Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Flames could offer Hamilton + Backlund for
Faulk + 2nd overall :)

So the main piece coming back that’s supposed to convince us to pass on drafting a potential 40 goal scoring star forward is a defenseman, something we don’t need.

200.gif

Reactions: Skelen and MinJaBen

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Great! If you're picking 3rd you get your wish and everyone is happy!

Sounds like that in theory but generally what I want for the Habs don't work out. I am hoping for Zadina at 3. Love his passion for the game, rare you see passion at that level. BUt I am not betting money on it. I hope Carolina trades their pick as strong chance their owner will keep the Czecks together.

Carolina isn't that bad of a team. If they had a goalie. I imagine they will want a goalie for that pick. Got a good defense but no goalie. Team like Vegas is other way around.

I would offer them Carey Price but he has no-trade clause. No way he waives to go there with their owner. He may waive to go to Nashville though. To work with David Poile and his buddy Subban. Habs get Rinne and a solid player? Flip Rinne and that player to Carolina Hanifin maybe? Canes get a top goalie and center, Habs get the defenseman they want

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Sounds like that in theory but generally what I want for the Habs don't work out. I am hoping for Zadina at 3. Love his passion for the game, rare you see passion at that level. BUt I am not betting money on it. I hope Carolina trades their pick as strong chance their owner will keep the Czecks together.

Carolina isn't that bad of a team. If they had a goalie. I imagine they will want a goalie for that pick. Got a good defense but no goalie. Team like Vegas is other way around.

I would offer them Carey Price but he has no-trade clause. No way he waives to go there with their owner. He may waive to go to Nashville though. To work with David Poile and his buddy Subban. Habs get Rinne and a solid player? Flip Rinne and that player to Carolina Hanifin maybe? Canes get a top goalie and center, Habs get the defenseman they want

What makes you think Carolina wants Zadina just because he has played with Necas in the past?

And we don’t care if Price would waive his ntc for us. We don’t want him and it’s laughable to think he belongs anywhere near a conversation for the second overall pick.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina

I'd be stunned if Canes went with Zadina over Svech. Dundon is an avowed analytics guy, looking to leverage data for an advantage. He's not going to let something as soft as compatibility with another Canes prospect in a tourney or two override what the hard data says. As a reminder:

dahlin-svechnikov-chart-050918jpg_vyxf3k9bnby71mcdf31115agb.jpg

NHL Draft 2018: Why Andrei Svechnikov's star potential is on par with Rasmus Dahlin

Zadina is going to be there at #3.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC

Now Rinne for the #2 is a reasonable suggestion, something worth consideration, and would elevate the chances above zero point zero.

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
Every single year this happens.

You know what else happens every year (in the last couple decades)?

The top 5 picks are never traded.

Reactions: Chainshot

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
What makes you think Carolina wants Zadina just because he has played with Necas in the past?

And we don’t care if Price would waive his ntc for us. We don’t want him and it’s laughable to think he belongs anywhere near a conversation for the second overall pick.
He says that as if it wasn't enough! Most scouting reports have those 2 neck and neck. Close as that, should be want there to keep the 2 Czech stars together.

Dudley going there. Dudley was our long time pro-scouting, the last year he switched over to amateur scouting. He has been known for subjective decisions.

Combined with Ron Francis taking out of there like that. Francis and company they are good people. For them to leave in a huff...must be major malcontent there. They are not going to run over small stuff.

If Svechnikov is there at 3?? I hope the Habs trade down. As his trade value is high and Habs need help at center and on left side of blueline. I imagine Carolina(Rangers could be an option also as they have depth at young centers and the 9th overall) would like to have our 3rd to keep the Necas/Zadina together and have Svechnikov also. But Canes don't have enough to offer to give up the 3rd? Hanifin alone won't get it done, he went 5th overall and is 3 years older than Svechnikov. Going to take more than him.

I never said Price for the 2nd. You never want to lie or twist the truth like that. People try to believe falseness because that is what they want to hear is how people are lead to mistakes in life and bad judgements. I said Price to Nashville for Rinne and a player, then those players going to Carolina for Hanifin.

Don't like that? Another deal could be we trade the 3rd, to a team like Carolina and Price to Nashville. Re-unites Price and Subban. Rinne ends up in Montreal(as I doubt Carolina wants his contract), with Hanifin and one of Turris or Johnsen. Canes give Nashville a player to even out the trade. If Rinne goes to Carolina that is. For Carolina be getting the 3rd pick in draft and stud goalie going to take more than Hanifin. Montreal gets its L-defenseman and a #2 center. Nashville gets a Vezina goalie and a player from Canes?

Habs could include Pacioretty if get another asset. But would rather deal Pacioretty separate as he will fetch a Nash type return. Which was a first, second and bottom 6 winger like a Spooner. Either now or at the trade deadline. Rather we trade Pacioretty at the trade deadline as that way we get extra 60-65 games out of him. He is in contract year, strong chance he bounces back to 35-40 goal scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad