Votes: 10 6.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Trying to be patient but this feels like deja vu - let summer pass without making meaningful changes, go into the season with a garbage roster, and make panic trades mid-season when our playoff hopes are hanging by a thread. I can relate to the angst here right now and really hope Holland has an ace up his sleeve.

By my watch, it's only been 1 hour 45 minutes into FA.

Reactions: McDraekke

Showcor3

Sep 27, 2017
E-town, Berta
Draisaitle McDavid Kassian
Benson nuge Neal
Nygard grandlund chiasson
Khara Haas/cave/brodziak blank

Klefbom Larson
Nurse Russel
Jones bear/perrson
Kinda see the roster to start the season something along these lines

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Nyquist would have been a good player to add.. but honestly I like the players like Panik/Hathaway/Hartman etc that went for cheaper.

Adding several of those would have done even more for the team.

Obviously some players have certain locations that they prefer... Oilers are the last resort for most.

As the days go by here this week you may see a few of the C level UFA targets get more inclined to sign with Edmonton.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Save.Us.Gusev

No kidding. He might be our only chance to land a top 6 forward at this point.

I am good with Holland is doing actually. Nothing major with term, being prudent with salary. I find it hilarious that people who were pumped at signing Lucic are the same ones who saying trade him 3 years into his contract. These are all low risk, short term deals. I like it.

The problem is why the **** did he buy out Sekera if he’s just doing a couple minor signings

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Would you guys have taken Donskoi for 4.5M (EDM tax), that could have been a good bet. Maybe better than the combination of Chiasson and Granlund.

Oh and any word on Connolly? We still getting our free agent big fish?

Also any one of these 6M signings today would have improved the Oilers. ****in Lucics contract needs to go.
Yup. And any of these 6M signings will want to come Edmonton. Thanks for letting us know.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
You're not the one that has to like it though. McDavid/Draisaitl/RNH have to and I don't think they're going to be happy with this.

Your post is somewhat backwards as you’re telling the poster you quoted that it’s not his opinion that matters, it’s the players, but in so posting that you also put your own projection opinion onto those players, so basically you’re saying it’s not you care about, it’s what I care about.

No one knows what the players are thinking, let’s stop assuming every player will ask for a trade out of Edmonton. Pulju and Yak are the last ones to do this and the main reason is that they feel they aren’t/weren’t getting the playtime they deserved. Not an issue with the aforementioned trio

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Connolly signed in Florida.

Oh FFS.

Let us all remember this Oilers fans when we blame management for all this teams woes. Edmonton vs. Florida , we lose that every time. And it’s not the only city we’d lose to

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

If we sign Simmonds to play with McDavid then maybe Holland is just trying to replicate Chias success?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad