Rumor: Zuccarello to BUF (Kypreos)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Wonder for how much and how long Buffalo has to offer for him to come ? 5x7 or something like that ?

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Wonder for how much and how long Buffalo has to offer for him to come ? 5x7 or something like that ?
That’s what I was thinking, maybe a little discount on the AAV given the term as a 32 year old?

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Well, based on the Jeff Skinner deal Zuccarello is getting 7M for sure.

But honestly, i don't mind the Sabres overpaying for guys right now. They can't afford to take steps back and scoring has been an issue.

Sabres are in a position where dead cap space does them no good. I think the fanbase would rather see them make the playoffs and finally dig themselves out of this mess rather than worry about a few million bucks.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Probably likes the idea of being somewhat close to NYC.

Buffalo stills has a lot of potential. They have cleaned house enough times that the toxic stench of TMurr should be gone. Now that they have Dhalin, they need to start showing serious improvement.

I think they can challenge for a playoff spot. I don't expect them to make it but it is July right now so who the hell knows or cares?

Reactions: viper0220

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Well, based on the Jeff Skinner deal Zuccarello is getting 7M+ for sure.

But honestly, i don't mind the Sabres overpaying for guys right now. They can't afford to take steps back and scoring has been an issue.

Sabres are in a position where dead cap space does them no good. I think the fanbase would rather see them make the playoffs and finally dig themselves out of this mess rather than worry about a few million bucks.
Why cant they "afford' to take steps back? Its been 8 years in the basement of the league. Whats another year? Or is the fanbase cool with attacking this like the Blue Jackets? Go hard and its a huge win if they get in and win one series, even if it means crippling your prospect pool for the next 3-4 years restarting.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Probably likes the idea of being somewhat close to NYC.

Buffalo stills has a lot of potential. They have cleaned house enough times that the toxic stench of TMurr should be gone. Now that they have Dhalin, they need to start showing serious improvement.

I think they can challenge for a playoff spot. I don't expect them to make it but it is July right now so who the hell knows or cares?
That's really not that close to NYC. 6 teams are closer than Buffalo is.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Why cant they "afford' to take steps back? Its been 8 years in the basement of the league. Whats another year? Or is the fanbase cool with attacking this like the Blue Jackets? Go hard and its a huge win if they get in and win one series, even if it means crippling your prospect pool for the next 3-4 years restarting.
What?
How on earth does signing Zucc cripple the prospect pool? What are you even talking about here?
If Zucc signed a 5 yr x 7 nil deal with Buffalo it would hardly cripple them. Hell, the only major contracts coming up are Reinhart and Dahlin.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I hop it’s 3 yrs max

I heard for somewhere else on here of 5 yrs offered to him...that scares the he’ll out of me for his sir.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad