• Gaeten Haas

Votes: 10 6.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He could make an upgrade and add a couple mil to the cap, but it will probably cost one of our d prospects and Puljujärvi. Endless number of possibilities it's hard to speculate. I just hope Jesse has more value than some crap 3rd round return like Schultz or Yakupov. Ugh!

I agree.
Not that I dont think Benning has value but it wouldnt surprise me if he gets traded. I just think that the young dmen coming up can replaces what he brings for much less.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
No kidding.
What a crappy job he has. Not only does he have to clean up Chias mess he also has to deal with a significant percentage of the Oiler fan base that are just miserable jerks that expected significant progress 8 hours into the UFA season.
Oh and all of that in a fishbowl environment.

Pretty sad indeed.
I expect some progress after the two most significant days of being able to improve your roster.

So far he's signed a replacement level player that a team that finished 1 spot ahead of us deemed unworthy of signing and has signed a goalie coming off a horrible season on the 2nd best team in the league.

Reactions: 3IR

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
With Stauffer talking about Lucic bonus all day I am wondering if it is OTT who is trading for him rather than Calgary. They and CAR would be the only teams t really care about real salary vs. bonuses. The Canes just trade for Marleau though then bought him out so I don't see it.

Looking at contracts on both sides the obvious one is Lucic (3 mill real salary) for Bobby Ryan (5.5 mill real salary). When I Googled it I see that Ryan got his bonus May 15 so that is not a factor here besides them not having to pay bonuses out twice (Ryan THEN Lucic) which I guess is maybe the hold up here.

I can also see OTT being asked to retain something maybe a mill to bring the cap hits closer. Again does not matter to them as it is not "real" money and it maybe even helps them stay at the floor.

Ryan bounced back last year had 40 points so it would be a upgrade on that alone. With one less year it is a good deal for us even if we have to add a prospect or pick.

Otherwise will be interesting if the Flames trade happens. Smith can tell Holland about Neal and Talbot can talk up Looch. Both teams learn more about their new player before the trade which is rare.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
He could make an upgrade and add a couple mil to the cap, but it will probably cost one of our d prospects and Puljujärvi. Endless number of possibilities it's hard to speculate. I just hope Jesse has more value than some crap 3rd round return like Schultz or Yakupov. Ugh!
JP really hamstrung the team. He probably would have got what he wanted if he (and agent) kept a lid on the dramatics. Oh well.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I expect some progress after the two most significant days of being able to improve your roster.

So far he's signed a replacement level player that a team that finished 1 spot ahead of us deemed unworthy of signing and has signed a goalie coming off a horrible season on the 2nd best team in the league.

Re the bolded...why?
You're a smart poster....you know the situation....you know what Chia left him.
You know that he has little to no wiggle room.

How can you justify thinking that there should be more progress 8 hours into the UFA season?

Reactions: Declassified

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
Being a mindless lemming doesn't make you more of a fan than someone who is rightfully disappointed with the ineptitude of this organization.
and being and complainer 24/7 does.you suggest that we are lemmings when you get mad you expect us to be a like you.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
I like all the signings overall.

Chiasson is a bit much for someone unlikely to repeat last years performance and I'm not crazy about the bonus structure for Smith but other than that it was an OK but unimpressive day.

Reactions: MettleMcOiler

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
and being and complainer 24/7 does.you suggest that we are lemmings when you get mad you expect us to be a like you.

Nobody expects you to be like them. It's the opposite in that you expect them to be like you. Every time you snipe and tell disappointed posters to 'shut up'.

How about you tell people what to be happy about? What sorts of positives have occurred since Holland has been hired?

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
Yup, put them on the ignore list, easy to track and you don't have to hear their whining until next year if you so choose.

There'd sure be a lot of empty threads.. Probably easier to only come on HF when the Oilers win. These people go silent then anyway

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Nobody expects you to be like them. It's the opposite in that you expect them to be like you. Every time you snipe and tell disappointed posters to 'shut up'.

How about you tell people what to be happy about? What sorts of positives have occurred since Holland has been hired?

Constructive opinions have been posted...did you really not see anything in this thread or is it that you just donrt care to look?

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad