Friedman: “Lots of expectation St. Louis will be an aggressive trade partner”

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
How do Blues fans value Berglund/Sobotka? Any interest in pairing one of them with Schmaltz for a younger cheaper RW?

member 157595

I still think Nylander for Parayko is a good fit for both clubs. Just a straight, 1 for 1 deal. Two young guys with high end talent and ability.

If that were possible and the Leafs turned that down I'd be livid.

I think St. Louis keeps Parayko unless Edmonton goes full YOLO and offers Draisaitl, and I don't see that happening.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I'd do it, though it sounds like Brown is one of those guys management wouldn't move
With either of Berglund/Sobotka? And would you be willing to add or is that the "fair" point?

The way I see it the on ice value is very comparable between Brown and your guys, but you're overloaded on the left, us on the right. Schmaltz (+ any other add if you'd add) compensate for your cap savings and Brown's extra years of control.

I agree that he's a hard guy to move. But I see Hyman has a guy that really should be on the right, and long term (short term too really) Brown isn't going to come out ahead of Marner/Hyman/Kapanen. so it comes down to Luxury 4RW vs. great 3 LW(with C experience to mentor/support Willy) + solid reclamation RHD

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
With either of Berglund/Sobotka? And would you be willing to add or is that the "fair" point?

The way I see it the on ice value is very comparable between Brown and your guys, but you're overloaded on the left, us on the right. Schmaltz (+ any other add if you'd add) compensate for your cap savings and Brown's extra years of control.

I agree that he's a hard guy to move. But I see Hyman has a guy that really should be on the right, and long term (short term too really) Brown isn't going to come out ahead of Marner/Hyman/Kapanen. so it comes down to Luxury 4RW vs. great 3 LW(with C experience to mentor/support Willy) + solid reclamation RHD
Brown doesn't have extra years of control compared to Berglund. Any cap savings are made up by Berglund being more productive and the fact he has played the majority of his career at centre. Don't see any reason the Blues would be adding Schmaltz in that deal, nevermind another plus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->