Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
2 years ago the 32nd pick would have been a second rounder. Most here probably would be okay with trading "a second rounder".
You would have to think that this year's 1st aka an old 2nd, is as good as gone. No way the team does not patch any holes they can at or near the deadline with the season they're having. Stanley Cup is one if not the hardest trophies to win. After 2019 I thought we were going to be years away from ever competing for the cup again........I was wrong.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
2 years ago the 32nd pick would have been a second rounder. Most here probably would be okay with trading "a second rounder".
No issue trading a first round pick with a "top" prospect for a proven player in/entering his prime that will be resigned and part of the team (I.E. Lindholm last year). I mean picking that late in the round that's who you are hoping to pick right? A top pairing D, Top six winger/center etc. Trade it for Horvat or Larkin, go get the proven commodity that fits in better with the new cores age (24-28) than hoping you hit on a pick that wont pan out for 3 years. would love to trade Gryz in the offseason to get back into the 2nd if hes worth that much ( I think he is to a lot of GMs)

dont throw it away in a deal for a washed up UFA like Toews, that's all I'll say...

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I have no issues with trading the first-round pick. However, if we are going to spend the first, I would like to improve the cap situation at the same time as improving the team.

Issue #1A Win the cup.
Issue #1B Sign Pasta
Issue #3 Ice a competitive team next year

Given that, I would include almost any prospect or pick for the right deal. I prefer not to use Lohrei or Lysell, as they could be part of next year's budget savings, but I would certainly use one of the two in a deal that improved our chances this year and next. I presume that opening cap space and remaining competitive make the Pasta signing a no-brainer.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
I don't think they can solve our cap situation that easy. By adding an improvement over Forbort + getting some cap relief they need him to be in any such deal + Reilly. Gavrikov would be nice, I just don't think they can re-sign him that's why I'm not sure I'd trade Forbort. As a pure rental and no Forbort attached to said deal, that's another story.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Yeah I brought up Gavrikov as a pure rental. I don't think there's a chance in hell to resign him and I don't think that's such a big deal. Dom said it best, that #1 was once a #2. The storybook ending for 37 and 46 involves raising a cup to the heavens once more. That cup probably puts Marchand in the HOF too. I'm not going to nitpick over a super late pick when Sweeney has done a pretty darn decent job with the retool. It's also funny how easily I forget that 73/88/13/71/17 etc are all playing for their first. Imagine how hungry they must be.

I do think it would be super interesting to incentivize the Jackets or others to take some cap scraps to try and get some of that bonus money in this year (in theory that's possible with some, right?).

I also wonder what year it'll be when it's too much of a luxury to have both Linus and Swayman. It's not this year, it's probably not next. But soon it's most likely not possible to carry both. Maybe then we can solve 1 more issue.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Ya'll and your insight are important.

I think that the Bruins brain trust will want to add to the room not take away from it.

So it feels like tertiary players like Smith, Zbolril, Wagner, and Rielly are the ones the Bruins would let go cap wise.

I would expect picks and prospects for any significant add that would require the other team to take on salary.

Gavrikov is an interesting name,

I would circle back around on Kulikov, he would be a decent add for depth

Of course Shenn a second tier type guy

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I'd happily move the 1st and a prospect not named Lysell for Horvat.

Not only does it solve the C problem moving forward but it also signals to Pastrnak that this team is going to continue to be a force in the east.

Vancouver will retain if the right package is brought forward. Seravalli reported Horvat and Boston last week and it is brought up daily here in Vancouver as the prime landing destination.

I'd post it here when it comes up for people to read but the hurdles to even log into HF so they can show me 900 adds each refresh is just too much to deal with. Even this post took 8 refresh/backs + Clear history.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

Not only does it solve the C problem moving forward but it also signals to Pastrnak that this team is going to continue to be a force in the east.

Vancouver will retain if the right package is brought forward. Seravalli reported Horvat and Boston last week and it is brought up daily here in Vancouver as the prime landing destination.

I'd post it here when it comes up for people to read but the hurdles to even log into HF so they can show me 900 adds each refresh is just too much to deal with. Even this post took 8 refresh/backs + Clear history.

I've always thought that the Bruins might take a run at Horvat after this season when he's a UFA, of course it depends on what Bergeron and Krejci do. To trade for him during the season barring a serious injury to one of our top 3 centers seems unlikely.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020

I don't really understand where you want to dress him. Bergy's wing and move Debrusk to line 3?

I don't really know why we'd want to totally change 2 lines that were definitely already working when Debrusk was healthy. Hall-Coyle-Freddy works as line 3. I guess you want Foligno and Freddy on line 4?

I think there's almost no chance they shake up the top 9 that much on a team that has lost a whole 4 games in regulation. Now if a major injury comes (touch wood).

Reactions: PlayMakers

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I don't really understand where you want to dress him. Bergy's wing and move Debrusk to line 3?

I don't really know why we'd want to totally change 2 lines that were definitely already working when Debrusk was healthy. Hall-Coyle-Freddy works as line 3. I guess you want Foligno and Freddy on line 4?

I think there's almost no chance they shake up the top 9 that much on a team that has lost a whole 4 games in regulation. Now if a major injury comes (touch wood).

Maybe you structure your lineup/Horvat’s place in it intentionally sub-optimal in an attempt to balance this year with the future roster needs aka a bona fide pivot

Reactions: Gordoff

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I don not agree with making Forbort a 7th D, actually it’s ridiculous
He is your #1 Pk guy this is crazy talk
I like Forbort, but he's been struggling all around lately. People are only saying to move him to 7th D if they get a guy like Gavrikov, who i believe PKs as well

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I've always thought that the Bruins might take a run at Horvat after this season when he's a UFA, of course it depends on what Bergeron and Krejci do. To trade for him during the season barring a serious injury to one of our top 3 centers seems unlikely.

Agreed. Bruins are already deep at center when healthy, with Zacha and Frederic being next men up when there is an injury. There just isn't any room for Horvat right now, unless you're including Zacha or DeBrusk in the deal.

Next year could be different but I would rather they turn to an outside solution if and when that happens. For all we know, Bergeron and Krejci both sign again for another year after the dust of this season settles.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Agreed. Bruins are already deep at center when healthy, with Zacha and Frederic being next men up when there is an injury. There just isn't any room for Horvat right now, unless you're including Zacha or DeBrusk in the deal.

Next year could be different but I would rather they turn to an outside solution if and when that happens. For all we know, Bergeron and Krejci both sign again for another year after the dust of this season settles.
If that dust settles on them holding the cup, I would guess both of them go out on top.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Koppanen era starting tomorrow night....damn i was hopping for more grit, not more butter...lets see what he s got...

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Any chance this Gavrikov could be a Seidenberg type add?

My question is could Gavrikov (or another D for that matter) come in at the deadline and adjust to the Bruins defensive system quick enough to be an effective addition?

I'm quoting your post because you mention Seidenberg who seemed to grasp playing D for the Bruins very quickly before he messed up his wrist in 2010 and missed the remainder of the year.

Seems like past history has shown that bringing D-men in here at the deadline has been more misses than hits. Even Lindholm last year didn't look terribly comfortable. Granted Monty has made some changes but the fact remains for any team, the D need to adjust to the new teams system and sometimes it doesn't happen fast enough to make a positive impact.

Just food for thought that's all.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Does it though? It seems like it would take some serious cap maneuvering to be able to sign both Pastrnak and Horvat. Right now CF says Boston will have roughly $26.5 million in cap space next year. Just spitballing some quick numbers:

Pastrnak - $11 million
Horvat - $8 million

That's 70% of your cap space right there. Unless they clear cap space this season, factor in another $4.5 million in bonuses from 37/46. Now you're sitting at just shy of 90% of your cap space consumed on 3 things. That leaves the following guys to re-sign:

Bergeron*
Krejci*
Zacha
Swayman
Frederic
Clifton
Foligno

*assuming they don't retire

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
My question is could Gavrikov (or another D for that matter) come in at the deadline and adjust to the Bruins defensive system quick enough to be an effective addition?

I'm quoting your post because you mention Seidenberg who seemed to grasp playing D for the Bruins very quickly before he messed up his wrist in 2010 and missed the remainder of the year.

Seems like past history has shown that bringing D-men in here at the deadline has been more misses than hits. Even Lindholm last year didn't look terribly comfortable. Granted Monty has made some changes but the fact remains for any team, the D need to adjust to the new teams system and sometimes it doesn't happen fast enough to make a positive impact.

Just food for thought that's all.
That’s an unfortunate reality. I had come here to ask whether Provorov could play both sides and what he might cost. Guess it doesn’t matter given he has a monster deal we can’t afford. 6/40.5.

Reactions: BruinDust

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I don not agree with making Forbort a 7th D, actually it’s ridiculous
He is your #1 Pk guy this is crazy talk
Where is all the love he was getting before he got hurt , rave reviews last year playoffs ........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad