Berggren
Niederbach
Veleno
Wallinder
Mastrosimone
Soderblom
Viro

God our NA scouting is awful.
I think there's also a decent amount of overbelief/overvaluing of every euro pick.
Viro is really nothing special for example and I think Söderblom is also a bit too overrated.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I think there's also a decent amount of overbelief/overvaluing of every euro pick.
Happens with every rebuilding team, fans need hope. We've got people here using the word "elite" to describe kids who haven't even played one game in the NHL yet.

I like the prospect pool though, it's the best the team has had in a long while. The next 2 drafts should cement it.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I mentioned in the '19 draft that Stevie was leaning heavily on European scouting and that there would be a shakeup on the NA side. I was flamed as usual, told I was reading too much into it. Then Stevie revamped the scouting dept...

We'll see how the new staff does, but they did little to impress me by picking Draper's kid.

Now I have to agree with you.

Draper's kid is not my problem, but avoiding some European talent, when it still was there, haunted a bit.

Kivenmäki is not Zetterberg, and Söderblom is not Datsyuk, but still these low-round Europeans seems to be the only low-rounders, who have any possiblity to overachieve the expectations.

We should not throw any picks to North-Americans on low rounds, because there just isn't anybody. I accept only goalie picks, like Carter Gylander, as draft-tactical standpoint.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I mentioned in the '19 draft that Stevie was leaning heavily on European scouting and that there would be a shakeup on the NA side. I was flamed as usual, told I was reading too much into it. Then Stevie revamped the scouting dept...

We'll see how the new staff does, but they did little to impress me by picking Draper's kid.

huh? what new GM doesn't shake up the scouting staff(or staff in general for that matter) when he comes in? especially when the other guy was around for a couple decades

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
huh? what new GM doesn't shake up the scouting staff(or staff in general for that matter) when he comes in? especially when the other guy was around for a couple decades
Go read the '19 draft thread. Multiple people flamed me for saying there was going to be a shakeup. Maybe it's obvious to you, but it wasn't to everyone.

J15

Mar 18, 2009
Viro is really nothing special for example and I think Söderblom is also a bit too overrated.
I don't think so at all. In fact, I think given a Euro and NA prospects of roughly equivalent potential there is usually a tendency to overvalue the NA player.

Seems like people on this forum will spend years hyping players like Veleno, McIsaac, Cholowski, Hicketts from draft day. On the other hand it basically takes making an NHL roster or dominating a men's league before players like Hronek, Berggren, and Johansson start to get equivalent attention.

Reactions: alexislafreniere

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
I don't think so at all. In fact, I think given a Euro and NA prospects of roughly equivalent potential there is usually a tendency to overvalue the NA player.

Seems like people on this forum will spend years hyping players like Veleno, McIsaac, Cholowski, Hicketts from draft day. On the other hand it basically takes making an NHL roster or dominating a men's league before players like Hronek, Berggren, and Johansson start to get equivalent attention.
Hicketts wasn’t drafted but I get your point.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
2 Berggren
3 Raymond

10089010.gif

Reactions: lilidk

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
  1. Moritz Seider
  2. Lucas Raymond
  3. Albert Johansson
  4. Theodor Niederbach
  5. Joseph Veleno
  6. William Wallinder
  7. Jonatan Berggren
  8. Robert Mastrosimone
  9. Gustav Lindstrom
  10. Elmer Söderblom

Reactions: Winger98

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
I’d advise you to get on the berggren hype train :nod:
i'm trying, but i've watched three or four games of his this year, and he's just not doing much to hype me relative to the guys i have in front of him. it's a small sample size, so i might only be seeing his worst games, but he's picked up points in a couple of those while remaining largely invisible most shifts. even the points he's picked up when i've watched were mostly secondary assists, and he was on the bench for one of them.

Reactions: Gniwder

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
1- raymond
2- seider
3- berggren
4- johansson
5 - veleno
6 - niederbach
7 - wallinder
8 - soderblom
9 - mastrosimone
10 - grewe

Not 100% comfortable with any of the goalies drafted yet to put them in my top 10 , think guys like smith,lindstrom etc... make it but i tried to put the guys with the most upside in my top 10

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
As of now, subject to change

Seider
Raymond
Johansson
Berggren
Niederbach
Veleno
Mastrosimone
Soderblom
Wallinder
Petruzzelli

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Seider
Raymond

Veleno
Johansson
Soderblom
Niederbach
Mastrosemone
Setkov
Bergreen
Petruzzelli
Wallinder

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
We are thin on goalie. SY should try to bring some talent for try out from Europe

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Seider283
Raymond267
Berggren201
Johansson194
Veleno188
Niederbach138
Wallinder110