Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Last I looked Bruins had near 6 million in space.Could be lower now no clue
They have about 6 with LTIR. McAvoy is due back sometime this month, and Forbort by the new year (if not sooner), so UNLESS there's another LTIR (of someone with salary), we will be in a must need to move someone mode within the next month.

If they can start helping that situation out, the sooner the better in my opinion. Before the season started; I think they were compliant with Reilly and Foligno in the minors. Not sure how that number changes with short term IR and callups though.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
The bolded is like me saying: 182 points almost 300 games in his career.

Reality is he requires players like Ovi, Kane and DeBrincat to actually produce. He's not a guy that makes his linemates better, just a complementary player.
Exactly. I live in Chicago and have watched Strome plenty over the last 4 years. The post above sums him up nicely. I'll add that the guy is a major liability on the defensive end as well. Not someone you want taking draws in your own end.

But hey, why bother watching a guy when you can simply look at point totals......

Reactions: ON3M4N

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
going to be interesting how they make room.
I think any move HAS to include Smith, Wally.

He's the most expendable option and would clear $3.1mil. Perhaps Reilly as well, but I think we are going to need him for depth throughout the season and he can play both sides.

Pains me to say that, because as a Wisconsin kid, I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Craig Smith and I like the way he plays, but I just don't see a better alternative. I think he's as good as gone.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The bolded is like me saying: 182 points almost 300 games in his career.

Reality is he requires players like Ovi, Kane and DeBrincat to actually produce. He's not a guy that makes his linemates better, just a complementary player.

And you want more from a center. If he was a winger that could play with talent, sure. But a passenger no defense center? Eh.

Reactions: ON3M4N

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Canucks saying UFA Horvat is available
Rutherford saying guys to acquire under 27 yrs

How about

Carlo
Smith
Zboril
1rst

Horvat UFA 28 yrs old - sign Bo to 6yrs / 45M

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Canucks saying UFA Horvat is available
Rutherford saying guys to acquire under 27 yrs

How about

Carlo
Smith
Zboril
1rst

Horvat UFA 28 yrs old - sign Bo to 6yrs / 45M
Vancouver hangs up the phone.

We need a future young center with oodles of potential I like that krebs kid from buffalo only 21. I guess lysell would be too much for him. Maybe we can send a lohrei back?

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Vancouver hangs up the phone.

We need a future young center with oodles of potential I like that krebs kid from buffalo only 21. I guess lysell would be too much for him. Maybe we can send a lohrei back?
Horvat is a UFA and playing like it. His numbers will drop next year once he signs.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Who are we going to move to get Charlie Mac back in the lineup? I’m dying to see our defense with two dominate #1 DMen.
I have to suspect that whatever move they do will be a hockey trade. I do wonder if they will try to do their deadline shopping early and include some future assets like draft picks and prospects to upgrade the roster somewhere.

I can only dream that it is something like Smith + Reilly + 2023 1st + Keyser for Kane (some retained) and Sikura - Go all-in on this team. Though I genuinely have no idea if that is even close to getting it done.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I have to suspect that whatever move they do will be a hockey trade. I do wonder if they will try to do their deadline shopping early and include some future assets like draft picks and prospects to upgrade the roster somewhere.

I can only dream that it is something like Smith + Reilly + 2023 1st + Keyser for Kane (some retained) and Sikura - Go all-in on this team. Though I genuinely have no idea if that is even close to getting it done.

they need to clear $$$ to activate Mac.
Theyre over the cap.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Ryan Strome >>>> Dylan

Spooner had some decent production at points too, doesn’t mean much when it’s the only dimension in their game

Reactions: Grimey

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Not what I said, also different era . They were all smaller back then. Nice try though , now go to back of the line.

There's a difference. I never said anything about 5'11"

You think players used to be smaller?
If you don't move cap out, how do you get McAvoy back on the roster?
U go full Tampa. U put some one on ir until playoffs :p then u got 10 million over and win the cup

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
@DominicT is my math close that the Bruins need to clear close to 3.23 million to activate Charlie?
I'm very curious how they do that by only moving Smith or Reilly alone?

Reactions: HustleB

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Ryan Strome >>>> Dylan

Spooner had some decent production at points too, doesn’t mean much when it’s the only dimension in their game
It's too bad, because I thought Spooner was looking more complete just before the Nash trade. He was getting engaged physically and looked more committed to playing responsible hockey away from the puck.

He didn't throw many huge hits but there were a couple times I caught myself saying "wait...was that Spooner who ran that guy??" Then he forgot how to play in the NHL the next season.

Reactions: Mione134 and CDJ

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
Accordin to CapFriendly, they currently have 6,262,500$ of cap space. Putting Forbort on LTIR mean they can go 3 million dollars over the cap. Basically they only need to find 300k in the short term which can be done by waiving any left handed defenceman (Zboril, Strålman, Reilly).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad