Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I know we have never seen Marchand play anywhere but Bergeron's LW but why is he automatically the guy who can't switch sides or play with Coyle?

I think Hall is long term the best fit on the Krejci line and Zacha isn't going to really hold him off even if Pasternak and DK are playing well.

But refusing to break up Hall-Bergeron-insert RW because Marchand can't go anywhere else is stupid.

Who is the player on our team again that has won a Hart Trophy? Was 2018 really that long ago? Is this a bad problem to have?

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Who's departing with Grizz to acquire another top-4 D is the question
Teams are going to tank for Bedard. The sooner they stink. The higher their lotto chances. Don’t wait til deadline. Can be a rental. Post holidays. We’re all in. Including first. Can flip Gryzlyck + for a bigger RW who can score. Like a Jeff Carter after trading for said defenseman.

Last edited:

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I know we have never seen Marchand play anywhere but Bergeron's LW but why is he automatically the guy who can't switch sides or play with Coyle?

I think Hall is long term the best fit on the Krejci line and Zacha isn't going to really hold him off even if Pasternak and DK are playing well.

But refusing to break up Hall-Bergeron-insert RW because Marchand can't go anywhere else is stupid.

Who is the player on our team again that has won a Hart Trophy? Was 2018 really that long ago? Is this a bad problem to have?
There is no point to breakup Marchand and Bergeron at this point of their careers. They have a 6th sense type of connection.... you see it on the PK and 4 v 4 for example.

I would instead try Marchand Bergeron Hall. And drop Debrusk to the 3rd line.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Marchand - Bergeron - Hall
Zacha - Krejci - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Coyle - Studnicka
Lauko - Frederic - Smith

OR

Marchand - Bergeron - Coyle
Zacha - Krejci - Pastrnak
Hall - Studnicka - DeBrusk
Lauko - Frederic - Smith

That line of 63-37-71 could be like the old Marsh-Bergy-Seguin line. I also like JDB and Studnicka together on line 3, that's a lot of speed on the outside.

In the second version, I like having some beef on the first line with Coyle. I think they could use that in the playoffs. I also like playing Studnicka at center.

In both versions I put Smith on the 4th line or trade him for cap space and call up McLaughlin.

I like the look of the 2nd lineup, especially since it gives the team three lines scoring lines, each with a guy who can drive the play. But are the Bruins willing to give Stud and Frederic important minutes starting in their own zone?

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
We likely have a month or two, at least, before we have to make a decision. You know 63-37 and 46-88 are going to be together. See how people play together over a few weeks and put people where they fit best.

If Zacha and DeBrusk play well, I really like the idea of Hall on the 3rd line. If Coyle rebounds and plays like he’s capable of, that is a SCARY 3rd line. Nightmare matchup. Would be so nice to have a dangerous 3rd line again. I do think it’s likely he finds himself on the 46-88 line, though. Whatever the case it’s a good problem to have.

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
stud 100% needs to be in the next game and if his effort is high and he impacts the game decently, i wanna see him in the lineup until he proves he can't hang ...like at all bc foligno/nosek look replacement level at best. i hate hearing the "we cant play him at 4c bc itll hurt his 3c development OR we cant play him on the wing bc he wont progress as a center" - well he isnt doing shit on the bench or in the A really (and he'd get scooped if he were to be sent thru waivers anyhow) lets not overthink this. he's 23, a higher round pick, he's done well his last 2 training camps/preseasons...put him in!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
There is no point to breakup Marchand and Bergeron at this point of their careers. They have a 6th sense type of connection.... you see it on the PK and 4 v 4 for example.

I would instead try Marchand Bergeron Hall. And drop Debrusk to the 3rd line.

If that happens does DeBrusk go into a funk again because he's been demoted?? :dunno:

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Mid-November line up

Marchy-Bergy-Debrusk
Hall-Krejci-Pasta
Zacha-Coyle-McLaughlin
Frederic-Studnicka-Laukko
Nosek/Foligno

Greer will be sent down........guy had one good pre-season game and he was anointed the next Looch
Smith is killing the 3rd line. I'd try McLaughlin there with Coyle and Zacha when everyone is healthy.
Frederic-Studs-Laukko could be a very effective, fast paced 4th line.
Nosek/Foligno can be the extras or one of them sent to Providence.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
We likely have a month or two, at least, before we have to make a decision. You know 63-37 and 46-88 are going to be together. See how people play together over a few weeks and put people where they fit best.

If Zacha and DeBrusk play well, I really like the idea of Hall on the 3rd line. If Coyle rebounds and plays like he’s capable of, that is a SCARY 3rd line. Nightmare matchup. Would be so nice to have a dangerous 3rd line again. I do think it’s likely he finds himself on the 46-88 line, though. Whatever the case it’s a good problem to have.

Bruins are really deep at forwards and there's plenty of potential lineup options they can run with when healthy.

I agree, I think Zacha and DeBrusk playing well really pushes the depth of scoring into another level for this team. We know what we'll get from Marchand/Bergeron, Krejci/Pasta, Hall and to an extent Coyle. Zacha and DeBrusk are the wildcards. Getting them playing to their potential is key to their developments and to the team's success, which is why I'm an advocate of DeBrusk with Bergy and Zacha with Krejci. Hall transforms the third line with his talent and play driving. When it's not working or things need to be shaken up, you bump Hall up with Krejci.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
stud 100% needs to be in the next game and if his effort is high and he impacts the game decently, i wanna see him in the lineup until he proves he can't hang ...like at all bc foligno/nosek look replacement level at best. i hate hearing the "we cant play him at 4c bc itll hurt his 3c development OR we cant play him on the wing bc he wont progress as a center" - well he isnt doing shit on the bench or in the A really (and he'd get scooped if he were to be sent thru waivers anyhow) lets not overthink this. he's 23, a higher round pick, he's done well his last 2 training camps/preseasons...put him in!
I'm fine with giving Stud a run at 4C, bot not with Frederic and Lauko on his wings. If you are gonna play Stud there, he's gotta have some stability and experience on at least one of his wings.

I've seen people recommend playing a "kid line" on the 4th, and that's a huge mistake.....You aren't doing any of those 3 any favors by throwing them to the wolves on the same line together. I damn sure didn't want to see that while we were holding on to a 3-2 lead last night in the 3rd and were double-shifting guys to cover for DeBrusk.

A lot of people are down on Nosek and Foligno and some of it is justified. But ONE of those 2 guys needs to be on that 4th line if you are planning on running out kids in the other 2 spots. For me, its Nosek.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm fine with giving Stud a run at 4C, bot not with Frederic and Lauko on his wings. If you are gonna play Stud there, he's gotta have some stability and experience on at least one of his wings.

I've seen people recommend playing a "kid line" on the 4th, and that's a huge mistake.....You aren't doing any of those 3 any favors by throwing them to the wolves on the same line together. I damn sure didn't want to see that while we were holding on to a 3-2 lead last night in the 3rd and were double-shifting guys to cover for DeBrusk.

A lot of people are down on Nosek and Foligno and some of it is justified. But ONE of those 2 guys needs to be on that 4th line if you are planning on running out kids in the other 2 spots. For me, its Nosek.

What is amazing is Frederic is a 5th year pro, entering his 3rd full NHL season and yet we still don't view him as someone who can provide stability and experience. Yeah he's not that grizzled vet but he's almost 25 years old with 120 games NHL experience and past the prospect/kid stage. He should be in his prime instead he's still trying to carve out a niche role (whichever one that is I don't know at this point).

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I like the look of the 2nd lineup, especially since it gives the team three lines scoring lines, each with a guy who can drive the play. But are the Bruins willing to give Stud and Frederic important minutes starting in their own zone?

That is the rub. If you are going to epically bury your bottom six, it’s a hard place for a young C to break in, isn’t it.

Reactions: BBruins

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
It’s really nice to have a quarter of the Czech national team on the Bruins

What is amazing is Frederic is a 5th year pro, entering his 3rd full NHL season and yet we still don't view him as someone who can provide stability and experience. Yeah he's not that grizzled vet but he's almost 25 years old with 120 games NHL experience and past the prospect/kid stage. He should be in his prime instead he's still trying to carve out a niche role (whichever one that is I don't know at this point).
Fredric is looking like a bottom six agitator who has a sneaky good shot. I think he will score 10-15 goals. He likes to hit a bit too. He isn’t so bad.

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
I hope they end up trying for three first lines and a fourth:

MAR/BER/LAU
ZAC/KRE/PAS
HAL/STU/DeB
FRE(GRE)/COY/SMI
LIN/McA
GRZ/CAR
FOR/ZBO(STR)
ULL
SWA

I guess that might be more like two first lines and two thirds. I'd hope that Reilly and Clifton and even Nosek were still options in case of injury, but I'd certainly understand if any of the "fourth-liners" -- forward and/or defense -- go in efforts to add a star right wing. in this scenario in my mind, Studnicka and Carlo would have medium-length (or shorter) leashes before being replaced by Frederic and Clifton; Carlo and Coyle would be actively shopped.

balancing the talent would/should overwhelm lesser matchups while likely not struggling much against any potentially overloaded opposing line. it's quite a roster to work with and this season will be interesting regardless of how it plays out. this Bruins team is very good without Marchand and McAvoy. unless a bunch of injuries plague the time before those stars return, this team is going to dominate.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I hope they end up trying for three first lines and a fourth:

MAR/BER/LAU
ZAC/KRE/PAS
HAL/STU/DeB
FRE(GRE)/COY/SMI
LIN/McA
GRZ/CAR
FOR/ZBO(STR)
ULL
SWA

I guess that might be more like two first lines and two thirds. I'd hope that Reilly and Clifton and even Nosek were still options in case of injury, but I'd certainly understand if any of the "fourth-liners" -- forward and/or defense -- go in efforts to add a star right wing. in this scenario in my mind, Studnicka and Carlo would have medium-length (or shorter) leashes before being replaced by Frederic and Clifton; Carlo and Coyle would be actively shopped.

balancing the talent would/should overwhelm lesser matchups while likely not struggling much against any potentially overloaded opposing line. it's quite a roster to work with and this season will be interesting regardless of how it plays out. this Bruins team is very good without Marchand and McAvoy. unless a bunch of injuries plague the time before those stars return, this team is going to dominate.
We’re putting Lauko on the first line now? Sheesh.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
It’s really nice to have a quarter of the Czech national team on the Bruins

Fredric is looking like a bottom six agitator who has a sneaky good shot. I think he will score 10-15 goals. He likes to hit a bit too. He isn’t so bad.
At this point, I'd actually rather Frederic grow with a permanent role than trying shoehorn the ghost of Foligno into the starting roster.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
What's more amazing to me is that people don't think 24 year old Frederic deserves any more time to develop yet are all excited to see what 25 year old Greer can do!

:huh:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
What's more amazing to me is that people don't think 24 year old Frederic deserves any more time to develop yet are all excited to see what 25 year old Greer can do!

:huh:
Frederic has had time to develop...and he hasn't produced.

Not sure what you do with him but I still view him as JAG. I would prefer to see Studnicka/McLaughlin/Lauko ahead of Frederic. Greer showed some flashes last night. He certainly didn't hurt the team.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad