Rumor: “Everyone is fair game” in Ducks trade talks except Gibson

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Are you sure you're a leafs fan? Lol that is a ridiculously good package. I'd add another significant piece from our end and I'd still feel like we robbed you
With all due respect, there's nothing that commands Matthews on the Ducks. To even start, Leafs would want:

Getzlaf
Manson/Lindholm

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
- Fowler
for
- Lehkonen
- Juulsen
- 2019 2nd

Hit me on how you don't like it Ducks fans. If you don't like it, counter something back?

- Lehkonen is a young and fast middle 6 forward.
- Juulsen is a solid top 4D potential on the RD side. Plays a physical game but don't expect more than 25 pts from him when he is in his prime. Shutdown D type.
- 2nd. I'm assuming you prefer the 1st?

How does the package fit? What are you looking for if you move Fowler? If you don't value Lehkonen's game, I think this falls through. If you do value his game as a middle 6 forward, we could have something to work with in trying to make each other happy.

Last edited:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I feel bad for all these low end guys that Ducks are trading since apparently everyone but Gibby are available lol.

Weak ass moves

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
- Fowler
for
- Lehkonen
- Juulsen
- 2019 2nd

Hit me on how you don't like it Ducks fans. If you don't like it, counter something back?

- Lehkonen is a young and fast middle 6 forward.
- Juulsen is a solid top 4D potential on the RD side. Plays a physical game but don't expect more than 25 pts from him when he is in his prime. Shutdown D type.
- 2nd. I'm assuming you prefer the 1st?

How does the package fit? What are you looking for if you move Fowler? If you don't value Lehkonen's game, I think this falls through. If you do value his game as a middle 6 forward, we could have something to work with in trying to make each other happy.
Hypothetically Detroit beats that offer with Mantha+Hronek+DETs 2019 2nd round pick. Fowler would probably come home to Detroit then waive for Montreal. Not saying that i would do this. Just saying that this is probably the asking price to bring him home.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hypothetically Detroit beats that offer with Mantha+Hronek+DETs 2019 2nd round pick. Fowler would probably come home to Detroit then waive for Montreal. Not saying that i would do this. Just saying that this is probably the asking price to bring him home.

I would agree your 3 player package trumps mine but why would the Wings make this move? Are they trading from a position of strength? No offense to the Wings but they are in rebuild mode more than the Habs. The Habs have a middle of the pack team right now with Price/Weber/Petry/Gallagher leading the youngest forward groups in the league and we also have one of the best prospect pools. Why would the Wings uses parts of the young core to go after Fowler? Explain me your situation and plan. Fowler would be a game changer for the Habs on the LD side.

- Mantha vs Lehkonen: I give the edge to Mantha but Lehkonen does things out there that don't show up on the score sheet. Habs can spare a middle 6 forward.

- Hronek vs Juulsen: It depends on what they are after. I think Juulsen provides more shutdown ability while Hronek has more offensive ability. Don't underestimate Juulsen's physical game. Habs can spare a RD asset.

- 2nd vs 2nd: Edge to the Wings.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Everyone quoting 4 team no trade list is funny because we've had this discussion on our board and our beat writer confirmed that it's a 4 team NO TRADE as in, he submits a list of 4 teams he cannot accept a trade to. Capgeek is apparently not correct.

It is NOT only a 4 team trade list.

I take it you are referring to this:

Fowler’s contract contains a limited no-trade clause, with four unknown teams believed to be on it.

Ducks lock up Cam Fowler for eight years, sign goalie Ryan Miller – Orange County Register

Stephens is just one guy saying this. Every other source is saying something else.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Only one of Nylander and Kapanen are going, I put Nylander in the trade for Lindholm because he is more valuable than Kap going forward IMO potential wise. No need for the picks on the Ducks end either. If Nylander is traded for D then we can afford Kap

Nylander
Lilejegren
1st rounder

for

Lindholm

I can't see another team topping that (realistically)

I’m not sure if another team tops that offer (but I would say they do) but the Ducks aren’t looking to move Lindholm and would say no to that offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad