch or unlucky ending to every story, like EJ, pronger, shannahan, gilmour ect. There was always a darks pot that followed

Reactions: wafflepadsave

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Schenn put up better numbers as a 1C then ror put up as 2c. But hey your the one who said schenn shouldn't be 2c so why don't you explain yourself or zip it
It's all well and good that Schenn put up better numbers than ROR last season, but if you watch actual games, instead of just stats, you will see a couple things...like how much defensive responsibility ROR shoulders and how well he does in that role. Look at how much time Schenn plays on the PK vs ROR. Look at their 5v5 TOI%QoC. Look at their zone start ratios.

Schenn did well for 1 season in an offensive role with great line mates. ROR has done well for years while playing very difficult minutes without a lot of help. Simply labeling Schenn a 1C and ROR a 2C because he plays on team with Eichel is disingenuous at best. In order to accurately compare the 2 players, it is CRUCIAL to understand the difference in their usage. They're both great players, there is no need to pump Schenn's tires.

Why should the poster you're quoting explain himself or zip it? What the hell kind of way is that to have a conversation? Why be rude like that? Comments like these just create animosity and stifle interesting discourse. Please stop.

Is Parayko actually available?
No, not really.

Excellent post. My brother lives in Montreal, and I visit frequently, so I do have an understanding of the Montreal media. I find your posts thoughtful, informative and insightful, and I look forward to more meaningful discussion. It is a shame that a few fans on both sides are trying to create a needless animosity between Blues and Habs fans here on HF.
Well said. :cheers:

Ha, tell that to Dorian/Melnyck!

Reactions: Dbrownss

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
It's all well and good that Schenn put up better numbers than ROR last season, but if you watch actual games, instead of just stats, you will see a couple things...like how much defensive responsibility ROR shoulders and how well he does in that role. Look at how much time Schenn plays on the PK vs ROR. Look at their 5v5 TOI%QoC. Look at their zone start ratios.

Schenn did well for 1 season in an offensive role with great line mates. ROR has done well for years while playing very difficult minutes without a lot of help. Simply labeling Schenn a 1C and ROR a 2C because he plays on team with Eichel is disingenuous at best. In order to accurately compare the 2 players, it is CRUCIAL to understand the difference in their usage. They're both great players, there is no need to pump Schenn's tires.

Why should the poster you're quoting explain himself or zip it? What the hell kind of way is that to have a conversation? Why be rude like that? Comments like these just create animosity and stifle interesting discourse. Please stop.
I get it you want to be friendly with everyone. You act like im walking around just saying hey schenn is the greatest. This guy is saying that schenn is not a 1c. I never said that ror wasnt. I said that Schenn out performed stats wise then ROR and performed very well in the 1c role and asked him and several others to explain why they think schenn is not a #1c and why ror was.

They never show facts or stats or explain themselves just that he isnt good. Thats why i told him to zip it. If your going to say someone isnt something then make a case if not drop it.

can you honestly say that Scheen did not exceede your expectations, with that said moving forward we should finds a stop gap 2c till thomas is ready. No sense in trading parayko and creating another hole we cant fill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad