Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
IMO we need a knuckle dragger or two with bad attitudes who can clear the front of the net and a forward.
Regarding the forward, I've seen names thrown around here, but give me
someone who's hungry, has an expiring contract and can throw his weight around.
Is that too much to ask?
To me, Luke Schenn is the obvious pick up on the blueline, but every team sniffing the playoffs will be in on him

Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
To me, Luke Schenn is the obvious pick up on the blueline, but every team sniffing the playoffs will be in on him
Unless Forbort gets hurt, I don’t know how he fits. I know the default setting is that we need knuckle draggers who punch things but how does that fit this team? I’d like to get good hockey players instead of big guys who can’t keep up.

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
Unless Forbort gets hurt, I don’t know how he fits. I know the default setting is that we need knuckle draggers who punch things but how does that fit this team? I’d like to get good hockey players instead of big guys who can’t keep up.
Totally agree. I’ve watched both many times this year and as punishing as Schenn has been, Forbort has been all that and more IMO.

Reactions: bbfan419

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
We have no money..

Ready

Set

Go!

Not only us, but the majority of the league! I’m fine with the way the team is anyways. If they can flip a mid level prospect and reilly or smith for someone a little better then that’s great.

I feel as though the trade deadline is going to be a nightmare for teams trying to unload cap to fit trades in and acquiring teams will have to sweeten deals to unload money. Not worth the bruins overpaying for talent when they have four losses 40% of the way through the season. “If it’s not broke don’t fix it”

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
Couple depth guys who are hard to play against wouldn’t hurt though.
Certainly wouldn’t. I was surprised when I saw us 15th in total team hits. Having Marchy and MacAvoy out for a while partially explains that, but is still a little concerning.

It would also be nice to have a skilled right shooting winger to give a different look as we’re being scrutinized so hard.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Certainly wouldn’t. I was surprised when I saw us 15th in total team hits. Having Marchy and MacAvoy out for a while partially explains that, but is still a little concerning.

It would also be nice to have a skilled right shooting winger to give a different look as we’re being scrutinized so hard.

Meh, hit stats are very subjective and you only get them when you don’t have the puck and we have the puck a lot.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
add depth and keep your number 1 unless it really impossible to say no
This sums it up pretty well. This seems like a year where if we remain healthy, less is more when it comes to this deadline. Maybe a 3RW if you wanna bump Freddy down and make Greer/Smith extra forwards. Maybe some depth guys at all postions. But we don't need to be going out getting Toews, Kane, or whatever other big name is floating out there.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
We definitely don’t need fighters in the playoffs when there is no fighting.

Couple depth guys who are hard to play against wouldn’t hurt though.
There are no "fighters" left in the league with the exception of Ryan Reaves and O'Brien. However getting a hard to play against guy who will fight is a different issue. DuHaime, Marcus Foligno, Scheen, Gudas, Jeannot or Middleton would all be nice additions.

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
How about big knuckle draggers who CAN keep up? Don't ask me who. The problem is (and you've probably figured this out) I'm seldom happy.
It's tough to be this way but it's gotten me a long way in life.
Honestly, you (and Gordon Howe) are correct and I know that!
Happy New Year, it's gonna be a blast!

Reactions: bbfan419 and ylekot

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
How about big knuckle draggers who CAN keep up? Don't ask me who. The problem is (and you've probably figured this out) I'm seldom happy.
It's tough to be this way but it's gotten me a long way in life.
Honestly, you (and Gordon Howe) are correct and I know that!
Happy New Year, it's gonna be a blast!
I’m wrong most of the time.

I’m more saying that other teams have missed toughness. This one doesn’t feel like it does. They’re really hard to play against. I don’t see the need to add toughness - I’d be after the best 2nd/3rd line wing type I can find. Smith has to go and Greer is fine for depth. I’d be surprised if Greer gets playoff minutes - he’s a guy who gets you to May but not a guy you play in May.

He’s not available or plausible, but think someone like David Perron. 100 career playoff games. Older but hasn’t lost his wheels. It’s that kind of archetype I want. Problem is there really aren’t many UFAs that fit that mold, and I can’t see getting another winger with term.

On defense I want a good depth defenseman who can fill in if McAvoy/Lindholm/Grizz/Carlo go down. Probably have the guy in Providence. But if not -someone versatile, not a Forbort type.

I have the first and any prospect not named Lysell or Lohrei in play.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia

I’m more saying that other teams have missed toughness. This one doesn’t feel like it does. They’re really hard to play against. I don’t see the need to add toughness - I’d be after the best 2nd/3rd line wing type I can find. Smith has to go and Greer is fine for depth. I’d be surprised if Greer gets playoff minutes - he’s a guy who gets you to May but not a guy you play in May.

He’s not available or plausible, but think someone like David Perron. 100 career playoff games. Older but hasn’t lost his wheels. It’s that kind of archetype I want. Problem is there really aren’t many UFAs that fit that mold, and I can’t see getting another winger with term.

On defense I want a good depth defenseman who can fill in if McAvoy/Lindholm/Grizz/Carlo go down. Probably have the guy in Providence. But if not -someone versatile, not a Forbort type.

All I want to say, is as much as I love the Bruins, the team, as presently structured is not tough enough to win 16 playoff games. You have to shelter soft players , our D concerns me. I truly feel an impact trade needs to be made. Carlo and Forbort need to remain to handle the heavy work but we need another D for the PK to not have to ask our top two D 27.and 73 spending to much time doing the heavy work

Reactions: elMatador

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

Gus Nyquist could fit the bill

I'd also look at Oskar Sundqvist as a 4th line option who can wreak some havoc and chip in some points.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
All I want to say, is as much as I love the Bruins, the team, as presently structured is not tough enough to win 16 playoff games. You have to shelter soft players , our D concerns me. I truly feel an impact trade needs to be made. Carlo and Forbort need to remain to handle the heavy work but we need another D for the PK to not have to ask our top two D 27.and 73 spending to much time doing the heavy work
what teams do you think they're playing that are going to have a significant physical advantage over the Bruins? It's not like they're gonna run into the 2012 Kings or whoever. Basically every team exhibits the "flaws" that you claim the Bruins have. And teams that might be slightly more physical than them are trading that for a disadvantage in some other area. Much softer teams than this one have won Cups.

Depth is what wins in the playoffs above all else. That should be the goal: improve depth at all positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad