Zaitsev vs Larsson (oil)

Who's better right now?

• Total voters

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
So he's like all the maple leafs D, good to mediocre 2nd pairing D.

I look at the Leafs record and smile at all these silly little comments. They are a cup contender. All these comments about how horrible the Leafs are have proven to be so wrong again and again.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Larsson won the poll get over it. The majority has spoken

HF has spoken.
Why did a poll have to be made here after the thread on the main board? And would all the posters who voted Larsson pick him considering the cost was Taylor Hall and Zaitsev was free?

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
HF has spoken.
Why did a poll have to be made here after the thread on the main board? And would all the posters who voted Larsson pick him considering the cost was Taylor Hall and Zaitsev was free?

That's not what the poll is about though? Who cares about the trade, it's irrelevant here.

I'm a Larsson advocate for sure, he doesn't get enough love in my opinion. I think I'd take him over Zaitsev but it's close, and if there was an "even" option I'd be tempted to vote for that instead.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
That's not what the poll is about though? Who cares about the trade, it's irrelevant here.

I'm a Larsson advocate for sure, he doesn't get enough love in my opinion. I think I'd take him over Zaitsev but it's close, and if there was an "even" option I'd be tempted to vote for that instead.
It really does affect organizational strength though.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Embarrassing post. You are a homer.
But comments like that is why people expected the Leafs to be bad this year. You were wrong.

Every post you make is quite embarrassing. I never commented on how the Leafs would do this year, but why should I be surprised that you are making stuff up. Make believe seems to be your thing.

He's a nice second pairing D. The Oilers overpaid horribly and now are missing Hall.

The entire Leafs defence is a nice 2nd pairing. The Oilers are a better team after the trade and both teams would do the trade again. You literally know nothing about the Oilers, that's become painfully obvious.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
HF has spoken.

Stop trying to move the goal posts to justify your boy losing the poll. Reality check time.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
For that many good D, how did you guys end up with 30 more GA last year?

Every post you make is quite embarrassing. I never commented on how the Leafs would do this year, but why should I be surprised that you are making stuff up. Make believe seems to be your thing.

The entire Leafs defence is a nice 2nd pairing. The Oilers are a better team after the trade and both teams would do the trade again. You literally know nothing about the Oilers, that's become painfully obvious.
You did not say that when I picked them to win the cup.

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I look at the Leafs record and smile at all these silly little comments. They are a cup contender. All these comments about how horrible the Leafs are have proven to be so wrong again and again.

Cup contenders with a weak D core and inconsistent goaltending? Sorry but the Leafs are a high offense team and thats all they are.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
+/- is a horrible stat. The homerism is hilarious to claim Larsson is better than all 3. The days of the slow, plodding, stay-at-home D are over. Larsson is easily the least talented of the 4 and you know that.
Leafs D is very underrated. And Zaitsev's #'s-including advanced stats are great.
The Oilers gave up too much for a stay at home DMan. Everyone takes Zaitsev over Larsson if they have to overpay and give up a first overall pick.

lol if stay at home D suck why is vlasic on team canada ? Larsson is great positionally, can skate and can play tough minute's. which is more desirable in a d-man. not saying zaitsev can't do that but when its him against larsson i'll pick larsson 9/10

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Both guys are really good middle pairing guys you could anchor that second pairing on.
I tend to like Swedes more for their ability to continue to evolve their game, so Adam.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Larsson is too slow.

Hall would have been perfect for McDavid.

Draisaitl could center his own line and it could have been Mcdavid Hall Draisaitl similar to Matthews Nylander Marner.

Too bad chiarelli messed that up.

Kase

May 1, 2016
Last season Larsson was better, but future is unknown. I think we've seen what Larsson has to offer, but Zaitsev has still room to improve as this is just his second season in the NHL and he has looked better early in the season. The sample size is too small to draw any drastic conclusions though.

After thinking it more, I want to see more of Zaitsev before casting my vote.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad