Confirmed with Link: ‏CBJ sign Nathan Horton to a 7 year, 37.1 Mil. contract.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
WELCOME TO COLUMBUS NATHAN HORTON!!!!!

picture.php

Might be the scariest thing I've ever seen.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Unreal how HF just doesn't seem to understand how free agency works. Every. single. year. If you want a guy, you pay him what he wants or he goes to another team that is willing to meet his demands, and you're left with nothing, or scrambling to sign someone on the 3rd or 4th tier. This isn't the time to lowball someone.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
Unreal how HF just doesn't seem to understand how free agency works. Every. single. year. If you want a guy, you pay him what he wants or he goes to another team that is willing to meet his demands, and you're left with nothing, or scrambling to sign someone on the 3rd or 4th tier. This isn't the time to lowball someone.

Look at the number of buyouts this year. Most of them were originally UFA signings.

Just because every other GM is acting like they just lost 50 IQ points today doesn't mean everyone is going to get excited when their GM does it too.

You're right, though, this is the way the game is played.

but...

6a0120a85dcdae970b0128777073eb970c-pi

quotes

Chris Phifer

Oct 16, 2006
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Gaborik
Foligno-Johansen-Horton
Umberger-Letestu-Atkinson
Calvert-MacKenzie-Boll/Comeau

I like their depth on the wings, I also love JMFJ, but are Anisimov, Johansen and Letestu good enough to make them really contend in the west? I don't see many Columbus games, I'm not trying to under-rate these players at all, just looking for the opinion of someone who watches them more than once or twice a year.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I like their depth on the wings, I also love JMFJ, but are Anisimov, Johansen and Letestu good enough to make them really contend in the west? I don't see many Columbus games, I'm not trying to under-rate these players at all, just looking for the opinion of someone who watches them more than once or twice a year.

We are in the East now. :)

Anisimov and Letestu broke out last year, if Anisimov is healthy, I can see him getting 50 points or more. Also Johansen showed some spurts, and can breakout at any time.

Chris Phifer

Oct 16, 2006
What are the odds Boone Jenner can step right in and steal the 4th line center spot from Derek Mackenzie?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
What are the odds Boone Jenner can step right in and steal the 4th line center spot from Derek Mackenzie?

He probably could if they wanted him to, but they wouldn't want him to play 4th line. Rather him develop his offensive game in the A than that. MacK is solid anyway.

Chris Phifer

Oct 16, 2006
We are in the East now. :)

Anisimov and Letestu broke out last year, if Anisimov is healthy, I can see him getting 50 points or more. Also Johansen showed some spurts, and can breakout at any time.

My bad, I forgot they moved over. Guess I should see a few more of their games this year then, GO HABS GO!!! haha

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
What do Columbus' lines look like now? I don't really know who centers what line.

I hate Foligno on the top 2 lines but someone has to play there so I'd put Atkinson & Letestu there on the top 2 lines.

Atkinson - Arty - Gaborik
Letestu- Dubinsky - Horton
Foligno - Joey - Umberger (all could play higher but need to prove it)
Calvert - MacKenzie - Comeau/Boll

Until Horton is ready its a mix 'n match until they find the right combos.

Or we could sign Vinnie and move him around to fill gaps:deadhorse

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
i would switch Umby and Calvert...but yeah...and just shows how there's no room for a $2m Vinny

Who's going to be there the first few months of the season.

Who's going to be there when somebody/anybody gets hurt?

You can't just have 12 guys and call it good for the season.

General Jacket70

Jul 26, 2002
Anchorage, AK
Visit site
unreal how hf just doesn't seem to understand how free agency works. Every. Single. Year. If you want a guy, you pay him what he wants or he goes to another team that is willing to meet his demands, and you're left with nothing, or scrambling to sign someone on the 3rd or 4th tier. This isn't the time to lowball someone.

Exactly!

look at the number of buyouts this year. Most of them were originally ufa signings.

Just because every other gm is acting like they just lost 50 iq points today doesn't mean everyone is going to get excited when their gm does it too.

You're right, though, this is the way the game is played.

Exactly!

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit

Demand still doesn't warrant giving a guy like Boyd Gordon 3 million a year :)help:) but I get what you're saying.

I feel a lot better about the Horton contract given that the inferior David Clarkson got essentially the same contract. The term still worries me, but if we didn't give him 7 years, somebody else surely would have.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Solid deal. Yea, the term is a little scary with the injury history, but someone was going to give him 7 so it had to be done. Solid cap hit, front loaded contract. Interested to see the details when they are released (NMC, NTC, bonuses, etc. and so forth).

Jarmo seems to be doing just fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad