Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I don’t know my target yet. Let’s assume Ullmark has a great playoff run. Bergy retires.

What could we get for; Swayman, Gryzlyck and a 1st draft night?
I feel Gryzlyck should be moved if you are going all in . His in ability to handle the physical rigors of playoff hockey is real. I also think he should bring a descant return.

I do not agree with moving Swayman. He is the future starter.

The Bruins need to keep there 1st . Remaining competitive , creates a winning culture

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
Dmitry Vladimirovich Kulikov is a nasty bit of depth business on an expiring contract that I’d love to have for a run. I never see the Ducks play so don’t know what kind of year he’s having but he’s always been difficult to play against.

Reactions: HustleB

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Dmitry Vladimirovich Kulikov is a nasty bit of depth business on an expiring contract that I’d love to have for a run. I never see the Ducks play so don’t know what kind of year he’s having but he’s always been difficult to play against.

Hmm, have to keep that one in mind. Thy should get an upgrade on Zboril. DVK, nay not be a good enough one though. He is fast and nasty but not particularly responsible. He has made the circuit of bottom third teams and rarely improved them.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I feel Gryzlyck should be moved if you are going all in . His in ability to handle the physical rigors of playoff hockey is real. I also think he should bring a descant return.

The Bruins need to keep there 1st . Remaining competitive , creates a winning culture
I have always liked Gryz but he has gets beat up in the playoffs and effects his play , he also has a contract that would be cap relief. Swayman gets moved I hope there is a backup in mind that they can obtain . My fear is that any money saved with moves will be used for Clifton , who I think should be moved to sweeten the pot for any deal that will improve this team now............

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I have always liked Gryz but he has gets beat up in the playoffs and effects his play , he also has a contract that would be cap relief. Swayman gets moved I hope there is a backup in mind that they can obtain . My fear is that any money saved with moves will be used for Clifton , who I think should be moved to sweeten the pot for any deal that will improve this team now............
So we’re trading two (2) top four defensemen off a team that is number 1 in the league for goals prevented?

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North

I feel like some Bruin fans were in a coma in 2018-19 playoff run when I keep reading this he basically had one bad game. He can play with basically anyone and I‘m beginning to think he’s probably one of if not the most underrated player on this team by the fans all cause he’s small no credit for him putting himself in position to steal pucks or out skate someone even his puck moving skills it’s all about certain players on a team taking liberties at him in certain moments and there really isn’t that many players that can expose this cause of Gryzlyck edge work skill and speed but hey maybe I’m in the coma and dreaming of this..

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
So we’re trading two (2) top four defensemen off a team that is number 1 in the league for goals prevented?
Clifton is not a top four defenseman , I know everyone around would like to believe that and he is going to be looking for a raise that I do not think he is worth it.....Gryz is a solid guy when healthy but does get worn down . Neither one can move a body out in front of the net . I also never said moving both , I said moving Gryz helps the cap and Clifton is due a raise that I don't think I would to invest in. When you move one or both and when that happens you will replace them ............I know there is talk that moving Carlo is a option I would not go there he is younger than both and a good contract..........

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Clifton is not a top four defenseman , I know everyone around would like to believe that and he is going to be looking for a raise that I do not think he is worth it.....Gryz is a solid guy when healthy but does get worn down . Neither one can move a body out in front of the net . I also never said moving both , I said moving Gryz helps the cap and Clifton is due a raise that I don't think I would to invest in. When you move one or both and when that happens you will replace them ............I know there is talk that moving Carlo is a option I would not go there he is younger than both and a good contract..........
Yeah ok. Lol.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Kincaid should be trade bait long before Sway
Right or Dipietro and Keyser for that matter too. I just think Sway is the only one with value. Not that I would move Sway under any circumstances. I would not disrupt this team too far. I would try to move Reilly and Smith. Some money towards bonuses and then other money towards a depth forward and depth D.

I agree I wouldn't trade Swayman, but also see no correlation to Kinkaid other then sport and position.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Lots of goalies in the pipe, I wouldn't move on Sway, even if hes not the next Tuukka he will be a great no1 in this league. Two very promising prospects between Bussi and Svedeback though if teams come asking.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
If Linus does become a cup winning Vezina winning goalie, it'll become harder and harder to keep Swayman here for a lot of reasons.

I'm not in the trade camp, but it's not impossible. If we got quality Linus years until his mid 30's, eating up Swayman's potential on 25 starts a year isn't great for Swayman either.

It's funny 3 months ago I was sure this would be the last season here for Linus and we'd trade him for some decent value and up Swayman. Now I really don't know how it'll play out. I guess two year bridge for Swayman till Linus is a UFA.

Reactions: 13Hockey

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
You mean a waiver-wire goalie that likely has zero value?

I mean, I WOULD NOT look to trade Swayman at all. But Kincaid, I really can't see having ANY real value around the league. He's a contract spot and a 3rd goalie at best for most teams. Trade bait would imply that there's an interest leaguewide for him, which I doubt there is at any impactful level.

Reactions: Hookslide

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I don’t know my target yet. Let’s assume Ullmark has a great playoff run. Bergy retires.

What could we get for; Swayman, Gryzlyck and a 1st draft night?
Swayman isn't being traded, again, when talking goalie depth.... do you have complete faith, in Kinkaid/Keyser/DiPietro long term and from what we've seen of Mike DiPietro to date since the Studnicka trade isn't promising

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
You mean a waiver-wire goalie that likely has zero value?

I mean, I WOULD NOT look to trade Swayman at all. But Kincaid, I really can't see having ANY real value around the league. He's a contract spot and a 3rd goalie at best for most teams. Trade bait would imply that there's an interest leaguewide for him, which I doubt there is at any impactful level.
Petty sure Alberta Bruin (rip) did analysis and post on how Goalies don't bring much in trade value even very good goalies.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
The search for a new whipping boy is well under way I see.

I think we should probably try and keep this locker room chemistry together for as long as possible.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Not sure why anyone would want to disrupt this dressing room? I understand some of the ideas being thrown around but they seem like off season moves. Why can't they just do what they can to trade Reilly, Smith and maybe a goalie prospect etc. Adding picks or prospects to get rid of these contracts means going all in to me. Wait until the deadline and add as needed. Another depth d man like Kulikov and a forward? Maybe Lysell/McG/others can also help.
Don't fix what isn't broken. Only issue is cap and moving Reilly and Smith should be the only focus right now. My thoughts anyways...

Only move I would be happy with is spending assets on a centre for the long term but that should be done in the offseason while holding assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad