Votes: 10 6.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
lol. I can't tell what is more predictable at this point. The Oilers being a garbage team or a plethora of people who make excuses for it every summer and accuse anyone who is rightfully negative of "overreacting".
Well it's pretty simple. You guys bitch and moan during the season about overpaid, underperforming players on the roster, but bitch and moan when the manager decides not to sign a bunch of them.

You know how you stay out of debt? DON'T SPEND ANY MONEY!

The Oilers are in day one of free agency in a year where Pierre Edouard Bellemarre gets $1.8m on a two year term. The prices today are obscene.

What's predictable is the complaining that happens like clockwork on this board.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
I wouldn’t mind Wayne Simmonds at a decent price... doubt that he’d come to Edmonton though... and don’t want term....

I think his horrid end of season run might lower his eventual cost but I would assume he's trying to milk some teams right now.

Apathetic

Oct 29, 2010
Downtown
Considering how poorly UFA signings on July 1st have worked out for us in the past, I would say today seems like a success.
Still hoping we can grab two of Vanek, MoJo, Nichuskin, Sheanan, Dzingel on the cheap.

Reactions: Declassified

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Not signing Nyquist to that deal is ridiculous. Also no one can say it would cost more for a player to sign in Edmonton vs Columbus. No player is lining up to sign with a gutted Columbus team led by Atkinson and Dubois.

Maybe it has to do with him wanting to be in the East and not be in the West? Or because Columbus lost a bunch of Top 6 players, he felt he'd get more playing time? WHo really knows. It obviously wasn't in the cards. Let it go.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
See the thing is, most people saying wait and see how it pans out are just preaching patience FOR NOW. It’s several hours into free agency and people are acting like there’s nothing else that Holland can do now, so it’s over and everything is terrible. Signings and trades can happen throughout the off season, so maybe just wait until opening day to start freaking out. If nothing changes, power to you, but why both and complain about a what if scenario as opposed to holding your tongue and waiting for the evidence that your what if is actually a reality? Right, because this is the internet and waiting two months two post your negative thoughts to the world is basically a punishment.
Because we have seen the Oilers do shit like this constantly no matter who the GM is so we are conditioned for the worst.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Wonder when this team is going to do something meaningful that has you excited as a fan.

Season ticket holders are pissed off as is, it's gonna get ugly this year if Holland doesn't figure something out for this season. Along with McDavid/RNH/Draisaitl probably starting to snap.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I am good with Holland is doing actually. Nothing major with term, being prudent with salary. I find it hilarious that people who were pumped at signing Lucic are the same ones who saying trade him 3 years into his contract. These are all low risk, short term deals. I like it.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
At least we didn’t sign any albatross contracts today. The 3 signings combined all basically make Lucic’s cap hit... I don’t expect playoffs of course with this roster, but I didn’t really see them as a possibility anyway, so might as well not spend ourselves into oblivion.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Considering how poorly UFA signings on July 1st have worked out for us in the past, I would say today seems like a success.
Still hoping we can grab two of Vanek, MoJo, Nichuskin, Sheanan, Dzingel on the cheap.
Nichushkin is trash. Nooo thank you.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Well it's pretty simple. You guys ***** and moan during the season about overpaid, underperforming players on the roster, but ***** and moan when the manager decides not to sign a bunch of them.

You know how you stay out of debt? DON'T SPEND ANY MONEY!

The Oilers are in day one of free agency in a year where Pierre Edouard Bellemarre gets $1.8m on a two year term. The prices today are obscene.

What's predictable is the complaining that happens like clockwork on this board.
I bitch and moan about a bad team with bad players.

That' what this Oilers team is.

Make as many excuses as you want. The Oilers are a terrible hockey team with a defense worse than it was yesterday, a forward group that is no better and a newly signed garbage backup goalie.

It's trash. I'm sick and bloody tired of excuse after excuse after excuse as to why whoever is in charge here is unable to improve the team.

Ken Holland is making $5 million dollars a year to improve this team. Do you're f***ing job.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I am good with Holland is doing actually. Nothing major with term, being prudent with salary. I find it hilarious that people who were pumped at signing Lucic are the same ones who saying trade him 3 years into his contract. These are all low risk, short term deals. I like it.

You're not the one that has to like it though. McDavid/Draisaitl/RNH have to and I don't think they're going to be happy with this.

They need help and you're giving them jack all.

Nugent Hopkins said it in his post-season presser "They (the organization) need to figure this out *now*. It can't be 1 or 2 years from now".

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
This. 100%

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
“It wasn’t my fault, society made me do it!”

Perfect argument
What?
Oilers fans are right 9/10 times when it comes to bitching and moaning. Until the org starts proving us wrong and stops continually proving the may sayers right, the nah sayers we going to keep jumping in early.

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
Trying to be patient but this feels like deja vu - let summer pass without making meaningful changes, go into the season with a garbage roster, and make panic trades mid-season when our playoff hopes are hanging by a thread. I can relate to the angst here right now and really hope Holland has an ace up his sleeve.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
“B-b-but wait and see what he does with the cap space!”

*Does nothing with cap space*

*another ill informed buyout or trade happens*

“B-b-but wait and see what he does with the cap space!”

Rinse and repeat
Wait til we buyout Koskinen next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce