Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Bruins this season are way better structured. Return of Krejci helped a lot. Zacha looks a better fit than Haula. Foligno not sucking like last season is a nice surprise as well. In terms of balance the lines are deep and can keep the pressure on an opposing team.
However the game with Arizona or Vegas has shown that if Bruins are matched in skating and intensity they are beatable.

The real concern is D. It really has not improved that much over the last 2 seasons. Grzelcyk has proved he is not a top 4 D. Either he got outmuscled or injured in the playoffs. Clifton is a great depth guy but has no skill or size to be on a cup winning team. Forbort is purely a human buffer who sacrifices his body on PK. Carlo can be injury prone and does crack if he is asked to do too much or if he has to cover for a small /undersized D partner. McAvoy and Lindholm are good but not great. Neither or them can clean 6 ft 4 220lb body from the blue paint. Also their role on the PP is just to distribute the puck, neither ever takes a slap shot, occasionally a wrist shot if the goalie is screened.
The ideal D candidate would be a top 4 left D with a big body, with a hard slap shot and not afraid to move opposing forward out of the blue paint on PK. If by that description came to your mind a prime Chara it's just a pure coincidence.

What?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
1 PP goal combined between two of them is not much of greatness.
Lindholm's slapshot is underwhelmed. McAvoy's slapshot is most of the time either blocked or not accurate.

Odd way of defining what makes a dman great.

McAvoy is playing at 70 points per game pace since he came back. Lindholm is playing at a 60 point pace.

These two dmen are studs and are locked up for a long time.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
jesus christ this board has really gone into the shitter. i guess should know better than to check the trade proposals thread at a time when the Bruins have very few flaws or needs, but good lord the discourse here is distressing.

People are so confused by the team being this good they are melting. Something must be broken!

What's happened with Greer?

He seemed to have a hot start but only 1 shot in the last 5 games.

He is what he is, bottom line depth.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Cale Makar has two (2) PP goals this season. Josh Morissey has one (1). Others with one include Adam Fox, Shea Theodore, Alex Pietrangelo, Dougie Hamilton, Miro Heiskanen, Aaron Ekblad, and John Carlson.
you're definitely gonna win this guy over with a reasoned argument.

i'm not trying to tell you how to post but come on

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
you're definitely gonna win this guy over with a reasoned argument.

i'm not trying to tell you how to post but come on
You’re right - should have gone with a GIF. Sorry about that.

89DF524B-5115-4445-BA31-569EFDBB387D.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Cale Makar has two (2) PP goals this season. Josh Morissey has one (1). Others with one include Adam Fox, Shea Theodore, Alex Pietrangelo, Dougie Hamilton, Miro Heiskanen, Aaron Ekblad, and John Carlson.
It's almost like dmen are called PPQBs because of the fact their main objective is to dish the puck to other people like a QB dishes the ball....

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
You watching a different 4th line than me? Foligno is on pace for like 40 points. Greer hits and fights and scores a bit for a forth liner and Nosek is a great penalty killer.

And then add in lindholm and saying he makes no difference from two years ago. Crazyness.
Foligno is not getting points playing with
You watching a different 4th line than me? Foligno is on pace for like 40 points. Greer hits and fights and scores a bit for a forth liner and Nosek is a great penalty killer.

And then add in lindholm and saying he makes no difference from two years ago. Crazyness.
Yes you must be,

Greer can't stay in the line up,Nosek kills penalties Foligno can't do squat when he's on the ice with the forth line.

What does any of this have to do with my concern with 5 on 5 momentum changes in a heated playoff series. Its a safe line , I will give you that

Like I said its working in the regular season it won't in the playoffs. Bottom two lines are extremely important lines in playoff success and in my opinion we need an upgrade

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Foligno is not getting points playing with

Yes you must be,

Greer can't stay in the line up,Nosek kills penalties Foligno can't do squat when he's on the ice with the forth line.

What does any of this have to do with my concern with 5 on 5 momentum changes in a heated playoff series. Its a safe line , I will give you that

Like I said its working in the regular season it won't in the playoffs. Bottom two lines are extremely important lines in playoff success and in my opinion we need an upgrade

Foligno is 18 goals for and 9 goals against at 5v5 this year.

Nosek is 10 and 6. At 5v5.

Those are your two most constant 4th liners. If you want to upgrade greer/smith I’m with you. But the stats for the 4th line don’t match your description.

They are almost doubling up their opposition in goals at 5v5.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Those of you who are complaining about 40 point fourth liners and defensemen not scoring PP goals on a team which is setting all time NHL records on an almost daily basis should be forced to watch every game coached by Dave Lewis and/or Robbie Ftorek on a loop, with your eyes pinned open Clockwork Orange style.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Foligno is 18 goals for and 9 goals against at 5v5 this year.

Nosek is 10 and 6. At 5v5.

Those are your two most constant 4th liners. If you want to upgrade greer/smith I’m with you. But the stats for the 4th line don’t match your description.

They are almost doubling up their opposition in goals at 5v5.
Lets see it play out, then we can go over what I said. I almost guaranty we see a different group come playoff time.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Imagine having a #1 defenseman on your favorite team who only just turned 25, has the best +/- of anyone who plays his position since he's been in the league, has finished top 5 in Norris votes two seasons in a row, and thinking he's not great.
That Lindholm(on pace for 60 pts. ) sure sucks, too, eh?

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Those of you who are complaining about 40 point fourth liners and defensemen not scoring PP goals on a team which is setting all time NHL records on an almost daily basis should be forced to watch every game coached by Dave Lewis and/or Robbie Ftorek on a loop, with your eyes pinned open Clockwork Orange style.
A fourth liner with 40 points? who is that? Maybe you should unpin your eyes and stop playing video games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad