Post-Game Talk: ‘50s Night, featuring “Bo and the Comets” and their hit single “Playin’ for our Dads”

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
My Gawd..............No idea how we won the game last night. That's definitely not going to continue if Edler and Tanev are gone for any stretch of time - we might not have ANY top 4 d-men without those 2. All 5-8's or worse.

On the bright side our team certainly does work hard and does seem to have some speed - while Schaller and Roussell aren't setting the world on fire they at least appear to be serviceable players who can somewhat skate. No idea how Ericksson ever scored 30 plus goals - he's a solid enough player for us this year but looks like he would be lucky to score more than 10.

Only reason i tuned in last night was for Gaudette. As long as him or Pettersson are in the line up I will continue to do so. I'm sure a lot of fans feel the same way.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
I agree 100%. Yet another issue that comes down to just how poorly this team is constructed and managed.

How does management cause injuries and do you think a brutal travel schedule and some questionable hits are somehow management's doing.
It's been a regular occurance going back many seasons and travel is one reason without doubt and bad luck as much as anything else.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
why the **** not throw in brisebois instead of pouliot

I feel the same way....but did you know that Pouliot leads our teams D in hits (20) and is behind Motte (28) and Virtanen (21) for 3rd over all? Guddy is 4th with 19 by the way.

Last edited:

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I wonder why petersson isn’t playing if he went on the trip.

I hope he didn’t have a set back in the last day or so since flying

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I think Pettersson's concussion is worse then they are letting on. Just a hunch I have. I don't think he's gonna play for a bit.

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
I think Pettersson's concussion is worse then they are letting on. Just a hunch I have. I don't think he's gonna play for a bit.

So he can take part in regular practices with the team, is my guess.

These cannot... or at least should not. Exist in the same reality.

PS - yes, I realize they are not responding to one another. Just pointing out that traveling to practice with team could not be true if his concussion is worse than is led on. He would have been left at home.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
These cannot... or at least should not. Exist in the same reality.

Sorry, I'm unclear why I've been quoted...Pettersson is in return-to-play concussion protocol at the moment. The last steps in that protocol are engaging in full contact practices prior to return to game action. In my coaching with youth, that timeframe has to last at least 7 days with no return of concussion symptoms. He's within that timeframe, and travelling and practicing with the team as a result.

There's been no report of a setback, so what's the issue?

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
Sorry, I'm unclear why I've been quoted...Pettersson is in return-to-play concussion protocol at the moment. The last steps in that protocol are engaging in full contact practices prior to return to game action. In my coaching with youth, that timeframe has to last at least 7 days with no return of concussion symptoms. He's within that timeframe, and travelling and practicing with the team as a result.

There's been no report of a setback, so what's the issue?

No issue at all. I agree 100%... Was really pointing out to the gentleman who thinks Pettersson's injury is worse than claimed. The sky is falling despite lack of evidence reactions that are so prevalent on the forums these days.

I edited a clarification likely at the same time you posted the above. Apologies for initial misrepresentation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad