Rumor: “Everyone is fair game” in Ducks trade talks except Gibson

Jan 21, 2018
in terms of draft pick(s), how much is lindolm and manson worth?

is lindholm worth a top 5 pick? manson top 10?

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Oilers should make a push for Getzlaf if possible. Toss RNH on his wing and keep Drai with McDavid. Gross.\

Not sure how we get him without giving up one of the lesser two though.

RR would be nice as well.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I know it would be in division and Manson is the type of guy you don’t trade in division, but as per your requirement, how about this...

To EDM: Manson

To ANH: Bouchard, 2019 2nd, Manning (cap purposes)

My fellow Oiler fans will want to hang me because Bouchard is the exact type of Dman we’ve been waiting for forever, but I want to try and win now and Manson is in his prime and on a good value contract for 3 more years after this. I feel we have enough offensive ability on the left side (Klefbom, Nurse, Jones) that Bouchard isn’t as necessary as he was on draft day (though still has a better breakout pass/stretch pass than anyone on our roster).

And I really want to see a Nurse-Manson pairing. That is all kinds of nasty for the opposition.

What do you say Ducks fans?

I would say no because Manson brings a unique skill set and could be a possibility to be the next captain if Getzy ever leaves.

I would also think the Oilers are looking for more of a puck moving type, not that Manson is bad at that but he’s basically a (much) better version of Larsson but doesn’t bring any creativity or playmaking ability from the backend which the Oilers sorely need.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
On the bright side Kesler will be untouchable because no one will choose him! I still can't believe Murray signed that contract thinking his body would hold up.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Pretty sure the person you’re talking to is a Leafs fan. Also, if you don’t want to offer a hockey trade for one our guys, ok, you don’t get them. Pretty simple. Guys like Getz and Fowler have movement clause preventing them from going to Montreal anyway. And we have no reason to “find a suitor” for Lindholm. If we’re moving Lindholm, a 1C potential guy should be coming back but no team is trading that kind of player away so Lindholm stays.

And it’s totally fine. All I said was that Montreal had a good mix of solid prospects at all position along with good young middle 6 roster players and draft picks and if a package was interesting for the ducks that Montreal could pony up something intriguing for any of these three players.

Last edited:

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007

your off to a bad start in your thinking...the fact that you are ASKING that means you probably shouldnt try to put something together...ducks are not going to give up those players for picks.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

In terms of value?

Lindholm is worth at least a top three pick. If you were picking third overall and were told you were getting Lindholm out of that pick you would be pretty happy most years. But I doubt he’s moved.

Manson yeah probably top 10 is about right. But again the Ducks have very little reason to move him right now.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
A lot of bickering and terrible trades in here all for what will amount to, maybe, one trade involving a good Ducks player. (Silfverberg)

Like others have noted, the Ducks are in a weird position, where the old guys you'd like to sell off, you can't (Kesler, Getzlaf, Perry, Eaves), the older veterans that have value (Fowler, Henrique) just signed extensions, and you'd keep everyone else due to value and importance level on the team. (Lindholm, Manson, Rakell, Montour, Kase)

Silfverberg makes the most sense to trade, since the Ducks are RW heavy and he'll be a UFA. Most of us Ducks fans are fine with not much more than a 1st for him.

In a perfect world, we trade Fowler (throw the NTC to the wind) for a good, young 3C with a 1C ceiling/2C. A replacement 1C for Getzlaf will be our biggest need moving forward. Fowler doesn't fetch a bonafide 1C, but if a team has a huge hole at LD and a surplus of Centers, a "hockey" trade could be made.

TL;DR: Most of these asks/trades are awful for the Ducks. Biggest Ducks move should be Silfverberg for pick(s), assuming he didn't JUST get injured long term.

Pretty much this.

My takeaway from skimming through this thread is that the Ducks have a lot of players with high value that a lot of teams would covet (not a shocking discovery). I think I counted ten to twelve different players mentioned in proposed deals or asked about in terms of trade value by other teams' fans. That is half our roster. The issue with the Ducks is not a lack of talent. It is poor coaching coupled with two seasons in a row where any kind of chemistry/momentum for the team has been stalled by injuries. Even with this atrocious losing streak, there is no pressing reason to move anyone besides Silfverberg until there is a coaching change.

This whole thing was spurred by some punch-drunk speculation on twitter by a beat reporter. Anyone who follows the Ducks knows this team has the worst media coverage. I wouldn't take anything a beat reporter says at face value. I don't even hate Teaford or anything, it's just that when our fans have to practically beg him and other beat writers to ask management for injury updates, I find it incredibly hard to believe he has any kind of insider info on anything else regarding the team.

Reactions: Paul4587

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

Yes. In a 2012 redraft it likely goes Rielly & Lindholm at #1 & #2.
The difference between Lindholm now & a 3rd overall to 5th overall pick is that Lindholm already has experience, while picking a D-man in a draft would take a few years to be a top pairing guy playing 25 minutes a game like Lindholm now does.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
A lot of people are understating that the Ducks will make "hockey trades" be it in their best interest long term or not. The franchise cannot really afford a rebuild, they can only retool.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Well frig.
Manson and Ritchie check off every box for me.

We've been know as " buddies " in the trading world. Pleeease , we'll be sure to help when it's your time again!

Manson + Ritchie
For
Nylander + Liljgren + pick (depending of Leaf performance)

Beef up lines 1 or 2;
Ritchie - Matthews- Kapanen
Or
Ritchie - Tavares - Marner

Big, solid Dman for Mo;
Rielly - Manson

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No, no he is not Petry is a very good 3 over his career and is currently playing like a good number 2 but he is not now nor has he ever been a 1. Lindholm is absolutely a 1d and would cost a s*** ton to acquire.

I disagree about Petry. He's was an average top 4D for a few years and has become a darn good #3 option based on his play in the last two seasons. Lindholm is good and younger with more potential but he has not earned #1D status yet. I'm calling it for what it is today. #1D's don't produce 35 pts +/- of production IMO. He needs to step it up. And no, this is not just about points. His overall game is very good but I want to see more production.

At the moment, Petry > Lindholm. This is not about potential. This is about actual results. Petry has been very very good in the last 2 years.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Anaheim Ducks are a bit of a sad case.

When Getzlaf and Perry were in their primes, the only teams that stood in their way were the Kings and Hawks.....who won multiple cups.

The Ducks now have a great defense, goaltending, and wingers, but their star players (Getzlaf, Perry, and Kesler) are well past their primes.

From a Canucks’ perspective, what would be the asking price for Brandon Montour?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I disagree about Petry. He's was an average top 4D for a few years and has become a darn good #3 option based on his play in the last two seasons. Lindholm is good and younger with more potential but he has not earned #1D status yet. I'm calling it for what it is today. #1D's don't produce 35 pts +/- of production IMO. He needs to step it up. And no, this is not just about points. His overall game is very good but I want to see more production.

At the moment, Petry > Lindholm. This is not about potential. This is about actual results. Petry has been very very good in the last 2 years.
Jesus...Petry>Lindholm??? Start a poll....i think you will be disappointed.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Holy hell, just looked up Keslers stats

6 points in 44 games and @ $6.875 mil until 2022

Might be the most radioactive contract in the league. Sad when you have the same cap hit as an already bad Brent Seabrook and he's tripling your point production from the blue line

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
If I’m Dubas I’m targeting Anaheim’s dmen hard.

Kapenen + Sandin for Lindholm
Nylander + 2nd for Manson
Johnsson + Liljegren for Lindholm

chapeau

Jan 16, 2019
Haven't read the whole thread, but would something like Brook + Suzuki + 1st for Cam Fowler and a 2nd work for Ducks fans? It's giving up a lot but I think that's the kind of move Montreal's got to do to contend.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Haven't read the whole thread, but would something like Brook + Suzuki + 1st for Cam Fowler and a 2nd work for Ducks fans? It's giving up a lot but I think that's the kind of move Montreal's got to do to contend.
Cam Fowler has a 4 team trade list, Pretty much guarantee Montreal isn't on it. Not sure why Fowler would waive to go there any ways.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Jesus...Petry>Lindholm??? Start a poll....i think you will be disappointed.

Petry's value gets devalued due to where he came from. When you look at what he has done in the last 2 seasons (with and without Weber in the line-up), you start to see that he is not the same player from 3+ years ago.

This article came out Oct 6th of 2018 (See below). It evaluated defenseman over the last 3 seasons so it don't include this year and how Petry has improved his stats even more. Lindholm was 18th and Petry was 13th. Petry has more value than most will admit. Same treatment Patch got.

In terms of future potential, I would give the edge to Lindholm due to being younger and you assume he improves. However, as it stands today and based on the latest sample size, Petry has done better. The evidence is there if you choose to look into it.

I remember looking at it and saying that is very surprising. And then Petry has done what he has done so far this year. He is a rising stock no doubt about it. Not many fans will give any credit to any Habs assets... that is a trend on these boards. Create the pool if you wish. I know where it will lead and I won't be surprised. Disappointed? Nah, Popularity means nothing with me. I do my own homework and it's a fair assessment. On these boards, Patch was not worth much and Price has negative value. It's a bunch of horse shit

Definitive ranking of NHL’s top 20 defencemen over three seasons - Sportsnet.ca

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If I’m Dubas I’m targeting Anaheim’s dmen hard.

Kapenen + Sandin for Lindholm
Nylander + 2nd for Manson
Johnsson + Liljegren for Lindholm

Maybe the Kapanen one works for Anaheim, but I can't see Johnsson and Liljegren being enough.

Sandin = lilly
Kapanen >> Johnsson.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig