Friedman: “Habs management has been told to rebuild and stock up on picks and prospects.”

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Washed up? Not exactly. But I wouldn't touch that contract
Fair enough, I think he has at least 4-5 strong years left. He also needs a really strong backup so he can play less.

Agreed though, hard contract to move. Still think he could put certain teams over the top.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
A team like Philly who can’t get over the hump because of their goaltending?

Price is still easily a top goalie in the league and I’m a Canucks fan.

You think he’s washed up?
I think he's 30 years old in the first year of an 8 year deal that pays him 10 million a season and coming off a .900 save percentage and 3.11 GAA season...

He probably bounces back from that season to a degree. But teams are going to want to see if that means he's a .915, .920 or .925 goaltender going forward.

Reactions: Devonator

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
Still think they should take BPA. Zadina is that.

This.

If they truly have interest in rebuilding or stocking up on picks and prospects, getting picky with position seems like a mistake. If they believe another player is better, then I'm all for them grabbing their guy. But just to draft another guy for the sake of not drafting a winger is the wrong way to go.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
I would be disappointed if they didn't try and land a big name centre (Tavares or Stastny) and take try to regroup with a healthy and balanced lineup.

That said, whatever you think of Bergevin and this current team, what would actually be pretty scary is if you have Geoff Molson backseat driving the plan/management. Either have the balls to fire Bergevin and replace him with a professional GM who has a plan you approve of, or get out of Bergevin's way and let him continue with his own plan. A rich kid fan owner calling the shots is how you get a real long term disaster.

Reactions: schnapshot

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
It would be the smart thing to do. But they are in some pain as it' near impossible to move Weber and Price without taking some garbage back.

Patches is all but gone. Maybe they'd be willing to move Chucky and Gally as well. Bergevin complety destroyed this team.
there would be takers for Weber, the return wouldn't be great though...picks and a shorter term contract going back.

Reactions: Devonator

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Considering they are not really in a position to win a Cup, why not rebuild?

Made some good tdl moves and I would continue to do so. Personally, if I was making the decisions, I would go to a team like Philly and say, give me your best package for Price.

Getting a kings ransom for Price could go a long way to a successful rebuild.
Watch Lou trade picks for Price

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
They should go crazy and try to get like 5 first rounders. Trade everybody and all those 2nd round picks.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
If they are rebuilding Weber has to be traded. Still has a good amount of value and i think many teams would be interested even without retention.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
If the Habs are going to do a real rebuild Price,Weber and Pacorietty have to be the first guys out......

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
It would be the smart thing to do. But they are in some pain as it' near impossible to move Weber and Price without taking some garbage back.

Patches is all but gone. Maybe they'd be willing to move Chucky and Gally as well. Bergevin complety destroyed this team.

Why do so many people think that Weber has no trade value? It's nonsense. Yes, there's lots of years left on his contract but the way it's structured, he most likely will not finish out. He will make 1 million per year the last 3 years. On top of that, if he retires before the end of it, the penalty will 100% be on Nashville. He has a lot more value than you think.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
So would Dubas, at the right price.

Agree, especially if we know that the new CBA will have a compliance buy out or two. I figure that Weber has another 4/5 years which is time to hopefully allow Liljegren time to develop. Issue is that MTL fans will ask for the moon and with his age, that contract and the fact that he is not exactly the fleetest of foot its not a good recipe.

Reactions: Liferleafer

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
Fair enough, I think he has at least 4-5 strong years left. He also needs a really strong backup so he can play less.

Agreed though, hard contract to move. Still think he could put certain teams over the top.
if youre making 10 million you shouldn't need a really strong backup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad