GDT: Zeus @ Hades (Game 10 - TB @ NJ 7pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuzion

@mattrly
Sep 24, 2010
Corning, NY
its about his ease of ability to receive passes for his one timer- his best scoring weapon. not trying to be an ass but have you ever played hockey before? if so, you should understand and be able to visualize the concept.

I've never played hockey and it's easy to visualize what you're saying.

GM17*

Not like Zubrus has never played RW before. Just flip them and you're set.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
The good - Volch, Elias, Greene, Kovy

The bad - Josefson and Zidlicky

Volchenkov played possibly his best game as a Devil to date

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
its about his ease of ability to receive passes for his one timer- his best scoring weapon. not trying to be an ass but have you ever played hockey before? if so, you should understand and be able to visualize the concept.

And it's also about the ability to receive the pass in the defensive zone and easily make a breakout pass on the forehand. "Not trying to be an ass, but if you've played hockey, you should be able to understand and visualize the concept."

Also, setting up a guy to bomb a 1 timer very rarely happens off the rush, especially when our guy with the 1-timer weapon is also the guy that is carrying the puck for his line at least 75% of the time. In fact, the more likely "1 timer" off a rush is just the cross crease pass where the goal scorer just redirects/ramps up the pass. In that situation, it's much better to be a righty on the right side/lefty on the left side. He's set up on the left for bombing 1 timers on the power play...where they're most likely to occur.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
And it's also about the ability to receive the pass in the defensive zone and easily make a breakout pass on the forehand. "Not trying to be an ass, but if you've played hockey, you should be able to understand and visualize the concept."

Also, setting up a guy to bomb a 1 timer very rarely happens off the rush, especially when our guy with the 1-timer weapon is also the guy that is carrying the puck for his line at least 75% of the time. In fact, the more likely "1 timer" off a rush is just the cross crease pass where the goal scorer just redirects/ramps up the pass. In that situation, it's much better to be a righty on the right side/lefty on the left side. He's set up on the left for bombing 1 timers on the power play...where they're most likely to occur.

-kovy usually carries the puck up ice...he doesnt dish it off that often..and when does, 50% its turned over. if the choice is more offense from kovy, or better breakout passes by kovy- which can be done by anyone on the ice- i choose offense. we're going to need more GOALS from him, thats the whole point. i have played hockey, and i would also submit that its easier to pass from the left than it is to one time it from the right. like, 100% easier.

-we're a puck possession team. not that worried about scoring one timers off the rush (which isnt as difficult as youre making it out to be, but nevertheless..) . 2 guys cycle down low while kovy gets into position (high left slot, away from the D) and boom. hes ready to rip it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad