Zach (lightning rod) Hyman thread: love him or hate him

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLF

May 5, 2014
nice that you only posted part of my post to make it look like i'm defending these guys which i never did , i simply posted some stats you decided to exclude

correct me if i'm wrong but basically all i'm getting from this post and especially the boded parts is you have no opinion on our lineup one way or another and are just here to defend Babcocks decisions

that fine , lots of people over years have been pissed at me for voicing my opinion which for some reason people believe shouldn't differ from the teams​

Sorry, here is your whole quote

I don't remember Zeke saying those players weren't holding back there respective lines as well.

also why ignore
-Maroons 27 goals compared to super Zach's 10
-Perrault's 32 asst's which is more than super Zach's total points
-Bergeron's selke winning D

How does that change anything? It actually makes it show more how you were defending the other players.

Again back to the - I am a sheep who just follows Babcock's every move and supports. Try actually reading what I said. Maybe people get pissed not at your opinion, but how you come up with wild conclusions of what they said and think based on no fact. Just sayin.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Sorry, here is your whole quote

I don't remember Zeke saying those players weren't holding back there respective lines as well.

also why ignore
-Maroons 27 goals compared to super Zach's 10
-Perrault's 32 asst's which is more than super Zach's total points
-Bergeron's selke winning D

How does that change anything? It actually makes it show more how you were defending the other players.

Again back to the - I am a sheep who just follows Babcock's every move and supports. Try actually reading what I said. Maybe people get pissed not at your opinion, but how you come up with wild conclusions of what they said and think based on no fact. Just sayin.
so me knocking those players is defending them ?

i read your whole post , i bolded parts of it and basically you said you'd support whatever Babs does with the lines , how the f*** else should i take that ?

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
the line works and it's our best line imo because combining

-Mathews - a franchise level talent
-Nylanader - a multi dimensional elite level talent

together with pretty much anyone would make for a very effective line

now you can disagree and you're entitled to your opinion but i'll just ask you one question , do you believe replacing Hyman with anyone of

-Marleau
-Brown
-Levio
-Kap

make that trio ineffective ?

interesting choice of words paws , "ineffective" compared to "less effective", sorry, but i will take babs position on this, he wants his dog on that line and he gets it

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
interesting choice of words paws , "ineffective" compared to "less effective", sorry, but i will take babs position on this, he wants his dog on that line and he gets it
switch it to less effective if you like , my point still stands

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
What a bunch of garbage Hyman is forced to put up with from the so called fans. This kid wanted to play here so he worked the system to force a trade, then works his ass off every shift to make our star player perform like the star he is, and all he gets for it is a bunch of crap from simple people who think they know better than the hall of fame coach who is at every practice with these guys and the hall of fame management group assembled to oversee it. Let's count the cup rings of the guys making this "bad" decision and compare it to the number of cup rings all the Hyman haters have collected, it should be apparent who is more capable of making the correct decision. I will repeat this in case I was not clear: you are not better at managing a hockey team than Mike Babcock.

Local kid too, from Toronna.

He's living the dream

RLF

May 5, 2014
so me knocking those players is defending them ?

i read your whole post , i bolded parts of it and basically you said you'd support whatever Babs does with the lines , how the **** else should i take that ?

This is why there is no chance of true debate. You can't even admit what you have done and now try and say your post was mocking players. You weren't mocking them you were defending them and their totals you thought were good in response to the totals of goals or assists that I showed were poor for each player on a first line. Which is why you wrote "Also why ignore" and then trashed Hyman beside each point you were making. You were mocking Bergeron and his Selke defence? you were mocking a guy by saying he had 27 goals? or 32 assists? LOL

I said if he leaves the lines the way they are because they have been effective I an fine with it as much as I am fine with him doing as you demand, which is trying someone else in the spot. In other words, I don't think he needs to change the lines but I won't go ballistic if he does try someone other than Hyman. That doesn't mean I support whatever he does with the lines. If he puts Martin and Leo with Matthews, No, I would not understand that move nor support it.

Reactions: bobermay

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
This is why there is no chance of true debate. You can't even admit what you have done and now try and say your post was mocking players. You weren't mocking them you were defending them and their totals you thought were good in response to the totals of goals or assists that I showed were poor for each player on a first line. Which is why you wrote "Also why ignore" and then trashed Hyman beside each point you were making. You were mocking Bergeron and his Selke defence? you were mocking a guy by saying he had 27 goals? or 32 assists? LOL

I said if he leaves the lines the way they are because they have been effective I an fine with it as much as I am fine with him doing as you demand, which is trying someone else in the spot. In other words, I don't think he needs to change the lines but I won't go ballistic if he does try someone other than Hyman. That doesn't mean I support whatever he does with the lines. If he puts Martin and Leo with Matthews, No, I would not understand that move nor support it.

this is how i started off the post you're discussing , i really don't how you can spin this into me defending them ?

so you only posted half there stats to show they were poor for a 1st liner but omitted the half that showed there were acceptable , strange way of comparing players since both of Hyman's goal and assist totals are poor for a 1st line player

also you're saying your not just simply following along with whatever Babs decides because if he crosses the line and combines players that we all know he never will you'll be all over him , lol this gets better and better

how about we put our differences to side and how a little fun watching the game ? i say we take a shot every time Hyman falls on his ass and keep score of how many games we're able to finish watching before we pass out , at the end of the year the winner gets to choose the losers avatar

RLF

May 5, 2014

this is how i started off the post you're discussing , i really don't how you can spin this into me defending them ?

so you only posted half there stats to show they were poor for a 1st liner but omitted the half that showed there were acceptable , strange way of comparing players since both of Hyman's goal and assist totals are poor for a 1st line player

also you're saying your not just simply following along with whatever Babs decides because if he crosses the line and combines players that we all know he never will you'll be all over him , lol this gets better and better

how about we put our differences to side and how a little fun watching the game ? i say we take a shot every time Hyman falls on his ass and keep score of how many games we're able to finish watching before we pass out , at the end of the year the winner gets to choose the losers avatar

I am not even going to get into the contradictions above. Explain how it is being a sheep to say I am ok with the lines the way they are, but of course if he does something stupid with them I won't like it? Ever think maybe I just see value in what he has done and decided that for myself, just like you decided you don't like it. Maybe you are not the only one capable of their own thoughts. For you to still not understand this is what gets better and better.

So if Babs changed Hyman to the 4th line and now put Marleau on the first line...aren't you just agreeing with everything Babcock does? Because that is your definition of being a sheep that just agrees. If he does what you want, you are now a sheep by your definition. How badly do you want to say Baaaaa. lol. I am sure there is no response to this part or side step, side step as you like to do.

As for your drinking game, how about we have one every time Hyman screens the net allowing for a side/back door play or snipe that gets in, or every time he creates a turnover that leads to a scoring chance or goal, or crashes the net off a shot that creates a loose puck rebound that creates a scoring chance or potted we drink...get more drunk that way.

Reactions: ErnieLeafs

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
As much hate as he gets...this kid is fast. I'd dare say it's a toss up between he and Kap as to who is the fastest on the Leafs.

Would love to know his top end speed.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I am not even going to get into the contradictions above. Explain how it is being a sheep to say I am ok with the lines the way they are, but of course if he does something stupid with them I won't like it? Ever think maybe I just see value in what he has done and decided that for myself, just like you decided you don't like it. Maybe you are not the only one capable of their own thoughts. For you to still not understand this is what gets better and better.

So if Babs changed Hyman to the 4th line and now put Marleau on the first line...aren't you just agreeing with everything Babcock does? Because that is your definition of being a sheep that just agrees. If he does what you want, you are now a sheep by your definition. How badly do you want to say Baaaaa. lol. I am sure there is no response to this part or side step, side step as you like to do.

As for your drinking game, how about we have one every time Hyman screens the net allowing for a side/back door play or snipe that gets in, or every time he creates a turnover that leads to a scoring chance or goal, or crashes the net off a shot that creates a loose puck rebound that creates a scoring chance or potted we drink...get more drunk that way.
first off i didn't call you a sheep and you're not going to go into part of my post because there's no way to defend how you compared players by using only part of their stats , not to mention how i feel the players you listed are all replaceable outside of Bergeron on their respective lines

your previous post you said you were fine with Babs keeping the lines the same and you were fine if he changed them unless he puts Mathews with Komo and Martin (and as i said we all know this something he would never do) , now you're again changing what you said because you realized how your previous statement makes you look

so i'm a sheep if Babs does want i'd like to see and tries a different winger other than Hyman ? wouldn't that make Babs the sheeple ?

RLF

May 5, 2014
first off i didn't call you a sheep and you're not going to go into part of my post because there's no way to defend how you compared players by using only part of their stats , not to mention how i feel the players you listed are all replaceable outside of Bergeron on their respective lines

your previous post you said you were fine with Babs keeping the lines the same and you were fine if he changed them unless he puts Mathews with Komo and Martin (and as i said we all know this something he would never do) , now you're again changing what you said because you realized how your previous statement makes you look

so i'm a sheep if Babs does want i'd like to see and tries a different winger other than Hyman ? wouldn't that make Babs the sheeple ?

I mentioned being a sheep before as per your description of me. You defended the parts of their points totals you thought were good in comparison to Hyman and then mocked Hyman. How does that not show you are saying they are better fits on their line than Hyman is to ours.? It is exactly what you did and what I said you did. Yes, I can compare if the basis is on points and just stick to that, which is all I compared. I didn't compare style of play or effectiveness. You got into that. My point was to show a line can be effective without every guy on the line putting up decent totals of both goals and assists. That was my point and all I got into, You took it other areas to try and prove your point. I didn't go there. All you.

Wouldn't putting Matthews with Martin and Leo be kind of a stupid move? Same thing, I didn't change anything. Nice try to deflect and discredit again.

I knew you would go to Bab's is actually following my lead then.lol -Yea, I am sure he reads your posts and that's why he makes the change if he does.lol

bluumax

Mar 7, 2008
Up until today reading this thread, i though Hyman was American, think i was mistaking him for Casey bailey (we got them around a similar time right?) had no idea this guy was from TO.
With all the love Connor Brown gets for being a good old Canadian kid (from myself included) i cant believe i've never seen this before.

Aaanyway, not watched the full game yet, just the extended highlights... but it didn't look like a good one for him. That being said, put me firmly in the Babs camp; despite his lack of production, to say Hyman doesn't contribute to that line i think is very naive. You can only hand out 2 assists, and 2 passes/rebounds don't tell the story of how a goal is created, look at Nylander's tap-in, without Hymans screen i doubt that goal happens- no assist though.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I mentioned being a sheep before as per your description of me. You defended the parts of their points totals you thought were good in comparison to Hyman and then mocked Hyman.How does that not show you are saying they are better fits on their line than Hyman is to ours.? It is exactly what you did and what I said you did. Yes, I can compare if the basis is on points and just stick to that, which is all I compared.

seriously ?

you didn't compare total points , you flipped between each players goals or assists whichever was weaker and which Hyman compared favorably too , i simply added what you left out and asked why you left them out

I didn't compare style of play or effectiveness. You got into that. My point was to show a line can be effective without every guy on the line putting up decent totals of both goals and assists. That was my point and all I got into, You took it other areas to try and prove your point. I didn't go there. All you.

when have i ever said i line can't be effective without every player putting up decent point totals ? in fact i've repeatedly said AM and Willie could form a productive line without pretty much anyone and my point has always been that i feel having Hyman there doesn't maximize the line potential not that they were ineffective

Wouldn't putting Matthews with Martin and Leo be kind of a stupid move? Same thing, I didn't change anything. Nice try to deflect and discredit again.

I knew you would go to Bab's is actually following my lead then.lol -Yea, I am sure he reads your posts and that's why he makes the change if he does.lol

I already showed how you changed your posts , go back an take another look instead of posting some weak crap about how i'm deflecting .

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Not to mention we killed EIGHT (8!) Penalties last night, and he was a big part of that. 5v5, it wasn't his best game, but he still provided a crucial screen on the GWG.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Not to mention we killed EIGHT (8!) Penalties last night, and he was a big part of that. 5v5, it wasn't his best game, but he still provided a crucial screen on the GWG.
This doesnt justify him being on a line with matthews and nylander

RLF

May 5, 2014
I already showed how you changed your posts , go back an take another look instead of posting some weak crap about how i'm deflecting .

Here is what I said above

"you thought were good in response to the totals of goals or assists that I showed were poor for each player on a first line."
See the word OR.

Later
"Yes, I can compare if the basis is on points and just stick to that, which is all I compared."
Goals OR assists have points given.

You've show nothing, You try hard though.

Lets just end this. I am fine with the way the Leafs play and our success so far on the overall. You want change because you are adamant that there is better to be had if changes are made.

Feel free to write your "run along now."lol

Last edited:

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Theres no point in having a guy like Brown on the 4th line. Whos gonna set him up? Moore? Fehr? Martin? Whos he gonna set up?

He isnt gonna bring much more offense to the line because he doesnt have the skill to carry a whole line, like matthews, marner or nylander. They have to pair him up with one of those guys to get the most out of him. And its not like hes a defensive liability, he can be matched up against top line players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad