Rumor: “Everyone is fair game” in Ducks trade talks except Gibson

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Any of the really valuable pieces (Lindhom/Rakell/Manson/Montour) aren't going cheap. They are the foundation to build around. The guys that are available are the ones no will take (Perry/Kesler/Eaves) and Silf. Maybe (hopefully) Getzlaf who would still net a great return. Fowler/Henrique could be moved, but either one would just create a pretty big hole and I'm of the opinion that they should be kept to be left exposed for Seattle and provide insulation for our prospects until then.

Last edited:
Reactions: third man in

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
What would it take to get Rakell to the Avs? Would something around the Avs 2019 first, Jost and Timmins be of any interest?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Any of the really valuable pieces (Lindhom/Rakell/Manson/Montour) aren't going cheap. They are the foundation to build around. The guys that are available are the ones no will take (Perry/Kesler/Eaves) and Silf. Maybe (hopefully) Getzlaf who would still net a great return. Fowler/Henrique could be moved, but either one would just create a pretty big hole and I'm of the opinion that they should be kept to be left exposed for Seattle and provide insulation for our prospects until then.

Getzlaf is someone I would be interested in from Habs perspective. Not sure what would be put on the table though. Most likely our 2019 1st, one of our middle 9 F (Preferably Shaw for cap purpose) and one of our Center prospect (Olofsson, maybe?) as well as another minor piece of BM choice (either a B- prospect or depth player)

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
ok fair....but who could the habs offer that gets them a sniff at lindholm? dont say drouin.

Technically we’ve got a lot of futures that BM would be interested in. Mid 1st round pick, Romanov, Poehling, Suzuki, Brook, Ylonen, Fleury, Olofsson etc.. and plenty of middle 6 F in Lehkonen, Armia, Byron, Shaw with some depth replacement like Reilly and Benn.

Pick your poison. Montreal has interesting futures at all positions and a lot of depth to make an interesting offer

? Yes it does. You're severely underplaying Lindholm's value.,

I’m not. I just think a guy like Kotkaniemi who’s playing his 18 years old season and dominating at times in the NHL is not available even for a guy like Lindholm.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
So to clarify, is Anaheim buying, selling, retooling, shuffling the lawn chairs, trying to reshape their room, seeing what's out there or hitting the panic button? It's hard to tell with wildcard teams on giant losing streaks.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Getzlaf is someone I would be interested in from Habs perspective. Not sure what would be put on the table though. Most likely our 2019 1st, one of our middle 9 F (Preferably Shaw for cap purpose) and one of our Center prospect (Olofsson, maybe?) as well as another minor piece of BM choice (either a B- prospect or depth player)

If that is the kind of offer we got I'd say we just keep him. I'd think it would have to be a 1st+ a top prospect (Poehling/Suzuki) bare minimum.

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay
Technically we’ve got a lot of futures that BM would be interested in. Mid 1st round pick, Romanov, Poehling, Suzuki, Brook, Ylonen, Fleury, Olofsson etc.. and plenty of middle 6 F in Lehkonen, Armia, Byron, Shaw with some depth replacement like Reilly and Benn.

Pick your poison. Montreal has interesting futures at all positions and a lot of depth to make an interesting offer

I’m not. I just think a guy like Kotkaniemi who’s playing his 18 years old season and dominating at times in the NHL is not available even for a guy like Lindholm.

Oh **** off, dominating guys got 5 goals . pffft:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
If that is the kind of offer we got I'd say we just keep him. I'd think it would have to be a 1st+ a top prospect (Poehling/Suzuki) bare minimum.

If Montreal had top pairing LHD to play with Weber right now I would probably be okay with Poehling + 1st + salary (Shaw/Alzner - some $ has to go back) and I feel Getzlaf would be the “add” the Habs need to be considered a top contenders but unless a Lindholm type of guy fall into our lap as well I can’t see us paying a premium for a guy like Getzlaf.

As I said, I’d be ok giving up a little bit less value (downgrade Poehling to Olofsson) as it would make sense for us because of where we are into our retool but if the value is too low for Anaheim (which would be understandable) I can’t see a deal being made right now

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Oh **** off, dominating guys got 5 goals . pffft:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

He’s already showing flashes of being able to dominate the game at 18 years and 6 months old. 90% of hockey players at that age are playing their draft season in Junior. It’s not about the goals, it’s about the plays, passes, vision and hands

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad