Zaitsev vs Larsson (oil)

Who's better right now?

• Total voters

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Larsson is your #3. Sekera and Klef are better.
Both have been better for stretches, but defensively Larsson has been the most consistent of the 3. Klefbom's defensive game is not on the level of Larsson's and never has been even when he was playing his best hockey, but his offence is another story.

Still doesn't change my assessment of your statement. Larsson is better defensively than any of the players you listed on the Leafs and would be used as your top shutdown defender. He'll likely never produce like Gardiner, Zaitsev, or Rielly, but we'll see where his offensive numbers are this year if he continues to play with Nurse. Looks much more dynamic and creative in the offensive zone when he's not playing the safety blanket to left Klefbom run wild. I definitely don't think its out of the realm of possibility that he could put up 25 points this year despite never playing on the PP.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Zaitsev is always out of position and soft. How does he have a single vote??

Informed hockey fans can see this, the biased ones not so much. Larsson>>>>>>Leafs defense. Every player on the leafs roster is the best in their position or has the ceiling higher than anyone else. At least that's what the zealots will tell you.

Reactions: McFlyingV

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Informed hockey fans can see this, the biased ones not so much. Larsson>>>>>>Leafs defense. Every player on the leafs roster is the best in their position or has the ceiling higher than anyone else. At least that's what the zealots will tell you.
I don't know why, but that choice of word just made me burst out laughing.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Wasn’t Zaitsev the best free agent signing from the past few years?

Shocking that someone with that accolade is losing this poll.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Lol Leafs have the worst defense in the league. No way Zaitsev is better than Larsson. No surprise the Leafs fans have become quiet
I mean what can they say? Their defence blows and its now on display for everyone to see. No more lying and making up stories about having multiple top pairing defencemen or pretending that Zaitsev is somehow good.

I don't know why, but that choice of word just made me burst out laughing.

Glad I could be of service in an otherwise sad thread. :laugh:

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Lol Leafs have the worst defense in the league. No way Zaitsev is better than Larsson. No surprise the Leafs fans have become quiet

Okay bud :rolleyes:

Zaitsev: On the ice for 18GF, 19GA in 15GP
Larsson: On the ice for 12GF, 18GA in 12GP

Zaitsev: 5PPGA in 58:30 SHTOI
Larsson: 5PPGA in 33:15 SHTOI

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->