Zaitsev vs Larsson (oil)

Who's better right now?

• Total voters

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
you could do a Komarov Vs Malkin poll and leaf fans would say "went with Komarov, it's close though"

Larsson without question

What's your problem? Taking a quick look through your posting history you clearly have some sort of weird obsession with the leafs.

It's absolutely not crazy for a leafs fan to think zaitsev is the better player. Nhl.com has z ranked at #42 for dmen. Larsson didn't even make the list.

You're coming across as a but hurt sabers fan, it doesn't look good on you

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
If i'm rating players I would take Larsson over Rielly and even Gardiner... but Zaitsev over all 3. Seriously, he's that good.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Only argument I see here is +/- from one season.. Cmon Oiler fans, you can do better than that, no? Adam Larsson >> OEL.. Am I doing this right?

Reactions: Garthinater

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Could have done with an even option. That's where i'd have cast my vote.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
What's your problem? Taking a quick look through your posting history you clearly have some sort of weird obsession with the leafs.

It's absolutely not crazy for a leafs fan to think zaitsev is the better player. Nhl.com has z ranked at #42 for dmen. Larsson didn't even make the list.

You're coming across as a but hurt sabers fan, it doesn't look good on you

All I am saying is that the leaf fans bias on this website is absolutely insane, many others agree with me.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
Quit complaining.
What like there no sabres fan bias? Remember all those sam Reinhart vs marner/ nylander polls that you sabres fans were adamant it was sam all the way?

Make a komorov vs malkin poll like you suggested. Everyone will laugh at you for being silly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Steps

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
All I am saying is that the leaf fans bias on this website is absolutely insane, many others agree with me.
You think people who hate the Leafs are not biased against them?
If Reilly/Gardiner and Zaitsev were nearly as bad as most of you claim, the Leafs would be in big trouble right now. All 3 have vastly more talent than Larsson.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
The homerism in this post is the only thing vast.

So a stay at home D-Man that is not mobile is better than all 2 out of 3 play tougher minutes than Larsson. The Leafs D is really, really underrated on here. Reilly and Gardiner are far better than Larsson. It's not close. If the Leafs D was as bad as most say they would be such a worse team than they are.
Larsson's advanced stats are as impressive as Ron Hainsey's.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Oilers once started 6-2-1 and finished the season in last with 27 wins total (2009-10)
the Preds last year stared 2-5-1 and made it to the Cup final

lots of season left

There's still people clinging to this hope? They are not missing the playoffs. Teams this talented don't miss the playoffs.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
He had a good start this season but small sample size he was -22 last year

Sorry leaf fans but larsson is winning

Does anyone quoting the -22 want to touch Jake Gardiner's +25? That's never brought up. But Larsson is better than Gardiner, right?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
So a stay at home D-Man that is not mobile is better than all 2 out of 3 play tougher minutes than Larsson. The Leafs D is really, really underrated on here. Reilly and Gardiner are far better than Larsson. It's not close. If the Leafs D was as bad as most say they would be such a worse team than they are.
Their team is really good cause of all the offense they have.

Their defense is below average, and if Reilly was really much better than Larsson, he wouldn't of been eaten alive last year, he went through a stretch of like 20 games and ended up -18, thats pretty brutal.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
The only one on par with Larsson on that team is Gardiner.

+/- is a horrible stat. The homerism is hilarious to claim Larsson is better than all 3. The days of the slow, plodding, stay-at-home D are over. Larsson is easily the least talented of the 4 and you know that.
Leafs D is very underrated. And Zaitsev's #'s-including advanced stats are great.
The Oilers gave up too much for a stay at home DMan. Everyone takes Zaitsev over Larsson if they have to overpay and give up a first overall pick.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016

Larrson is a better defenceman than any of those mentioned, yes you got that right. Reilly or Zaitsev might make good forwards, but they aren't as good as Larsson defensively and its not close. Really its not.

Reactions: McHockeyfan91

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
+/- is a horrible stat. The homerism is hilarious to claim Larsson is better than all 3. The days of the slow, plodding, stay-at-home D are over. Larsson is easily the least talented of the 4 and you know that.
Leafs D is very underrated. And Zaitsev's #'s-including advanced stats are great.
The Oilers gave up too much for a stay at home DMan. Everyone takes Zaitsev over Larsson if they have to overpay and give up a first overall pick.
You act like all he does is play defense, he moves the puck extremely well.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Larrson is a better defenceman than any of those mentioned, yes you got that right. Reilly or Zaitsev might make good forwards, but they aren't as good as Larsson defensively and its not close. Really its not.

Embarrassing post. You are a homer.
But comments like that is why people expected the Leafs to be bad this year. You were wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad