Zach "the awesome player" Hyman

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Seriously what in the world is he doing on the 1st line? Babcock I like you and all but stop with this nonsense.
Yes he does behind the net passes, tries to run through the boards, and skates a million miles, but he is not a 1st line player.

Hyman is a trash top 6 player. Put him on the 4th line where he belongs.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Babcock is just too high IQ to let things like skill, hands or finish keep Hyman off the top line.

That's why we need to keep guys like Kapanen and Leivo out of the lineup, so Hyman can push goalies into the net.

It's simply good strategy that us simpleton plebs won't understand, like yeah if Hyman doesn't work on the top line in the next 1000 games, we can maybe change it up for 5-10 minutes, but I think it's just best he stays on the 1st line.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
lol you guys should go back and re-read the Marleau signing thread. We were all so excited that Matthews finally got his 1st line left winger

Reactions: PuckMagi

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I mean the goalie had like 3-5 seconds to get his shit back together. But I guess that isnt enough.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
lol you guys should go back and re-read the Marleau signing thread. We were all so excited that Matthews finally got his 1st line left winger
For me... that was the best part of the signing.

No one believed it would be possible for Babcock to put someone like Brown on the 4th line instead of Hyman.

Reactions: david999

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
For me... that was the best part of the signing.

No one believed it would be possible for Babcock to put someone like Brown on the 4th line instead of Hyman.

Dont worry. Your logic will be ignored because your part of the "herd".
I dont agree with you on some things but I do agree Hyman is not a 1st liner.
He would be perfect on the 4th line.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Yup Hyman is too great. He should never be criticized ever.
I like Hyman but today is another example he is not a 1st liner. He would be alright on the 3rd line, but sure keep it up with childish comments.

Dont worry comments like yours help to thin the herd.

Do you think that your take on Hyman is so unique, or offers something that couldn't possibly go in the dedicated Zach Hyman thread?

Are you that attention starved? Pitch a hissy fit like a child about a player who wasn't even the team's biggest problem tonight, as if that wasn't already happening in the PGT?

Tighten the laces and take a lap.

Reactions: Raymoondo

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Dont worry. Your logic will be ignored because your part of the "herd".
I dont agree with you on some things but I do agree Hyman is not a 1st liner.
He would be perfect on the 4th line.

Has nothing to do with criticizing the guy's play. It's the attention ****ing and needing to clutter the board with useless threads spitting the same herd nonsense that could have gone in a multitude of existing threads.

You're the victim here, though. Or are the rest of us, for having to wade through the over-dramatic outbursts?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Do you think that your take on Hyman is so unique, or offers something that couldn't possibly go in the dedicated Zach Hyman thread?

Are you that attention starved? Pitch a hissy fit like a child about a player who wasn't even the team's biggest problem tonight, as if that wasn't already happening in the PGT?

Tighten the laces and take a lap.

I could care less about attention. Also this isnt the first time, Hyman has showed he isnt a top line player before and today it came out in a big way.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Has nothing to do with criticizing the guy's play. It's the attention ****ing and needing to clutter the board with useless threads spitting the same herd nonsense that could have gone in a multitude of existing threads.

You're the victim here, though. Or are the rest of us, for having to wade through the over-dramatic outbursts?

Not going to answer anything here really, but all I will say is when a player continues to prove he isnt good enough then he should called out for his bad play. After a good start, Hyman has been pretty bad lately.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I could care less about attention. Also this isnt the first time, Hyman has showed he isnt a top line player before and today it came out in a big way.

His production isn't top line production, no. But that's not his job, so I guess that's not how we're to quantify his game and contributions. Simple as.

And it is about attention, or you would be having the discussion in the existing and ongoing thread that continues as we speak.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
His production isn't top line production, no. But that's not his job, so I guess that's not how we're to quantify his game and contributions. Simple as.

And it is about attention, or you would be having the discussion in the existing and ongoing thread that continues as we speak.

Ernie just hit the ignore button. He's obviously knows way more about 1st combos than anyone else. Hit that little button. I did.

LeafsBoyo

Oct 18, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Hyman just goes out there and plays where he's told. Don't blame him for Babcock's stubbornness and ego. A bottom 6 grinder forced to play 1st line minutes, he's going to look out of place and its not his fault. All on the coach.

Reactions: frizzer1 and ToMaLe

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Ernie just hit the ignore button. He's obviously knows way more about 1st combos than anyone else. Hit that little button. I did.

Yet your following me. Ignored but being followed. Thats quite the contradiction

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

My emotion got in the way. Check sometime ago, I was defending Hyman being on the 1st line. Also called out a certain few for saying "Babcocks son" or "daddy's boy". Still dont like him on the 1st line but I understand why he is there. Apologies for the dumb thread:)
PS: I like that you called me out directly instead of going the route of someone who told you to ignore, and said "he knows more about 1st line combos".

This board is bad for emotions after a loss.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
*cross posted from the PGT.

I am SICK and TIREd of this PLUG Hyman being stabled to Matthews at the hip. As if Matthews can't get the puck himself, as if puck retrieval is the only important skill for one of his wingers to have.

Why not try Brown, Soshnikov, Marleau, hell even Komarov instead. They all have more finish than this IQ deficient garbage player.

Ok ok, so he's a 3rd liner, that isn't even trusted enough with the puck to play on the PP, but he has to play with our franchise C all of the time?

I understand wanting to ice 4 potentially threatening lines, but this guy is a bottom 6 forward, and it's really ticking me off. There are better solutions on this roster right now, watching Matthews and Marner was orgasmic. He's literally killing plays for Matthews, I've noticed two tonight in the first period alone.

I know this is a hot-take, just let me get it off my chest.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Not upset at the loss, 6 game win streak was nice but it's pretty obvious that the Hyman-Matthews thing needs to not be a thing moving forward...

Reactions: The Rat King

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad