Post-Game Talk: ‘50s Night, featuring “Bo and the Comets” and their hit single “Playin’ for our Dads”

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Not necessarily.

My guess is Brisebois sits. They didn't want Olli sitting in the press box.

so would biega if edler is the only dman hurt unless there is a major issue with mdz. why would they call up two dmen to replace a dman and a forward?

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Due to us probably needing to outscore opponents without Edler and potentially Tanev in the lineup I fully expect Boeser to play tonight and potentially EP as well based on the team needing it. Though I would prefer him to wait until after the Pittsburgh game. But if he's ready, he's ready.

Lines I would ice assuming both are ready to go and the top pairing isn't:
Leipsic-Horvat-Eriksson
Goldobin-EP-Boeser
Rousell-Suter-Virtanen
Schaller-Granlund-Motte

MDZ-Gudbrandson
Hutton-Biega
Pouliot-Stecher

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Shaping up as the the third season in row where the Canucks outpace the rest of the league in players lost to injury. Is it just bad luck? Not imo. This team is small, and they spend far too much time in their own zone taking punishment from bigger forwards and blocking hard shots. With Tanev and Edler at the top of the NHL leaderboard in blocked shots, you knew it was just a matter of time. And having both of them go out in the same game, is just typical for the Canucks.

The Canucks need more physicality on their forward lines and have to find a way to tilt the rink and spend far more time in the offensive zone. Otherwise the run of injuries will inevitably continue, and with respect to Biega and Brisebois who just got called up, the Canucks simply don't have the depth yet to compete.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Shaping up as the the third season in row where the Canucks outpace the rest of the league in players lost to injury. Is it just bad luck? Not imo. This team is small, and they spend far too much time in their own zone taking punishment from bigger forwards and blocking hard shots. With Tanev and Edler at the top of the NHL leaderboard in blocked shots, you knew it was just a matter of time. And having both of them go out in the same game, is just typical for the Canucks.

The Canucks need more physicality on their forward lines and have to find a way to tilt the rink and spend far more time in the offensive zone. Otherwise the run of injuries will inevitably continue, and with respect to Biega and Brisebois who just got called up, the Canucks simply don't have the depth yet to compete.
I agree 100%. Yet another issue that comes down to just how poorly this team is constructed and managed.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

I agree we need more depth, but where we are accumulating that depth is what needs to be addressed. We have a better bottom six this year, fantastic, it has allowed us to compete game in game out, but we have badly needed another top four D pairing for years. Tanev and Edler are troopers playing as much as they do, but that's because we lack anyone else. On a properly structured team, Hutton, Stetcher, Pouliot, Gudbranson and Del Zotto would all be moved down a level. There haven't been many of these players available though. Through free agency, nearly all of them have turned into boat anchors, have been well beyond our means to attract, or have simply been gambles. Ditto through trades, with the added benefit of our futures being damn near untouchable. Can you imagine if we had been in on Hamilton, Karlsson or Hanafin? Even the rumor would send this place into a tail spin.

Any way, gutsy win last night, Horvat put the team on his back and did the needful. The guys I just called depth D all did what was asked of them, Motte being third in forward ice time surprised me.

Keep it up, I need a reason to keep the radio on tonight at work boys!

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

Physicality doesn’t help you spend more time in the offensive zone
Skills and good players do

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Second night of a back to back.
But if Tanev plays we should be fine IMO as the Coyotes are not a very good team. Need Leipsic, Motte, Goldy and a few of the young guys to step up.
Defense if Tanev doesn’t play is a huge problem though. Hutton needs to play big minutes like last game and Gudbranson needs to play two good games in a row which seems optimistic.

But if they can get through this one game it looks like Boeser, Petterson and Tanev should be back so that should provide a boost. Longer term missing Edler will be a huge hole but short term we should be able to compete.

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
There you go. :)

I found the box score from the other game I mentioned. The D was;

Allen - Bieksa
McCarthy - Butenschoen
Mojzis - and I think Brookbank or Burrows was the 6th defender?

Wow that's bad, Bieksa was a rookie as well. I think the 6th was Brookbank too, I remember he could play D or W.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Damn you guys ready for the most deadly pp of all time?

Goldobin-Horvat-Leipsic

Pouliot-Hutton.

Oh baby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad