Player Discussion Zach Hyman

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Can you enlighten us on this? What has Stauffer said about Smyth?

Gretzky also has a ghost writer.
FWIW, Stauffer was always pretty cryptic but in the past few years, he alluded to Smyth and crocodile tears and that there’s more to it than it being just a 250k difference.

Always came off as Smyth was more in it for the money than loyalty despite his “legacy” 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Oilhawks

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
FWIW, Stauffer was always pretty cryptic but in the past few years, he alluded to Smyth and crocodile tears and that there’s more to it than it being just a 250k difference.

Always came off as Smyth was more in it for the money than loyalty despite his “legacy” 🤷‍♂️

Smyth's wife is he brains in the family not ryan.

Here is an article on just how low social media people have gotten. I imagine this has already been posted

Most players i played with coming up in the 80's were a lot better off than me. Many players play down sometimes that is in the backgrounds

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
That is a remarkable stat.
Matthews is as pure a goal scorer as there is in this League.

Just goes to show the value of hockey smarts, hard work and fearless determination.
That is a remarkable stat.
Matthews is as pure a goal scorer as there is in this League.

Just goes to show the value of hockey smarts, hard work and fearless determination.
And a generational talent trying to get to 100 assists.

Reactions: guymez

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Expected goals is not a real thing only made up theory.
I would expect whoever scores the most to most likely score.
Anybody adding some other sort of stat into it is looking to appear smarter than the rest.

What you’re saying “should” be true over a very large sample size, and the fact that it isn’t *exactly* suggests there is room for the model to be tuned up. However, it’s still a useful lens to examine.

If a guy has a career high or a career low Gf in a season, or a under a new coach, or with new line mates, but is maintaining his usual xGF, you can probably infer that the situation or luck is to blame/credit, and that he can regress to the mean if addressed/waited out. There are probably a ton of practical applications of this. But “generating scoring chances” is worthwhile to track, even if it doesn’t always perfectly correlate to generating scoring.

IMO guys who regularly exceed or match their xGF are exactly the type we should be targeting to play with Hyman and McD. You know, scorers. Finishers. Shooters. Real talent.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
He is now the highest scoring children's author in NHL history. Way to go Zac!
Not yet.

1711842877852.png

• Haha
Reactions: Stoneman89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad