Zach "the awesome player" Hyman

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Hyman has refined himself. Can't give anything but a hats off in respect to his effort. He still blows a lot of simple plays but it's nowhere near as bad a Mitch Marner to start the year so that's pretty good.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Hyman has refined himself. Can't give anything but a hats off in respect to his effort. He still blows a lot of simple plays but it's nowhere near as bad a Mitch Marner to start the year so that's pretty good.

I suppose players can get better after their rookie year. Even 24yr old ones.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
I think we have to take Hyman's history into account - he generally takes time to adapt to a league, but then makes big improvements.

In the OJHL his 16 yo season he had 37 points in 49 games, which isnt very good for a player who ended up in the NHL. Two seasons later he was up to 100+ points. Same thing for the NCAA - he was an offensive non-factor for two seasons, then exploded.

You can see with his skillset that he has room to grow offensively. If Tyler Bozak can be a 50 point player, so can Zach

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I think we have to take Hyman's history into account - he generally takes time to adapt to a league, but then makes big improvements.

In the OJHL his 16 yo season he had 37 points in 49 games, which isnt very good for a player who ended up in the NHL. Two seasons later he was up to 100+ points. Same thing for the NCAA - he was an offensive non-factor for two seasons, then exploded.

You can see with his skillset that he has room to grow offensively. If Tyler Bozak can be a 50 point player, so can Zach
Tyler Bozak never put up 50 points without the powerplay. his best season was 37 ES points I think, which Hyman is currently on pace to beat

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
PLUS, he played the first shift of that PK and worked his butt off, then, he comes out for his 2nd shift, AND, STILL, he pulls away from whoever that Dman was that lost thpuck!!!!

EDIT: it wasn't OEL was it???
Yes it was OEL iirc

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Just to clarify, I’m not bashing Babcock or Hyman here. I don’t think he’s a top line player under normal circumstances, he’s more of a middle-6 guy, who’d most commonly be used on a defensive line(so like, with Kadri in our case), but I also think that you get diminishing returns when you load up an offensive line with all your top guys.

Hyman works where he is. I wish he could bury more of the chances he gets in close, but he’s pretty damn good at creating havoc, and screening the goalie.

Reactions: Rogie

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
Someone posted some interesting stats in another thread. Right now, Hyman is projected to finish the season with 43 points, and a plus 28 rating.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
He is scoring more 5on5 then he was last year and he has scored some nice goals with a good deke as wel as top corner shot last night.

Hyman is not hurting Mathews game in anyway
how would anyone know if Babs refuses to try anyone else other than Hyman on AM`s wing

Reactions: david999

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Sure you like Mitch...

You hate of him spills over everywhere.... he is a star and it bothers you.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
how would anyone know if Babs refuses to try anyone else other than Hyman on AM`s wing
Well tell me how he is hurting Mathews. HE won rookie of the year and scored 40 goals with him on his wing.

Hyman is playing good hockey. His production is all 5on5 or short handed and he is playing his off wing.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Well tell me how he is hurting Mathews. HE won rookie of the year and scored 40 goals with him on his wing.

Hyman is playing good hockey. His production is all 5on5 or short handed and he is playing his off wing.

and i'll say again so you can have another chance of shifting the discussion since you have no answer

how do we know if Mathews is being hurt by playing with 10 thumbs if he will never be given the chance to play without him?

Babs separated them for half a game and AM was shockingly able to score 2 goals without the great Zach Hyman setting him up for tap ins and you can rest assured Babs will make sure he doesn't repeat that mistake again .

Reactions: david999

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
and i'll say again so you can have another chance of shifting the discussion since you have no answer

how do we know if Mathews is being hurt by playing with 10 thumbs if he will never be given the chance to play without him?

Babs separated them for half a game and AM was shockingly able to score 2 goals without the great Zach Hyman setting him up for tap ins and you can rest assured Babs will make sure he doesn't repeat that mistake again .

Me shifting the discussion...now that is priceless. I said he is not hurting Mathews.

You have posted nothing but hot air.

I then asked you how is he hurting him?

You failed to give one way he is hurting him!

Either answer or stop.

To recap: Mathews won rookie of the year with Hyman on his wing. Mathews scored 40 goals with Hyman on his wing as a rookie. Just how is he hurting Mathews by playing with him.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Me shifting the discussion...now that is priceless. I said he is not hurting Mathews.

Either answer or stop.

To recap: Mathews won rookie of the year with Hyman on his wing. Mathews scored 40 goals with Hyman on his wing as a rookie. Just how is he hurting Mathews by playing with him.
You keep saying he's not hurting AM and I respond we'll only know if we Bab's tries someone else.

So I'll ask how are you so sure Hyman is the best winger for Mathews if no one else is tried in his spot?

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

Either answer or stop.

Honestly he won't answer. In the first Hyman thread it was the same thing for the whole thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad