Rumor: Zadorov on the Move again? | Update: #138

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Jesus people, "taking calls" and "actively shopping" are two different things.

GMs get calls on various players all the time. It's part of the game and business. GMs for playoff-bound teams wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't call and ask about Zadorov.

Lots of smoke

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017

Lots of smoke

Brough has no inside contacts, he admits as much. He is no more an insider than Taj. There is a 10 day break with nothing for these guys talk about.

Why do you keep fanning the flames of this thread you created? Let it die

Zadorov isn't going anywhere, deal with it

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I can see why Zadorov would be disappointing once you see him every game. From the highlight reels alone, he looks like a legit top 4 d-man with offence and a massive physical presence. However, he's really more of #5 that can step up into a #4 position. He somewhat frequently makes mistakes and gets caught flat footed. His offence is inconsistent.

That being said, despite these faults, he's also exactly what you want for the playoffs. His presence on the ice makes the other team wary. Sometimes his hits change the course of games. I have no idea why a team heading into the playoffs would want to flip him. Unless maybe it's part of a package to land a huge fish?

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Zadorov is a really good #5 who thinks he's a #3. He's likely thinking he deserves more than Gudbranson. Which he probably does but unlikely to get it.

You'd think Vancouver would just treat him as a rental though

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
I’d rather keep him. He’s been pretty fantastic and Vancouvers record with him has been excellent, don’t forget they were scuffling a bit when he arrived.

Reactions: BCNate

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Always seems to be rumors for Canucks players usually started by someone from the east

Now is a great time to start rumors because during the break, there is less to talk about so may as well start a rumor

That being said, I'm not suggesting they aren't taking calls for him because the Canucks wouldn't be exercising their due diligence if they weren't. I'm sure there are a number of players on expiring deals that they are having discussions with other teams about.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
  • I don't buy this. Even if the Canuck were told he isn't re-signing he still have more value for the playoffs. Teaches the kids what it takes to get there. Also look at how the Canucks are playing why risk losing chemistry for an average return at best. The Canuck GM has done a good job to date he isn't going to turn into a dummy over night.

Reactions: Grantham
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad