Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Yea I was looking but a good GM finds ways when u have shot at Cup View attachment 615052

What are you figuring Wally ?Any ideas how they could add this guy for playoff run.Love to shed Reilly or Smith coin.
Any deal bringing someone in of worth or note involves salary going out.

I foresee a few "middle-men" trade partners this year retaining on some salaries.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Any deal bringing someone in of worth or note involves salary going out.

I foresee a few "middle-men" trade partners this year retaining on some salaries.
O Reilly would be my target 100% .His salary will be mostly paid by deadline (correct?)and UFA to be.Does that cap hit stil count regardless money owed?Not a cap guy lol

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
Reilly would be my target 100% .His salary will be mostly paid by deadline (correct?)and UFA to be.
Smith is the UFA-to-be. Reilly has another year, which I think some have already stated was the reason no one would take him.

Add in, his base salary is 4M next year; so his salary is even more than cap hit. (and buyout would be higher as well)

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Smith is the UFA-to-be. Reilly has another year, which I think some have already stated was the reason no one would take him.

Add in, his base salary is 4M next year; so his salary is even more than cap hit. (and buyout would be higher as well)
I meant Ryan O'Reilly sorry. Assume anything Bruins do hinges on shedding one of those 2

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
I meant Ryan O'Reilly sorry. Assume anything Bruins do hinges on shedding one of those 2
Oh yea, I'd be open to that if we could make the money work. I'd personally be open to O'Reilly (EDIT, I did the same thing, missing the O) or Horvat if we can make it work. Short-term and long-term fixes if we can get them to stay.

Taking that pesty REILLY deal would be a godsend; but imagine that increases to the price of whatever player we want. And I see us doing it.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Oh yea, I'd be open to that if we could make the money work. I'd personally be open to O'Reilly (EDIT, I did the same thing, missing the O) or Horvat if we can make it work. Short-term and long-term fixes if we can get them to stay.

Taking that pesty REILLY deal would be a godsend; but imagine that increases to the price of whatever player we want. And I see us doing it.
One question.OReilly salary be mostly paid by deadline.Does the cap hit still count against regardless of salary owed. I am assuming it does .Sorry this stuff is not my area.I know a good player part though lol

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
IF they're going to do anything at the deadline, I'd hope it would be to add a defenseman.

It seems as if the forward depth is there.

If they could grab a guy to bolster their back end, I think that would be more valuable in the playoffs.

As much as I hate to say it --- I think we all know that for a cup run, there's a chance they'll need to use 9-10 defensemen. If they could get someone on an expiring contract who is good enough to slot into the 4/5 spot if needed, I'd feel a lot better about things in the spring. Unless they think that Lohrei can be that guy?

For me:

Grzelcyk - McAvoy
Carlo - Lindhom
Clifton - Forbert

????, Zboril, Reilly, Stralman

Reactions: HustleB

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
wouldn't Krejci's just roll over to next year's cap?
I think all 4 million of Krejci and Bergeron's bonuses + whatever bonus Swayman gets on his ELC, will slide to next year. Effectively will negate any cap increase the league sees. That + extensions for Pasta and Swayman and we don't exactly have cap space for the #1 center so many are calling for us to trade for.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
read doms breakdown of how Gold did it. Above your post.
I read it and it was well written, but if I told you I understood my nose might grow an inch. I remain lost.

In my ideal short term scenario I’d still try like hell to move Reilly.
Then bring Stralman back up to complete the roster.
Bank the ~ 2 million difference for a rainy day. ( or towards bonus carryover)
I prefer to move Smith, but otherwise I agree.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
The d pairs are tough right now.

I too would like them to split up McAvoy and Lindholm to spread it out.
Lindholm/Clifton has been downright dominate at times and we all know McAvoy/Gryz just works.
Worried a Forbort Carlo pairing might have a tough time transitioning but they certainly could be used as a pure shut down pairing.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Lindholm/Clifton has been downright dominate at times and we all know McAvoy/Gryz just works.
Worried a Forbort Carlo pairing might have a tough time transitioning but they certainly could be used as a pure shut down pairing.

I always felt that Carlo's transition work was sound. He's a good skater (very good for his size) and he makes a good first pass.

He's limited in that he never rushes the puck much and he's still not terribly effective in the offensive zone.

But deployed right Forbort paired with Carlo should be fine.

Reactions: bme44

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

So by doing your set of pairings you are increasing Cliftons ice time , recipe for disaster.........

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
So curious if Stralman actually reports
I doubt it, saves the Bruins a roster spot if he agrees to term at least. They'll have to give up assets now for a #4 RD on the Depth chart but there are likely others available in a Reilly swap that will give you equal or better play.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
I think all 4 million of Krejci and Bergeron's bonuses + whatever bonus Swayman gets on his ELC, will slide to next year. Effectively will negate any cap increase the league sees. That + extensions for Pasta and Swayman and we don't exactly have cap space for the #1 center so many are calling for us to trade for.
I don’t know my target yet. Let’s assume Ullmark has a great playoff run. Bergy retires.

What could we get for; Swayman, Gryzlyck and a 1st draft night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad