Rumor: “Everyone is fair game” in Ducks trade talks except Gibson

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sounds like they want to do hockey trades right now, to try and still make playoffs (playoff revenue likely very important to the owners).

Given that, biggest needs:

- Players who can put the biscuit in the basket
- Durable players who aren't injury prone
- Get younger, faster, cheaper
- Players who can excel in a RC environment/team

Any interest in Tatar? $4.8M for 2.5 more years. Who would you trade first... Lindholm or Fowler?

Habs needs:
- LD PMD
- Power forward type prospect.
- Futures

What about...
- Tatar
- Reilly
- Olofsson
for
- Lindholm
- 2020 1st (top 10 protection).

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
If the goal of the Ducks is to get younger and faster, it sounds like Kapanen is an ideal player. What kind of adds are we looking at if we're getting Manson back?

Kappy + 1st?

Liljegren is on the table, but not as an add to Kapanen. That would be more of a Liljegren + Brown + 2nd deal. I'm valuing Brown around a mid/late 2nd, feel free to substitute a different roster player or prospect with similar value if you prefer/disagree with my value.

Am I close, or way off?

We're always down to swap 2nds as part of the deal (we'll throw in a 4th) so that you guys can draft an extra star out of it :)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Stop saying stop and package up a deal you think fits. I get it, Lindholm and a 1st but that 1st is not going to be a top 10 pick and Tatar is a proven 20 goal top 6 talent. Habs added Reilly which softens the blow of losing Lindholm and Olofsson. I bet you know nothing about Olofsson's value

Come back with respectful replies and your idea of a trade fit. If you can't, don't reply

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Stop saying stop and package up a deal you think fits. I get it, Lindholm and a 1st but that 1st is not going to be a top 10 pick and Tatar is a proven 20 goal top 6 talent. Habs added Reilly which softens the blow of losing Lindholm and Olofsson. I bet you know nothing about Olofsson's value

Come back with respectful replies and your idea of a trade fit. If you can't, don't reply

It’s not complicated without KK were not having Lindholm

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
Does that legitimately include someone like Henrique? I mean, he was just extended not too long ago...

Cogliano was recently extended too so I doubt Henrique is safe.

The Ducks problems go beyond their offense. Their D-men are also under performing expectations this season. Read the Ducks board. Given the talent level on the team, the best course is to try to fix the problems internally and avoid the temptation to make trades today that the team will regret later.

I think our defense is due to poor pairings by RC (pairings last season worked well and this year the coaches aren't using those pairings for some reason). Playing three rookies on D including Larsson/Welinski/Mahura also does not help.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
If the goal of the Ducks is to get younger and faster, it sounds like Kapanen is an ideal player. What kind of adds are we looking at if we're getting Manson back?

Kappy + 1st?

Liljegren is on the table, but not as an add to Kapanen. That would be more of a Liljegren + Brown + 2nd deal. I'm valuing Brown around a mid/late 2nd, feel free to substitute a different roster player or prospect with similar value if you prefer/disagree with my value.

Am I close, or way off?

We're always down to swap 2nds as part of the deal (we'll throw in a 4th) so that you guys can draft an extra star out of it :)

I like Kapanen but if we trade Manson we would need a replacement.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Any interest in Tatar? $4.8M for 2.5 more years. Who would you trade first... Lindholm or Fowler?

Habs needs:
- LD PMD
- Power forward type prospect.
- Futures

What about...
- Tatar
- Reilly
- Olofsson
for
- Lindholm
- 2020 1st (top 10 protection).
What the hell...

I wouldnt do olof, rielly, tatar and your 1st for lindholm

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
would love Lindholm on the Jets... not sure what it would take, he's probably your most coveted piece and understandably the cost would be quite large.

Morrissey-Trouba
Lindholm-Buff
Kulikov-Myers

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
We’re overdue for another Ducks/Devils trade, what are your needs exactly?

We have a gaping hole at LHD, can’t imagine Lindholm is on the way out of town, but if Fowler were available i’m sure we’d be interested.

Maybe Fowler for Miles Wood & our first round pick (top 10 protected this year, unprotected next year?).

Fowler is having a bit of a down year but still has tremendous value. We could certainly add a decent prospect or a depth defender like Santini/Mueller depending on what the Ducks needs are (not well versed on this but I assumed getting younger, cheaper & faster).

Reactions: Deuce22

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I like Kapanen but if we trade Manson we would need a replacement.

That's what the 2nd rounder is for! Just draft a RHD and you're set!

Joking aside, do you mean a Manson-style player, a RHD prospect, or a top4 defenseman?

Ozhiganov could be fit into the deal if you're looking for a decent (but not great) defenseman to fill in Manson's shoes. He's been playing sheltered minutes with a good partner (Dermott) and they have outstanding numbers together. He hits a little, can make an outlet pass, and isn't lost in his own zone. We have yet to see him handle tougher assignments so I don't know how he would do plugged into the Ducks top4. Holl is a warm body RHD that you can have for free if you want, he's not particularly good IMO and is a #7/8 for us.

We don't have any RHD prospects to get excited about outside of Liljegren and he's far too valuable to be a plus for Kapanen. If the Leafs could put him in a time machine and age him up two years he's exactly the player we're hoping to have on this team. We have a couple of late 2nd round drafted RHD's in Durzi and Rasanen who we could include in the deal, but they're not replacing Manson any time soon. Again, depends on what you're looking for in a replacement. If you want Zaitsev, we're all ears :naughty:

Kapanen + 1st + Holl
Kapanen + Ozhiganov + 2nd
Kapanen + Durzi/Rasanen + 2nd

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
We’re overdue for another Ducks/Devils trade, what are your needs exactly?

We have a gaping hole at LHD, can’t imagine Lindholm is on the way out of town, but if Fowler were available i’m sure we’d be interested.

Maybe Fowler for Miles Wood & our first round pick (top 10 protected this year, unprotected next year?).

Fowler is having a bit of a down year but still has tremendous value. We could certainly add a decent prospect or a depth defender like Santini/Mueller depending on what the Ducks needs are (not well versed on this but I assumed getting younger, cheaper & faster).
I think we would need to start with someone of more value than Wood.

I like 1.60934KM Wood, but he's not the roster forward we're looking for.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Without KK were not having Lindholm it’s simple at that

KK... You mean Kotkaniemi? Yeah, that makes more sense eh. NO!

What has Lindholm done so far to have top pairing value? It's like the Habs trading Galchenyuk and trying to get 3rd OA value in return after a few years in the NHL where the true potential is revealed.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
KK... You mean Kotkaniemi? Yeah, that makes more sense eh. NO!

What has Lindholm done so far to have top pairing value? It's like the Habs trading Galchenyuk and trying to get 3rd OA value in return after a few years in the NHL where the true potential is revealed.

Lindholm is WAY better then Galchenyuk not even close

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad