Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Frederic has had time to develop...and he hasn't produced.

Not sure what you do with him but I still view him as JAG. I would prefer to see Studnicka/McLaughlin/Lauko ahead of Frederic. Greer showed some flashes last night. He certainly didn't hurt the team.

I'm not saying Greer didn't, but if Greer is young enough to still have upside then so does Frederic.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I'm not saying Greer didn't, but if Greer is young enough to still have upside then so does Frederic.
True that...to be honest I haven't watched enough of Greer to form an opinion. Frederic I saw perform for 2 weeks that was it. He's had his opportunities. Does he deserve another chance? Yes, but he's on a short leash for me.

Reactions: Gordoff

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I hope they end up trying for three first lines and a fourth:

MAR/BER/LAU
ZAC/KRE/PAS
HAL/STU/DeB
FRE(GRE)/COY/SMI
LIN/McA
GRZ/CAR
FOR/ZBO(STR)
ULL
SWA

I guess that might be more like two first lines and two thirds. I'd hope that Reilly and Clifton and even Nosek were still options in case of injury, but I'd certainly understand if any of the "fourth-liners" -- forward and/or defense -- go in efforts to add a star right wing. in this scenario in my mind, Studnicka and Carlo would have medium-length (or shorter) leashes before being replaced by Frederic and Clifton; Carlo and Coyle would be actively shopped.

balancing the talent would/should overwhelm lesser matchups while likely not struggling much against any potentially overloaded opposing line. it's quite a roster to work with and this season will be interesting regardless of how it plays out. this Bruins team is very good without Marchand and McAvoy. unless a bunch of injuries plague the time before those stars return, this team is going to dominate.
I like the enthusiasm but put the pom poms and rose colored glasses away for a bit. If you think putting Stud who has shown next too nothing in his short on the third line and put Coyle on the fourth line you are not off to a good start . You mentioned trading Coyle and what will the return be for him and if Frederics is good enough to replace him why not do it now, let me answer that for you at this time in Frederics career he is is not capable . If Carlo fails , I would hope it is not Clifford is not taking his place . If you watched the game last night you would agree .............

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I hope they end up trying for three first lines and a fourth:

MAR/BER/LAU
ZAC/KRE/PAS
HAL/STU/DeB
FRE(GRE)/COY/SMI
LIN/McA
GRZ/CAR
FOR/ZBO(STR)
ULL
SWA

I guess that might be more like two first lines and two thirds. I'd hope that Reilly and Clifton and even Nosek were still options in case of injury, but I'd certainly understand if any of the "fourth-liners" -- forward and/or defense -- go in efforts to add a star right wing. in this scenario in my mind, Studnicka and Carlo would have medium-length (or shorter) leashes before being replaced by Frederic and Clifton; Carlo and Coyle would be actively shopped.

balancing the talent would/should overwhelm lesser matchups while likely not struggling much against any potentially overloaded opposing line. it's quite a roster to work with and this season will be interesting regardless of how it plays out. this Bruins team is very good without Marchand and McAvoy. unless a bunch of injuries plague the time before those stars return, this team is going to dominate.

They’re not paying Coyle 5M to play on the 4th line.

False Start

May 8, 2018
AJ Greer shouldn't have any expectations.

He's a plug who may carve out a role on the 4th line. We signed him to play well in the AHL. If he manages to even stay up in the NHL that's a win for me.

Nothing about his journey says that he has untapped offensive potential. He will not likely do well if he continues to play on the third line.

But we can dream.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Scott mayfield and a pick extended contract for Carlo. they get just as many points but Mafield is so much more physical and had been great in the playoffs. Win now
Let me get this straight.

Mayfield is better than Carlo. And he makes $2.5M less. So the Islanders should make this deal AND add a pick.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Let me get this straight.

Mayfield is better than Carlo. And he makes $2.5M less. So the Islanders should make this deal AND add a pick.
I was about to reply back to that trade proposal and then got sidetracked by Amazon video effing up on me but you said exactly what my thought was. :laugh: Only thing Carlo has on Mayfield is being a few years younger

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Not sure what you do with him but I still view him as JAG. I would prefer to see Studnicka/McLaughlin/Lauko ahead of Frederic. Greer showed some flashes last night. He certainly didn't hurt the team.
And they would then have the softest forward group to go along with the softest D when Frodo comes back.

Not saying Greer and Frederic are irreplaceable BUT the need to be replaced by similar, better players. I still say Keegan Kolesar would be a great fit in the bottom 6 and Cassidy should already hate him as he hits, fights and sticks up for his teammates. Brandon Duhaime and Sam Carrick are other options.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
What's more amazing to me is that people don't think 24 year old Frederic deserves any more time to develop yet are all excited to see what 25 year old Greer can do!

:huh:

Yeah I don't get that one either. I'd love to one or both take steps forward, but neither excite me at this point.

That being said, give me a 4th line with Greer on LW and Frederic in the middle and I'd be fine with that. Just don't play them 12-13 minutes a game, 8-10 is plenty.

And they would then have the softest forward group to go along with the softest D when Frodo comes back.

Not saying Greer and Frederic are irreplaceable BUT the need to be replaced by similar, better players. I still say Keegan Kolesar would be a great fit in the bottom 6 and Cassidy should already hate him as he hits, fights and sticks up for his teammates. Brandon Duhaime and Sam Carrick are other options.

I took Kolesar late in my keeper pool as his hit numbers to finish out last year were off-the-charts. Then I remembered Butch is now his coach and I wonder I'll see Kolesar's hit totals drop off now under a new coach. Throwback-style player Bruins fans would love Kolesar.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It’s really nice to have a quarter of the Czech national team on the Bruins

Fredric is looking like a bottom six agitator who has a sneaky good shot. I think he will score 10-15 goals. He likes to hit a bit too. He isn’t so bad.

He's constantly "looking like" he never actually is what we think he can become. I think he could be a poor-mans Barclay Goodrow, basically a big strong centerman who can win draws and play well without the puck. That's the issue he still hasn't carve out a role at the NHL level that makes his coaches want him in the line-up every night.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
He's constantly "looking like" he never actually is what we think he can become. I think he could be a poor-mans Barclay Goodrow, basically a big strong centerman who can win draws and play well without the puck. That's the issue he still hasn't carve out a role at the NHL level that makes his coaches want him in the line-up every night.

Frederic has the tools but to me he often looks disinterested. If he played assertively and moved his feet every shift he would be a premier 3rd line asset. Wagner's spirit in Frederic's body would be perfect.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Greer has 326 games of pro hockey under his belt. Frederic has 246 game of pro hockey under his belt.

@PlayMakers point is dead on

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Frederic has the tools but to me he often looks disinterested. If he played assertively and moved his feet every shift he would be a premier 3rd line asset. Wagner's spirit in Frederic's body would be perfect.

This is one reason I think he'd make a better C than LWer. It's the same reason I think Coyle looks better in the middle, in both case it forces Frederic or Coyle to move their feet constantly as the C has so much more responsibility defensively and supporting the puck carrier.

Frederic would of been my permanent 4th line C after Kuraly left especially once they used an expansion protection slot on him he was carved into the roster anyways.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

That’s because Frederic is a JAG. However fans hold onto hope for draft picks for a long time and won’t give up on him.

He’s a JAG, but as long as he’s making $1m or close enough to league minimum then it really doesn’t matter and he worth keeping for a 4th line role.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
He looked like he wasn’t in the shape of an NHL player coming out of camp.
Seemed to be lagging behind his line mates in the preseason games.

Reactions: Yeti34

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
IF.. Krejci & Bergeron retire this season, and Pastrnak resigns long term, I’d take a swing at Pierre Luc Dubois. Big body, still has some improvements to make in his game but he is talented. Marchand Dubois Pastrnak would be a nice top line for the next 3-4 years while Poitras & Lysell develop.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I think moving out Gryz and replacing him with a legit top 4 D is the key to the Bruins contender chances.

Marchand-Bergeron-Debrusk
Zacha-Krejci-Pastrnak
Hall-Coyle-Smith
Greer-Nosek-Lauko

This is a legitimate Stanley Cup forward core. I can see tweaking of Marchand/Zacha/Hall as lines get stale, and potentially an upgrade on Smith, but forward wise they are close.

X-McAvoy
Lindholm-Stralman
Forbort-Carlo

I like the team a lot more if they can add move out Foligno/Reilly/Grzcelyk’s money and bring in a legit defensive top 4 d-man. I just don’t trust Grzcelyk in a long playoff run.
I wonder if Stralman plays tomorrow? Sure the Bruins won last game but there is a lot to clean up in their own zone .

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
IF.. Krejci & Bergeron retire this season, and Pastrnak resigns long term, I’d take a swing at Pierre Luc Dubois. Big body, still has some improvements to make in his game but he is talented. Marchand Dubois Pastrnak would be a nice top line for the next 3-4 years while Poitras & Lysell develop.
I believe he said he wants to go home to Montreal.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
AJ Greer shouldn't have any expectations.

He's a plug who may carve out a role on the 4th line. We signed him to play well in the AHL. If he manages to even stay up in the NHL that's a win for me.

Nothing about his journey says that he has untapped offensive potential. He will not likely do well if he continues to play on the third line.

But we can dream.

He outscored everyone in Providence last year by a fair margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad