Rumor: Zuccarello to BUF (Kypreos)

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Zuccarello has been talking about retiring when interviewed by norwegian media. Highly unlikely that he’ll do that but what does it say about where he’s at?
Exactly the kind of player Buffalo shouldn’t add. No hunger and his best days behind him.

Nylander, Olofsson, Mittelstadt will all be better than him in a year and he’s not a great fit in our bottom six.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017

Devils is also a good suggestion. They have tons of cap-space, and they have seen first-hand what kind of buzz Zucc creates, while they have seen him a lot and knows is not just a hype. I was wondering if I could add a third team to my wild guesses, and thinking, "should have added Devils".

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
My point is that Dallas probably offers him the most money and term (and better tax rate since I will assume Texas is a "**** the poor" state) and the Stars look poised to level up.

If he picks the Sabres over the Stars, location probably has something to do with it.

I love how three different posters chimed on my post and all three seem to assume Zucc can go to any team he desires.
I will never understand those that believe I owe them something for being up 12 stories on that steel in -12 degree temps in 30 mph winds with every joint in my body aching while slinging 120lbs sticks of 5" ocal ridged conduit, or working live on 15kv gear with my life on the line. Like they were there with me and helped.
When I was poor, and I mean poor, I worked 60 HR weeks in a lumber mill in the dead of winter, and only brought home 72 bucks a week because of child support. I couldn't afford a roof over my head and food, so food took precedence. I slept in a drainage ditch on 2 planks in Jan. to March just north of Buffalo. I woke up several mornings with several inches of snow on me. Blue skin and all.

Did I cry poverty? No, I pulled my boots on that were old, worn used ones and went to work. Stop using excuses like crutches.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I will never understand those that believe I owe them something for being up 12 stories on that steel in -12 degree temps in 30 mph winds with every joint in my body aching while slinging 120lbs sticks of 5" ocal ridged conduit, or working live on 15kv gear with my life on the line. Like they were there with me and helped.
When I was poor, and I mean poor, I worked 60 HR weeks in a lumber mill in the dead of winter, and only brought home 72 bucks a week because of child support. I couldn't afford a roof over my head and food, so food took precedence. I slept in a drainage ditch on 2 planks in Jan. to March just north of Buffalo. I woke up several mornings with several inches of snow on me. Blue skin and all.

Did I cry poverty? No, I pulled my boots on that were old, worn used ones and went to work. Stop using excuses like crutches.

I don't think you understand taxation very well.

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
In what context? And how seriously?

That's could certainly be concerning.

And where did he say that? I have not seen anything like that. What I can read in Norwegian media, is he wants one last contract, and then he figures he is done. So it has to be a good one, and for the amount of time he thinks he has left.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
In what context? And how seriously?

That's could certainly be concerning.
I think it was around the time he was traded so could have been a reaction to that. I tried googling for it but there’s just insane amount of articles of him commenting on Lundqvist crying... He came back to hockey from not being able to speak properly or walk so that takes some dedication.

Still not happy about Sabres signing him long term.

Edit: I’ll try to find it on my computer tomorrow, probably easier if I change settings to norwegian.

Xantius Nordskag

Jun 27, 2019
Zuccarello has been talking about retiring when interviewed by norwegian media. Highly unlikely that he’ll do that but what does it say about where he’s at?
Exactly the kind of player Buffalo shouldn’t add. No hunger and his best days behind him.

Nylander, Olofsson, Mittelstadt will all be better than him in a year and he’s not a great fit in our bottom six.

Can you link the interwiew were he talks about retiering?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The Blue Jackets tried it, got farther than anyone expected, but still crippled their team for the next 3+ years.

You keep saying this as if you know where the Jackets will finish over the next three plus years. I don't think they crippled anything, but it's just ridiculous to use their future position as evidence in some other argument when they haven't played those games yet.

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
Can you link the interwiew were he talks about retiering?

We think he just misunderstood something. I've read something alike it myself, but he was just being philosophical. I have such a bad memory but it can have been something of the kind "this is the last good contract, I'll consider quitting after it, instead of being a declining player after it". Something something. But it was obviously just plain thinking out loud anyways, and he wouldn't necessarily go there anyways, if he still is hungry and good after it. I think the advice to just ignore it would be the best.

Now, let's see where he ends up. He is a great player. It was almost scary to see how good fit he was in Dallas. He had three points in two periods before he blocked a shot (as he has done many times before) and got his arm broken. But Dallas have to give up a first, and will then obviously offer less than the actual market value.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
He’s the 2nd best UFA available, but I’d be wary of giving him 5 years. If the Sabres pulled of while offering him less, great for them.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
List of all-time NHL standings - Wikipedia

For reference, Buffalo is 8th with a win percentage of .536 all time. The Jets are 28th.....Maybe wait until your team wins something? Glass houses and all?

I was more making a reference to how despite everything the past few years, the Sabres keep seeming to fall short of expectations (missed playoffs 8 straight years).
Also I didn't say anything about the Jets being better, although keep in mind a good chunk of those stats are from the pitiful Atlanta years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad