Rumor: “Everyone is fair game” in Ducks trade talks except Gibson

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Measuring a defensemen solely by looking at points is pretty ignorant. You can do so more for forwards but you need a much broader assessment for defensemen. As for substance, there is actually a ton.

Lindholm is a beast with advanced analytics
HF board polls have him rated as 16th best defensemen which would classify him as a legit 1d
He passes the eye test if you watch him play
He makes his d partners very noticeably better when he plays alongside them
He doesnt play much on the power play so his points should be expected to be lower
From a usage standpoint the Ducks prefer to play him on defensive zone draws against other teams top lines (showing his strength defensively and also hurts your point total)
Ducks management and fans consistently classify him as untouchable because of how critical he is to the team
Lindholm has led the team in plus minus over the last handful of years and I believe he led the league one year and is consistently at the top when the Ducks are good

He literally passes every test except points to be considered a legit 1d and you want to argue that there isnt any substance backing him up. There is actually a ton of subjective and objective support for him as a 1d and you are saying he isnt even a top pairing d (while everyone on this board disagrees with you). It is why you hear Ducks fans pushing a guy like Fowler to be traded and dont want to give up Lindholm. I sure hope you just dont see the Ducks much and you are basing your opinion based on points because if you watched the Ducks and came away with that opinion than that is pretty embarrassing for you.
Nicely written.
For me, Lindholm and Manson would be impossible for us to replace within our organization. I expect no team to make an offer that makes sense for us to move them, not because they’re untouchable, but because we can replace their skill sets at their prices without a minor miracle

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Ducks could pry out Granlund from Vancouver for a guy like Fowler.

Why would Ducks have any interest in that? Trading a top 4 D for bottom 6 C with a career high 32 points? Pass

I also clearly said that I would only be interested in a package similar to O’Reilly/Karlsson/Pacioretty returned. If you’re not interested in a package , just say so and talks will stop now.

P.S : I doubt you’ll find a taker for a hockey trade for Fowler/Getzlaf. It’ll probably be easier to find a suitor for Lindholm but it’s still not an easy trade to do

Posted earlier in the thread. Appears GMBM is looking for hockey trades not to sell off for pieces

Last edited:

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
If the Ducks trade Getzlaf I will straight strip down and cover myself in honey diring midday. I would straight up lose my f***ing mind.

Which means Bob will do it.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Kotkaniemi IS untouchable. There’s nothing on the Ducks that would interest me for him. So my offer for Getzlaf was trash? What exactly do you expect for a 33 years old 8.25M C? I offered a 1st, Poehling (WJC MVP) and Shaw/Alzner (cap purpose). What else do you expect?

Also, I never made an offer for Lindholm and honestly, I believe either Fowler or Grtzlaf would be a better/easier target to acquire for us. I also clearly said that I would only be interested in a package similar to O’Reilly/Karlsson/Pacioretty returned. If you’re not interested in a package , just say so and talks will stop now.

P.S : I doubt you’ll find a taker for a hockey trade for Fowler/Getzlaf. It’ll probably be easier to find a suitor for Lindholm but it’s still not an easy trade to do
Pretty sure the person you’re talking to is a Leafs fan. Also, if you don’t want to offer a hockey trade for one our guys, ok, you don’t get them. Pretty simple. Guys like Getz and Fowler have movement clause preventing them from going to Montreal anyway. And we have no reason to “find a suitor” for Lindholm. If we’re moving Lindholm, a 1C potential guy should be coming back but no team is trading that kind of player away so Lindholm stays.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Lindholm is an elite defenseman. No one is untouchable (Gretzky), but the only type of trade the ducks could/should consider is a Seth Jones/Ryan Johansen type of deal where one elite player is traded for another. In other words, the ducks would need to receive a young but proven elite player (center) in return, not quantity. And for the record, even that type of trade probably should not be considered for at least another year or two, when the retool is complete, franchise needs/cap issues are known, and there is less term on his deal.

And to those pointing to Lindholm's lack of points, you need to consider his usage (little power play) and the fact that he plays on an anemic ducks team that for several years has not scored goals. When given power play opportunities, Lindholm has produced points and he would be a regular 40-50 point guy on most other teams (and higher on a high scoring team).

Reactions: Paul4587

Backhandbeauty

Dec 28, 2018
Since when Suzuki, Poehling, Romanov, Brook, Ylonen are considered trash? Lmao those would probably be all in your top 7 prospects pool.

Edit: the “trash you’re referring to also include the latest WJC MVP as well a 18 years MVP D.

Anyway, to the other Ducks fans who aren’t delusional, I’d be interested in pulling up a package for one of the following three players: Lindholm, Getzlaf or Fowler. A similar package to what Karlsson/O’Reilly got. Fire away who is available and for what package (if a package is of interest) and let’s discuss!
Gotta love this. For a similar package as two guys that were traded for terrible returns. Well gee if that's what ya want Im sure they'll be just pleased to take your dumpster fire offers.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Just for fun, since it would never happen, but

1 of connor/ehlerz
Niku
1 of vesa/roslo
Trouba

I think that would somewhat spark my interest , granted your gettin a top pairing signed for 9.3 the next 4 years, so idk could be more

And that’s why neither of us are NHL GM’s

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
This thread is based off pure speculation from a beat writer. That doesn’t mean a Lindholm, Rakell and the rest of our guys with value are going to be traded for spare parts like most of these proposals are. They’re all close to untouchable.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
If the ducks moved Manson that would be a move to rebuild the clubs because we dont have a way to replace what he brings to the team. We would be significantly worse. Therefore we would want something that would make us better long term. Maybe a great draft pick that could enable us to take a shot at a 1c or if there is a team in win now mode maybe a combination of a high end prospect with upside higher than Manson and a pick.

I know it would be in division and Manson is the type of guy you don’t trade in division, but as per your requirement, how about this...

To EDM: Manson

To ANH: Bouchard, 2019 2nd, Manning (cap purposes)

My fellow Oiler fans will want to hang me because Bouchard is the exact type of Dman we’ve been waiting for forever, but I want to try and win now and Manson is in his prime and on a good value contract for 3 more years after this. I feel we have enough offensive ability on the left side (Klefbom, Nurse, Jones) that Bouchard isn’t as necessary as he was on draft day (though still has a better breakout pass/stretch pass than anyone on our roster).

And I really want to see a Nurse-Manson pairing. That is all kinds of nasty for the opposition.

What do you say Ducks fans?

Mr Quacksworth

Apr 8, 2018
Anaheim
A lot of bickering and terrible trades in here all for what will amount to, maybe, one trade involving a good Ducks player. (Silfverberg)

Like others have noted, the Ducks are in a weird position, where the old guys you'd like to sell off, you can't (Kesler, Getzlaf, Perry, Eaves), the older veterans that have value (Fowler, Henrique) just signed extensions, and you'd keep everyone else due to value and importance level on the team. (Lindholm, Manson, Rakell, Montour, Kase)

Silfverberg makes the most sense to trade, since the Ducks are RW heavy and he'll be a UFA. Most of us Ducks fans are fine with not much more than a 1st for him.

In a perfect world, we trade Fowler (throw the NTC to the wind) for a good, young 3C with a 1C ceiling/2C. A replacement 1C for Getzlaf will be our biggest need moving forward. Fowler doesn't fetch a bonafide 1C, but if a team has a huge hole at LD and a surplus of Centers, a "hockey" trade could be made.

TL;DR: Most of these asks/trades are awful for the Ducks. Biggest Ducks move should be Silfverberg for pick(s), assuming he didn't JUST get injured long term.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I know it would be in division and Manson is the type of guy you don’t trade in division, but as per your requirement, how about this...

To EDM: Manson

To ANH: Bouchard, 2019 2nd, Manning (cap purposes)

My fellow Oiler fans will want to hang me because Bouchard is the exact type of Dman we’ve been waiting for forever, but I want to try and win now and Manson is in his prime and on a good value contract for 3 more years after this. I feel we have enough offensive ability on the left side (Klefbom, Nurse, Jones) that Bouchard isn’t as necessary as he was on draft day (though still has a better breakout pass/stretch pass than anyone on our roster).

And I really want to see a Nurse-Manson pairing. That is all kinds of nasty for the opposition.

What do you say Ducks fans?
Easy no. Bouchard is a nice prospect, but he's just that, a prospect, not much of a blue chip prospect either. A 2nd is not that worthwhile and we're taking a cap dump back. There's no reason this is a good deal for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad