Rumor: Zadorov on the Move again? | Update: #138

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Seems like the type of personality that would fit perfectly in the Panther’s room.

Can’t see Vancouver dealing him. He’s probably a rental for them and will sign elsewhere in July.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
From a media, and subsequently the fan’s perspective, the expectations were always a bit overboard, compared to who Zadorov is as an actual player. That’s almost always the case in a Canadian market though.

That said, he’s also always thought of himself, as a much better player than he’s been over his career, and has no problem letting everyone in the locker room, know about it. Obviously, that can rub teammates the wrong way. Especially if you have a group of egos, who’ve all put that aside, and bought into what their coach is selling.

Couple that with the Canucks desperately looking for some cap space… this would be the last front office who would hold onto a player because they just acquired him.

Let’s face it, there are a lot of managers who would never trade a player they just acquired, out of pure ego. That doesn’t even have to mean they think he’s an issue. Just that, if they can make the team better by moving him, they won’t hesitate.

Think it’s also becoming obvious, the Canucks have been working on something they’re having trouble getting done, because of cap space.

There’s been too much smoke from a front office who leaks, not to come to that conclusion. Because cap space is an issue with any deal right now, they may have to find somewhere else to trade a Kuzmenko or Zadorov, than to the team they have a deal with. If it’s for Chychrun for example, Ottawa’s not going to take Kuzmenko or Zadorov.

With all of the Kuzmenko, and now Zadorov speculation being leaked, they’re definitely up to something. If it’s for a Dman who can carry that second pairing for 20+ minutes a night, they become much harder to beat in a 7 game series.

Whether they prefer dealing Zadorov or not, doesn’t matter. If doing so helps them get that core piece they desperately need, they’ll do it.

Reactions: gach

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
Has Friedman come out and addressed this dust up? It sounds to me like he was openly just speculating on who they might move if they needed to recoup cap for a bigger acquisition.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
i Love what he brings to the team. He is an eraser of board cycles and clears the net extremely well.
I dont see Vancouver trading him.

My 2 cents on this report is that its part of a negotiation ploy. The Canucks probably want to know what it would take to re-sign Zadorov so that they have an idea of their cap next year for the purpose of acquiring players at this trade deadline with term on their contract.

Zadorov's camp is probably asking for too much money and AAV right now so Vancouver is leaking that they'll trade him before the tdl since they arent coming to an agreement.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I always thought Zadorov is like a real life Gaston. a guy other team hates, but he has to walk a fine line lest he pisses off his own teammates like M.Tkachuk.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Doesn't make any sense.
I always thought Zadorov is like a real life Gaston. a guy other team hates, but he has to walk a fine line lest he pisses off his own teammates like M.Tkachuk.

Zadorov was quite liked by his teammates in Calgary. He's supposedly a good guy. He was the first Russian NHLer to stand up for Ukraine. He seems to be quite humble and not outspoken at all. Nothing like Tkachuk.

The only possible reason to move Zadorov would be for cap reasons.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Doesn't make any sense.

Zadorov was quite liked by his teammates in Calgary. He's supposedly a good guy. He was the first Russian NHLer to stand up for Ukraine. He seems to be quite humble and not outspoken at all. Nothing like Tkachuk.

The only possible reason to move Zadorov would be for cap reasons.

There's no way were moving Zadorov especially with Soucy being injured twice now this season.

Soucy has been amazing but Zadorov has done a fantastic job since coming here.

If anything, Myers will be the one moved for cap purposes.

likely though they both stay, Tochett has said multiple times he loves having these big tree trunk defenders back there as it makes the Canucks tough to play against.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
There's no way were moving Zadorov especially with Soucy being injured twice now this season.

Soucy has been amazing but Zadorov has done a fantastic job since coming here.

If anything, Myers will be the one moved for cap purposes.

likely though they both stay, Tochett has said multiple times he loves having these big tree trunk defenders back there as it makes the Canucks tough to play against.

Zadorov is a constant threat when he's on the ice. Exactly what you need for the playoffs.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
this is completely out of the blue. on ice I dont think there is any issue with him. if he's never been a problem in the room per Blankall, it could likely be an intentional leak for negotiation purposes.

Reactions: lawrence

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
I really wonder what happened
Is there anything that hasn't come from those two idiots?
They both make things up and exaggerate to sound more connected.
Like the part about Milstein being upset. Upset about what? Elliot posed a I wonder if without any actual info, he literally said that.
I remember Rick saying Edler was 100% not coming back, literally 10 minutes later he the deal was done.
I dunno this all smells off to me.

Last edited:

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
One of the best things I would look for in a GM is him or her just saying
“He wasn’t what we expected”

I mean Calgary could have done it with huberdeau with the term he had

More GM’s just need to take a step back
Judge his play on your team
And if it doesn’t work just say we’re moving forward in another direction

So if this happens I respect it.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Taj and Dhaliwal are not the best sources, Taj extrapolates and Dhaliwal is an agent mouthpiece, Im sure Milstein isnt happy about the rumour, doesnt give it any validity.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Is there anything that hasn't come from those two idiots?
They both make things up and exaggerate to sound more connected.
Like the part about Milstein being upset. Upset about what? Elliot posed a I wonder if without any actual info, he literally said that.
I remember Rick saying Edler was 100% not coming back, literally 10 minutes later he the deal was done.
I dunno this all smells off to me.
Elliott very rarely just gives his opinion, there’s always something more behind-the-scenes, and Rick is the best insider in Vancouver and it’s not even remotely close

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
That Taj guy is an idiot not sure why he gets so many of his tweets shared here
He’s just a guy who sums up what the insiders say ( usually pretty dramatically lol)

Nobody is using him as an actual source, he’s just convenient because you don’t have to go and listen to a podcast or watch a show to get every ounce of information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad