Confirmed with Link: Zuccarello extension - 2 x $4.125 million AAV

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I expected to be around the $4.0mil mark so in regards of AAV and term, I'm fine with it.

I'm torn of whether we should have waited to see if he regressed this season. I am expecting he will but if there is a chance he repeats a 60-70 point season, then I see the argument of signing early. We'll see.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Am I correct in that this isn't a 35+ contract because he gets paid the same amount both years and no signing bonuses?

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
He's on a 35+ contract, lower term is expected.
And he still doesn't have to accept it. For all we know, he may have wanted 3 or 4 and to lower it we gave an NMC. It's two years, nothing to get really worked up over...

Reactions: Ori

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
And he still doesn't have to accept it. For all we know, he may have wanted 3 or 4 and to lower it we gave an NMC. It's two years, nothing to get really worked up over...
Getting locked in on a player defining? It shouldn't be something we do regularly either, but here we are.

No reason to do this today, had all season to see if his recent decline has slowed at all.

NMC on declining players is always a bad idea. Guerin has thus far learned nothing from his mistakes.

The money and term are fine, just no need for the NMC.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Getting locked in on a player defining? It shouldn't be something we do regularly either, but here we are.

No reason to do this today, had all season to see if his recent decline has slowed at all.

NMC on declining players is always a bad idea. Guerin has this far learned nothing from his mistakes.
Two. Years. That's not locked in. And when he a good compliment to your best player, you make the move now.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I thought it would be 3.5-4M x 3 years, so this is about right. This a bargain if he puts up anywhere near 45+ points- prices have gone up, folks. Hopefully he can still be an effective 1st liner for this year, then a decent 2nd liner next year, and 2/3rd line guy the year after that. He is a good offensive player, and seemingly well liked. The only bad thing about this contract is that it will make next year a bit tighter than we hoped, but if the cap goes up a couple few million, and young ELC guys nab some starting jobs then we are in ok shape.

I never thought we were going to be going out and being a player in the FA market till 25-26, when the cap penalties are all but gone.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Two. Years. That's not locked in. And when he a good compliment to your best player, you make the move now.
Two. Years... has felt very locked in on a over done Goligoski.
As for the good complement, he was... sure. Last year? He was quite the liability in terms of losing possession for that line, thus hindering our best player. He declined quite a lot last year alone.

He's NEVER been healthy for this team come post season either.

Reactions: Sota Popinski

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Two. Years... has felt very locked in on a over done Goligoski.
As for the good complement, he was... sure. Last year? He was quite the liability in terms of losing possession for that line, thus hindering our best player. He declined quite a lot last year alone.

He's NEVER been healthy for this team come post season either.
And yet, he had 5 points last post season and didn't miss a game.
Here's a tip...no one is "healthy" in the postseason.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
And yet, he had 5 points last post season and didn't miss a game.
Here's a tip...no one is "healthy" in the postseason.
Kap could get Boogard 5pts by being on the same line.
Watching the play? Zucc was having issues.

Healthy by post season standards, Zucc has never been.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad