GDT: Zeus @ Hades (Game 10 - TB @ NJ 7pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I don't know if Chico meant to do this, but early in the game, he was talking about Lecavalier's new stick being a product of some Taylor Made company working with CCM.

When Lecavalier shanked that one shot wide, Chico said that his stick wasn't tailor made for that one [shot]. I don't know if he did it purposely, but regardless, it was a great pun and I am the only one who seems to have picked up on it.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not complaining, but for some god unknown reason MSG's feed did not black out for me. I'm only able to watch the Lightning's feed as Directv blacks out the opponents feed since they're my local.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Announced crowd was 14,800, but it seemed like much more than that at the arena. Crowd was great tonight.

Awesome game. So wanted Matteau to finish that chance early, no idea how he missed it. Kovy could had 5 points tonight if guys could finish and/or he was more selfish. His first thought should always be shot. No clue why he passes up so many chances.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I don't know if Chico meant to do this, but early in the game, he was talking about Lecavalier's new stick being a product of some Taylor Made company working with CCM.

When Lecavalier shanked that one shot wide, Chico said that his stick wasn't tailor made for that one [shot]. I don't know if he did it purposely, but regardless, it was a great pun and I am the only one who seems to have picked up on it.

I laughed a little too hard at that and a lot of it had to do with me being a golfer/fan

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Just got back from the game. Thanks to CJ our seats were upgraded to section 17! Awesome to watch from that close.

Kovalchuk had a solid game tonight. Still too unselfish though.

I have no idea how Stamkos missed that open net. Caught a huge break there.

Elias is playing some absolutely incredible puck.

Devilswiss

Feb 11, 2010
Lucerne
Great game. The two late PP-Goals really were the icing on the cake.
Stadium looked pretty full to me and I'd say the atmosphere was better then it was Tuesday.

Is it just me or was this game more physical then the one against the Rags?

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
yummy

201302072114764737581-p2.jpg

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Just got back from the game. Thanks to CJ our seats were upgraded to section 17! Awesome to watch from that close.

Kovalchuk had a solid game tonight. Still too unselfish though.

I have no idea how Stamkos missed that open net. Caught a huge break there.

Elias is playing some absolutely incredible puck.

Were you originally in 230?

slammer

Oct 28, 2010
Hessen
i stood up earlier today to watch the game before work...**** YES we won!!:handclap:

I have to say...i dont care of kovi dont scorers 30, 40 goals...he is MORE than this today. he is one of the MOST complete players, he is so important for the team. he is working his ass off night after night. he is defensively SOOOOO good. he is awesome in all ends...
and the 2:1 shows exactly this. perfect D, than perfect Off. LOVE him!!

and i like how Butler is getting his D play as well!!

this team is just PURE ****ing FUN to watch!! Devils, you rule. THANKS for having a great time!!

and, tomorrow, my next GDT follows:yo:

need to work now!!!!!!!

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
Announced crowd was 14,800, but it seemed like much more than that at the arena. Crowd was great tonight.

Awesome game. So wanted Matteau to finish that chance early, no idea how he missed it. Kovy could had 5 points tonight if guys could finish and/or he was more selfish. His first thought should always be shot. No clue why he passes up so many chances.

It certainly looked like more then 14,800 on TV. Clubs looked empty though...

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
i honestly really like this team alot right now. I wish we had Fayne in for the pittsburgh game, i feel like it would've been a far different score. Also greene playing with larsson. Good work pete. that combo is gonna do wonders for Larsson. Guarentee it. If larsson can take aspects of greenes game and apply it to his own, he will gain the knowledge to become dominant.

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
Liked how tonight worked out: I was stuck in class at grad school over at Rutgers until around 8, but then found out work is cancelled for me tomorrow (high school history teacher perk), so I walked over and stopped into Dinosaur BBQ, had a drink and a bite, saw the 2nd period, then got back to Jersey City for the end of the game. All of that on a night where I was figuring I'd miss almost the entire thing, so I'm pretty satisfied.

Also, even in the limited amount I got to watch, they were sharp as hell. Hopefully this is more indicative of who they are. The loss to Pitt last week was the bottom of the barrel in a four game losing streak, and they've roared back with three really sound, thorough wins. That means we go into this home-and-home with both teams on a roll, and a chance to REALLY turn this into a "statement week".

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
i honestly really like this team alot right now. I wish we had Fayne in for the pittsburgh game, i feel like it would've been a far different score. Also greene playing with larsson. Good work pete. that combo is gonna do wonders for Larsson. Guarentee it. If larsson can take aspects of greenes game and apply it to his own, he will gain the knowledge to become dominant.

Definitely would of been closer, but I think we still would of lost. The lines Pete rolled that day were really ineffective, and continued to be against the Islanders. Henrique goes between Clarkson and Elias and all three just go nuts immediately for what is now two games. Not just goals, but excellent shifts as well. Fayne might of been the difference in the Islanders game though.

DevilChuk*

This weekend will be a nice litmus test considering the Pens blew us away last Saturday.

We've definitely played (IMO) our best three games of the season in the last three games and the Penguins are heating up as well (5 straight wins).

I'm hoping we can at least grab 2 out of the 4 points.. splitting the home and home would be nice. An extra 3rd or 4th point on the road would be sweet.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Man I would love to have Vinny Lecavalier on this team if he gets bought out. I'm not quite sure he will be though. I'd still take him for a reasonable deal though. One of my favorite non Devils players.

apice3*

If there's one complaint about the Prudential Center, it is not designed to look full for TV. Club seats are mostly corporate owned, so a lot of seats stay empty regardless, but with the food and bar right above, so few people actually sit in their seats. Looks terrible on TV.

That being said, Devils are rolling right now. The Larsson + Greene pairing has seen top lines and have held Tavares/Moulson/, Nash/Richards/Gaborik, and St Louis/Stamkos to a combined 1 goal over the last 3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad