Value of: Zach Parise

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I don't see the point of moving him. He was one of the better playoffs down the stretch and in the playoffs. Even at the end of his contract, he will still be a quality bottom-6er.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Terrible cap management by the Wild. They paid a hometown PREMIUM to get two players who wanted go play in Minnesota.
What other team was offering any thing close to that contract. No team.
Parise probably wasn't worth his 7.5m as his peak, but for a 13 year contract....ridiculous.
This is a very ignorant post. First, Parise did get bigger offers. The one that was reported was $110 million from Philadelphia. You are also grossly underrating Parise's career. A UFA on the market with a career of 30+ and even a 45 goal season? Your recency bias is showing.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
If it wasn't for dirty gooning it up by Winnipeg we would be having a different discussion.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Yeah, this thread is a joke. Seems like an excuse for folks with an ax to grind on Parise to take shots at his contract and the Wild for giving it to him, even though there's a whole slew of teams that were lining up that day to offer him the same contract or more.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Terrible cap management by the Wild. They paid a hometown PREMIUM to get two players who wanted go play in Minnesota.
What other team was offering any thing close to that contract. No team.
Parise probably wasn't worth his 7.5m as his peak, but for a 13 year contract....ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure Philadelphia and Detroit were offering Suter the same contract (or very similar).

I'm not sure about Parise, but I know Pittsburgh was in on him, probably not 13 x $98 but I'm guessing pretty substantial amount.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I'm pretty sure Philadelphia and Detroit were offering Suter the same contract (or very similar).

I'm not sure about Parise, but I know Pittsburgh was in on him, probably not 13 x $98 but I'm guessing pretty substantial amount.

I think Parise, Suter, Weber got in on the last of those silly long term contracts. Team management must've thought that the cap was going to go up considerable making 7.5m in the future really inexpensive. Of course the cap didn't go up as the NHL owners expected (it isn't the NFL, MLB or NBA) money wise. Look at the Red Wings, they signed a lot players to long term deals that now look very poor indeed.
I live in Southern Ontario and I saw the ridiculous signing under Ferguson, Burke and Nonis and know how bad signings can hurt your team for years.

Reactions: Snowman

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Yeah, this thread is a joke. Seems like an excuse for folks with an ax to grind on Parise to take shots at his contract and the Wild for giving it to him, even though there's a whole slew of teams that were lining up that day to offer him the same contract or more.

While this might be true, that doesn't mean he holds much value or that his contract at this point isn't a detriment.

Reactions: snowkiddin

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Parise has a NMC, career threatening injury concerns, and an albatross of a contract. Why does this thread even exist? The chance of him being moved is zero.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
While this might be true, that doesn't mean he holds much value or that his contract at this point isn't a detriment.

I don't think many Wild fans are arguing that it wouldn't be insanely difficult or costly to move Parise. See the post above this one from another Wild fan.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Nothing much of Value Zach Parise is slipping badly, Health concerns plus another $7.5 million for another 7 years that contract is pretty brutal. Doubt you'd get much for him. Plus he'd probably only waive his NMC for a cup contender and how many of them now can afford his brutal contract.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
He was doing just fine getting back into the swing of things after his back surgery. One of the hottest goal scorers in the NHL down the stretch.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Devils dodged Kovy and Parise like Neo in the Matrix

Zajac is the one that grazed his leg but hes fine
If Neo had thrown his arms wide and stood still while the bullets turned around and flew back into the barrels they'd been fired from, yes, that's more or less what happened.

Reactions: SeidoN

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
His value would be at an all time low and with the contract that remains I highly doubt anyone would be seriously interested in trading for him.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I'll bite. What sort of package would be going back to Minnesota? And what sort of inclusions will the Wild include to get us to stomach that contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad