Friedman: “Lots of expectation St. Louis will be an aggressive trade partner”

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Is Parayko actually available?
Not really. I expect that when Doug Armstrong is contacting other GMs this summer about the availability of players he would like to acquire, there may be some players he is calling on where the other GM bringing up Parayko as a return won't immediately shut the conversation down, but he's not going to be available unless a pretty special young player (almost certainly a C) is coming back the other way. Parayko is almost certainly not being "shopped."

Reactions: BA Carroll

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I get it you want to be friendly with everyone. You act like im walking around just saying hey schenn is the greatest. This guy is saying that schenn is not a 1c. I never said that ror wasnt. I said that Schenn out performed stats wise then ROR and performed very well in the 1c role and asked him and several others to explain why they think schenn is not a #1c and why ror was.

They never show facts or stats or explain themselves just that he isnt good. Thats why i told him to zip it. If your going to say someone isnt something then make a case if not drop it.

can you honestly say that Scheen did not exceede your expectations, with that said moving forward we should finds a stop gap 2c till thomas is ready. No sense in trading parayko and creating another hole we cant fill.
The guy never once said Schenn is not a 1C. He said Schenn should not be a 1C on a Stanley Cup contender, which is a very different statement...and for the record, he's not really wrong. You've called ROR a 2C several times, obviously implying that he is not a 1C.

You are blind if you think the poster you quoted has not explained himself, he has.

I have said many times that I wouldn't trade Parayko, and this is not about how Schenn performed relative to my expectations. This is about you turning every conversation you take part in into flamefest. Have you had a single discussion with other fanbases that did not turn into petty insults and bickering? Because I haven't seen it yet...

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
The guy never once said Schenn is not a 1C. He said Schenn should not be a 1C on a Stanley Cup contender, which is a very different statement...and for the record, he's not really wrong. You've called ROR a 2C several times, obviously implying that he is not a 1C.

You are blind if you think the poster you quoted has not explained himself, he has.

I have said many times that I wouldn't trade Parayko, and this is not about how Schenn performed relative to my expectations. This is about you turning every conversation you take part in into flamefest. Have you had a single discussion with other fanbases that did not turn into petty insults and bickering? Because I haven't seen it yet...
Oh I have.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Corey perry for equal salary and less term? Maybe bouwmeester? Corey perry is actually still a decent scoring forward, slow as mudd, but would play in top 6.

Ducks may need a veteran d-man but more importantly they need to move an aging forward to make room for some young blood.

I don’t know how done bouwmeester is but he is included to a be our token vet/balance salary.

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If Boston wants to retain 50% I'd be happy to have Backes again. At 6M though...

Yeah Boston is better off moving him after next season. His NMC goes to a limited NTC and his real salary falls to 4 million (he is actually making 8 million in real dollars this year!). The nature or the front loading and when the trade protections lessen certainly makes it look like the Bruins were trying to make it as easy as possible to get our from under the last two seasons when they signed the deal.

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago
Yeah Boston is better off moving him after next season. His NMC goes to a limited NTC and his real salary falls to 4 million (he is actually making 8 million in real dollars this year!). The nature or the front loading and when the trade protections lessen certainly makes it look like the Bruins were trying to make it as easy as possible to get our from under the last two seasons when they signed the deal.

Yeah I think they were just being realistic about his longevity. Nobody thought Backes was going to be a 6M player in years 4-5. But that's what it took to get him out of St. Louis. It's the nature of free agency.

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago
Corey perry for equal salary and less term? Maybe bouwmeester? Corey perry is actually still a decent scoring forward, slow as mudd, but would play in top 6.

Ducks may need a veteran d-man but more importantly they need to move an aging forward to make room for some young blood.

I don’t know how done bouwmeester is but he is included to a be our token vet/balance salary.

Only way Blues are taking Perry is with retention. They need that cap space for #1/2 C, not a #2 RW. (They DO need a #2 RW, but not one that costs 8.6M.)

Bouw is still a respectable Top 4 when healthy, but he'll be coming off of hip surgery. Hard to figure how he's going to be on the ice.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111

That cap hit for Perry is a boat anchor on the deal. No way can the Blue afford to tie that much cap on what could end up a #3RW if Kyrou pans out. He's better off going to a team that needs to make the cap floor while getting value out of the position.

Plus JBo is done after this year's contract.

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014
Be a bit of a gamble due to his hip injury, but a piece we could use.... O'Reilly and Bogosian (half his salary retained if he plays, full salary otherwise) for Parayko. Parayko is younger.
The only player I deal Parayko for, realistically speaking, is Draisatl.

Reactions: Colt55

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
The only player I deal Parayko for, realistically speaking, is Draisatl.

If we end up dealing Kessel and the Blues acquire Tavares - would you not work a deal around Kessel?

Kessel/Tavares/Tarasenko power play is quite a thought.

Perhaps a Kessel+Defensemen for Parayko+Forward with or without draft picks depending on production and salary implications from either side.

Neither side is in a hurry to deal either player, but the Pens and Blues each need defense/scoring respectively. Sorta like the Pens and Preds situation.

Kolzilla

May 20, 2015
Not necessarily. If we take Grubauer off the market, there are no more mid-20s potential starters available. A lot of teams are looking for their long-term solution at goal. Arizona took Raanta off market. If we grab Grubauer, NYI and Buffalo (and potentially Philly/Carolina) would still be looking. I'd bet NYI and Sabres would both be willing to take a gamble on Allen. The only other solutions available are 30+ year-old platoons/career back-ups like Lehtonen, Mason Bermier, Khudobin, Ward, etc.

I could see a scenario where Grubauer goes to STL, then Allen goes to the metro division. I think WSH are fine with that scenario.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Yep, but we are in a tough spot for who would reasonably be available and what their value is.

We aren't going to be aggressive sellers, so don't make this into one of those ridiculous threads.
Blues are going to be aggressive and the Oilers need to add an "ingredient"

Can we just get this Draisaitl/Parayko deal over with already

Reactions: BA Carroll

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014
If we end up dealing Kessel and the Blues acquire Tavares - would you not work a deal around Kessel?

Kessel/Tavares/Tarasenko power play is quite a thought.

Perhaps a Kessel+Defensemen for Parayko+Forward with or without draft picks depending on production and salary implications from either side.

Neither side is in a hurry to deal either player, but the Pens and Blues each need defense/scoring respectively. Sorta like the Pens and Preds situation.
Many Blues fans would jump at that opportunity. on paper, I agree it is a good fit. Personally, you could not give me Kessel for free. Don't want him on my favorite team. I've acknowledged more than once that my dislike for him is not rational. it doesn't have to be. I admit he is a great player, but I couldn't despise him more if he banged my sister and shot my dog, or vice versa.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
I still think Nylander for Parayko is a good fit for both clubs. Just a straight, 1 for 1 deal. Two young guys with high end talent and ability.
Defenseman with Parayko's contract/age & talent are traditionally valued higher than young productive wingers by NHL general managers.

STL can't afford to move Parayko unless a young game changing forward comes back.

It would be easier to find or at least replicate offensive production, similar to Nylander, than it would be to find a player that gives you a Parayko-type talent & defensive value , on the market.

Unless Marner is coming back I do not see a deal like this happening with Toronto.

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014
I cringe at what our defense would look like though.
It would necessitate a second deal, for sure. My preference would be to deal for a tough shut down guy on a cheap contract to pair with Dunn--preferably a right hand shot like Mayfield.
The left side of our defense is far deeper, but cant really get sorted out until both Bouwmeester and Gunnarsson return.
In any event, with an offense that dynamic, the defense will be more than adequate, assuming we get passable goaltending.
Admittedly, that's not a given.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I still think Nylander for Parayko is a good fit for both clubs. Just a straight, 1 for 1 deal. Two young guys with high end talent and ability.
The blues would have a hole at 2rd. They definitely don't make that trade if it's offered.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I cringe at the thought of RNH as our 1C if McDavid got hurt

Not the same at all. McDavid-RNH is your best-case 1-2 punch after the trade. Our #2 RHD currently on the depth chart would be Bortozzo or Schmaltz if we trade Parayko, and that's if everyone is healthy.

Dear god if Petro got hurt.

Reactions: Dbrownss

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->