You're The Coach: What Changes Do you Make For Game 6?

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
What is Mayfield's status in this organization? I was really impressed with his interview at the draft. I see him as the type of kid that when given opportunity, he will give you his best and not scare to face any challenges. He also has size. I see him a bit like Hammer but as I have hardly see him play, not sure about his skating, passing and puck handling skills. Maybe his hockey IQ is not best too, but if he sticks to a system that is simple and just try to stay within his limit, he may be a good bottom pairing NHL D one day.

Can anyone give me an idea? The only drawback about him is that he play on the same side as Boychuk, Hammer, and Pulock and he is definitely behind these 3 in the depth chart (in turns of upside). However if developed properly, he can be be avaluable piece when Boychuk's game start to decline in a few years. RHD is also hard to come so he would have some value.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
I think realistically Isles will not go far this year in the playoff - young and green blueline with one of their best hurt, back up goalie being a big?, and too many rookies who has not yet learned what take to win a championship, poor PP habits, and lacking of a proven top goal scorer in the line-up beside JT and KO. Also a below average faceoff % and a strong 2 way checking center.

This team is a working in progress and have good pieces to build on. The coaches are all green with very little experience in post season at any level.

I think however win or lose, they need to set a strong tone that they cannot be bullied, as this will have complication going into next season because other team will take note and copy what Caps did.

hoser14

Oct 23, 2006
Brooklyn
What I'm Missing?

What I'm missing? I'm stuck at work and I see that Jack Capuano has Brian Strait and Colon "Blow" McDonald in the lineup! Why does Clueless Capuano keeps plays minor leaguers like Mcdonald and Strait? Those two clowns shouldn't be in the building let alone the ice!

When will Islanders management realize that Jack Capuano is not a Major League NHL coach.

Brian Strait+Colon "Blow" McDonald=Lost

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Brian Strait's high sticking habit and ref's one sided call is hurting the Isles in this game. Sure they killed the 1st PP but that changed the momentum in the game and he also did that in Game #2 or Game #3, from what I recalled.

That quick whistle when Holtby throwed the puck out is ridiculous considering what happened in last game. The border line slashing on JT right after Isles took 2 penalties is also a bad judgement part by the ref.

How can Isles play if the ref would not even allowed them to check the opposing team at center? JT's slash is minor and given the time of the period, it should not been called as many slashes like that in the playoff is normally let go. Does the refs have a personal agenda against JT?

The refs probably does not want a seven game so that they can get a rest. I suggest that with the terrible officiating in this series, this ref team should not be get the job for the next one, especially after they let that goal stand after missing their call in last game and allowed Caps yanking the goalie glove after he cover up the puck.

The refs of this series does not deserve to advance. They should sit home along with the losing team in this series, because definitely there will be controversy going into the next one if they are allowed to work that series and I can just imagine all the Rags fan going nut.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad