Rumor: Zadorov on the Move again? | Update: #138

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
He’s just a guy who sums up what the insiders say ( usually pretty dramatically lol)

Nobody is using him as an actual source, he’s just convenient because you don’t have to go and listen to a podcast or watch a show to get every ounce of information.
He’s not always accurate in his summaries and Dhaliwal has called Taj out before.

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
this is completely out of the blue. on ice I dont think there is any issue with him. if he's never been a problem in the room per Blankall, it could likely be an intentional leak for negotiation purposes.

It's just odd to suggest he would be on the block. By all accounts it's been a good fit on the ice and in the room. The negotiation thing makes sense compared to the other things floating around here.

Maybe it's the Canucks pushing down the ask for him to stay. Even that I feel is outlandish.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
But why?

Well send him to Toronto then, he's like 2 men, that will help make 2 of our half men whole lol.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
It's just odd to suggest he would be on the block. By all accounts it's been a good fit on the ice and in the room. The negotiation thing makes sense compared to the other things floating around here.

Maybe it's the Canucks pushing down the ask for him to stay. Even that I feel is outlandish.
the sense I get from Donnie and Dhali is that there is some off ice stuff that they cannot divulge. Donnie wanted to suggest it on air, and Dhaliwahl shut him up. all pure speculation, that why I hate our media, once its out there, everyone just goes cuckoo. whatever it is, that is what made Milstein mad.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
My guess is Nucks brass isn't as gung-ho as HF posters are on locking him up. He's a #5. Seeing HF posts about giving him $4m per was a bit wild.
He’s played like a #4 in his time here.

Which is what someone could have reasonably hoped for as a “good” outcome. And the interest was long term to begin with.

Think a lot of this is coming down to picking which veterans you want to keep for the locker room, as well as Myers’ best season since 19-20 and the fact he’s a RHD. I would keep Zadorov over Cole personally, but Cole’s a popular figure and vet. I just prefer Zadorov’s physicality.

Frankly I’d still rather move Myers and just play Cole on the right. But Tocchet is a firm believer in L-R pairs. And I get it to some degree in your top four, but it shouldn’t be that big of a deal on your bottom pair like Cole would be if we moved Myers.

Musampa

Aug 3, 2015
This rumour looks more like a part of negotiations on his next contract. “If you don't like what we offer, we can move you”. And if he really likes it in Vancouver he can curb his appetite.

Reactions: Fatass

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
My guess is Nucks brass isn't as gung-ho as HF posters are on locking him up. He's a #5. Seeing HF posts about giving him $4m per was a bit wild.

I can certainly see them being hung up on his UFA asking price for the summer. But the summer is a long ways away right now. He's played well for the Canucks and brings exactly the sort of elements that a team would typically want to load up with for the playoffs, especially with Soucy constantly being injured.

Zaddy is basically that prototypical big, physical, #5D who can step up to the Top-4 for a stint when depth starts to wear thin (as it always does during the playoffs).

If they'd spent a huge premium to acquire him, i could see the Canucks being hesitant to just treat him as a "rental" and let him walk in the summer. But for the price the acquired him for, they basically got him for a lower value "lottery ticket" later pick, and Beauvillier (who they couldn't wait to let walk as a UFA in the first place). So it's not like they've sunk a lot of cost or value into Zadorov. Certainly nothing that you couldn't easily justify for a playoff "rental" that fits a need and has already proven that he can work within the system and provide solid #4/5ish play with lots of much needed physical snarl.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
I don't get it? He looked like a good pickup. Has not looked bad from what I have seen. Is it the locker room culture there? Something rotten maybe.

Nate Schmidt left quickly too. Zadorov is a leader type of guy and would call things out on CGY. He is too new to do that there. Interesting to see how this progresses.

Or it could just be that Van has a targeted deal that they like so much and are willing to trade him for cap space

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
He honestly hasn’t played better than Juulsen and makes way more money. I was very excited to acquire him but I’m glad we haven’t locked him down to big money and term. It seems he has a couple brain farts a game and has even been healthy scratched and benched.

Soucy is a better player and he shouldn’t make more than him if he stays, doesn’t seem like he values himself as a $3-4 million dollar a year player.

They should definitely be listening and I’m happy with the asset management if they are looking ahead.

Reactions: Ciao

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
This seems like a power move by the agent to force Canucks into giving into the contract demands.

Dhaliwal is an agent's mouth piece and he has a history of doing things as such.

Reactions: biturbo19

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
This seems like a power move by the agent to force Canucks into giving into the contract demands.

Dhaliwal is an agent's mouth piece and he has a history of doing things as such.

Normally, i'd agree. But this isn't really coming from Dhaliwal. It's coming from Taj...citing random speculation and musings by Elliott and a completely unconnected Don Taylor.

If it were really this sort of move, i think it'd fully be Dhaliwal floating it out there directly. Because he is after all, the well known "agent mouthpiece".

Rick has also been pretty annoyed with the way Taj misrepresents his "information" as well. So i'd seriously doubt it's some sort of backroom dealings in the "media". And using "media" for Taj is pretty darn generous. More like, overzealous fan.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
One of the best things I would look for in a GM is him or her just saying
“He wasn’t what we expected”

I mean Calgary could have done it with huberdeau with the term he had

More GM’s just need to take a step back
Judge his play on your team
And if it doesn’t work just say we’re moving forward in another direction

So if this happens I respect it.

I remember some people were talking about signing him soon after the trade and it just seems so bizarre to me that anyone would consider that for pretty much any player save maybe some of the top top tier guys who you know will be awesome anywhere. And Huberdeau is a great example of that like you said. Not that he’s been bad, but if they thought he’d be better and isn’t worth what it will take to re-sign him, then just like you I’d respect the decision to pivot when something doesn’t work out.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Is there anything that hasn't come from those two idiots?
They both make things up and exaggerate to sound more connected.
Like the part about Milstein being upset. Upset about what? Elliot posed a I wonder if without any actual info, he literally said that.
I remember Rick saying Edler was 100% not coming back, literally 10 minutes later he the deal was done.
I dunno this all smells off to me.
This. I’m not seeing anything of substance in those tweets. Teams are calling about Zadorov? Ok, so how does that translate to the Nucks are trying to move him?

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Maybe he's just tired of winning

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'll believe it when it happens as it really makes no sense. Until then this is just like the hundreds of other rumours that surface on a yearly basis and very few of them turn out to be true.

Reactions: DeltaSwede

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Maybe Zadorov has had blue and white pyjamas since childhood like Tavares and will sign nowhere else?

Isn't Zadorov the one who weirdly came out at some point as an actual Canucks fan growing up? Partly because of Naslund i think he said? :laugh:

Doesn't happen often, but when it does...

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
the sense I get from Donnie and Dhali is that there is some off ice stuff that they cannot divulge. Donnie wanted to suggest it on air, and Dhaliwahl shut him up. all pure speculation, that why I hate our media, once its out there, everyone just goes cuckoo. whatever it is, that is what made Milstein mad.
Not a fan of things like that in general. Shit journalism I'd call it. Here's a juicy scenario that I'm presenting but I won't tell you what it is, trust, it's juicy.

I guess we will see how it develops but as an agent I would also be mad that there is fake news or that my clients dirty laundry is hung out in the media. Either way he's in the right to be mad.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
The rumour is that the Canucks are after Xhekaj (for Podkolzin, rejected by Habs) but whether or not this is to replace Gen Z or is unclear.

A D-Core with Jack-Eye and Gen Z would be awesome to watch.

They would probably have to offload the very capable Ian Cole to make it happen which I am ok with.

Canucks could offer Hoglander (A supposedly very high valued asset as supposedly many teams want him) for Xhekaj.

Then Podkolziin can take Hoglander's spot on the 4th line.

Last edited:

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
This. I’m not seeing anything of substance in those tweets. Teams are calling about Zadorov? Ok, so how does that translate to the Nucks are trying to move him?
Tocchet prefers his D on their natural side.

Hughes
Soucy
Cole
If the club wants Tanev then it’s likely they move Z for the assets to acquire, and cap space. So it makes sense to listen on Z. Just don’t see them being in any hurry though with Soucy on the shelf for another month.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Not a fan of things like that in general. Shit journalism I'd call it. Here's a juicy scenario that I'm presenting but I won't tell you what it is, trust, it's juicy.

I guess we will see how it develops but as an agent I would also be mad that there is fake news or that my clients dirty laundry is hung out in the media. Either way he's in the right to be mad.
Milstein is buddies with Taylor and Dahliwal so anything they say likely is coming from Milstein himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad